Author Topic: Halakhe Waqo- man of the moment ...how long can he stay in the kitchen  (Read 17792 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Yes it a waiting game. Of course the best anti-corruption measures are those geared at putting controls and measures to actually prevent corruption from happening.. like the breaks applied to the laptop project..that was inflated by 2 or 10b. And Uhuru by enforcing computerization..thro IFMIS...means all tenders will now be on the systems..and there is more accountability there.  There a lot more that can be done to improve the tender appeal process. The so called IPOA or public procurement appeals board...seem to do an haphazard job.

The punishment part...i think we have all the laws..including those that allow gov to seize proceed from corruptions and illegal activities..

They just need to apply. Uhuru job as far as fighting graft in my view is to just set the ball rolling by demonstrating he has zero tolerance against graft. This wil embolden whistle blowers and institutions charged with the task to do their job.

So far he has done his job..just make it a rule..whoever is mentioned by EACC goes home....now he needs to complete it by hiring a good EACC leadership...and for me he will have done his part in the fight.

Then my last problem with him will only be INSECURITY. Otherwise kenya is marwa.

I don't see kamwana as immune from the culture he was raised in.  Like Parkerpen says, if the worst that can happen is being named and shamed or suspended or brought before a malleable court after pocketing wanjiku's millions, that is ridiculous.  I think we wait and see whether this one does not fizzle out after the PR purposes are achieved.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
One by one they are cleared http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000163166/director-of-public-prosecution-keriako-tobiko-clears-siaya-senator-james-orengo-former-secretary-to-the-cabinet-francis-kimemia-of-corruption-allegations.  No evidence of corruption.  Files closing.

Linked to stolen billions, the money unrecovered and already forgotten in the midst of the little circus, and now cleared.   Safi kama pamba.   

A person like Kimemia came into that list already "pre-cleared".   Uhuru knows just how far he can joke around with guys like that---to the same extent that the Total Man was willing to indulge Moi in a bit of foolery and side-shows for the public.   

People like Orengo were, of course, necessary to have some "smoke" for "balance".   Now, its CORD-1, JAP-1.   Who's going to complain?  And the celebrations of "our man" getting cleared will detract from the real question: "who stole or was behind the theft of this public land, public money, or whatever".   

There are people like Kamau who still supposedly have "problems".   I'll take 5-to-1 wagers against anybody who believes that Kamau has any real problems.    I give those odds on the basis of a consideration of (a) whether he could have eaten that much in such a project without some serious people behind him, and (b) far from quietly disappearing, a guy like Pattni has recently been suing and apparently winning money from GoK.   (Looks like he had a "recovery" plan when he handed over that hotel.)

Those who are praising Uhuru for his "bold action" should consider a few things:

* giving what is supposedly an independent agency a short period in which to "clear" or whatever;

* the leadership of said agency collapsing at this supposedly very critical  time.

MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
this halakhe waqo guys seems to got balls or he is really indepndent ....his cv shows he is not worried about losing the job ....

his insistence that DPP office has not cleared anybody and that it shouldreturn the files with recommendations on how to make the charges watertight shows he understands his job...he is not dramatic thus not attracting unnecessary vibes

Tobiko or his guys seem to be taking bribes to 'cleanse' some of these files

Next step Uhuru takes now that 60 days are over will be telling on political will to protect little public funds

Does the mean upringing of Uhuru by Mama Ngina determine his affinity for corrupt deals?
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

• Enigma
this halakhe waqo guys seems to got balls or he is really indepndent ....his cv shows he is not worried about losing the job ....

his insistence that DPP office has not cleared anybody and that it shouldreturn the files with recommendations on how to make the charges watertight shows he understands his job...he is not dramatic thus not attracting unnecessary vibes

Tobiko or his guys seem to be taking bribes to 'cleanse' some of these files

Next step Uhuru takes now that 60 days are over will be telling on political will to protect little public funds

Does the mean upringing of Uhuru by Mama Ngina determine his affinity for corrupt deals?
The pushback is commendable.  However he should go one step further and tell Kenyanss what they(EACC) have done and unearthed, and why they believe these are the culprits. 

They can't just sit and wait for witnesses and whistleblowers.  I am not saying they do that, but I would not be surprised.  Otherwise Tobiko will eat his chicken and ignore him.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
Some progress from KMC
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/KMC-boss-Ibrahim-Haji-Issak-graft-list-court/-/1056/2732118/-/qlm9bhz/-/index.html

Tobiko goes after small fish after "clearing" the big fish and falsely claiming that they were cleared by EACC.  Why would EACC send a recommendation to clear toTobiko? 

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Tobiko clears Kambi and nails Raddisson Blue kamau. That good news considering Kamau has been eat from chinese for nearly 10yrs now.He can concentrate on running his business.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Kambi-let-off-the-hook/-/1056/2732636/-/emtd0e/-/index.html

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Big fish Raddison Blue Kamau to be charged.
EACC should go beyond charging these guys and reposses proceeds from crimes like this hotel that likes of CS have over the year scam from contracts in road ministry.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Suspended-CS-Michael-Kamau-summoned-to-court-to-face-charges/-/1056/2737326/-/vac939z/-/index.html

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Transport & Infrastructure secretary Michael Kamau is the chairman of the Elgon Road Developments board. That owns this hotel set to open this month. This is proceeds most likely from chinese and other tenders that  Engineer Kamau has engineered during his long tenure at road ministry.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Kamau is in good company. He will soon be a free man although without new income :D :D
As Moon ki emntioned here Kamau stole with others much senior to him. Alone with SGR he has made the current leadership billionaires with enough war chest for 2017. He need not worry as they cannot afford to nail him without nailing themselves.

Transport & Infrastructure secretary Michael Kamau is the chairman of the Elgon Road Developments board. That owns this hotel set to open this month. This is proceeds most likely from chinese and other tenders that  Engineer Kamau has engineered during his long tenure at road ministry.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
That is probably true. I guess we can only celebrate that he is probably never coming back to cabinet...to steal some more..and we will get a new thief.
Kamau is in good company. He will soon be a free man although without new income :D :D
As Moon ki emntioned here Kamau stole with others much senior to him. Alone with SGR he has made the current leadership billionaires with enough war chest for 2017. He need not worry as they cannot afford to nail him without nailing themselves.

• Enigma
He most definitely will walk.  With his proceeds intact.  With people like Okemo sitting pretty even as speeches are made against the vice, there clearly is no will to sort the corruption in Kenya.  The kind of charade that by now nobody should fall for.

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
The rot of corruption in Kenya has set in to such an extent that really tackling it will require a national leader that is not beholden to the usual "mafias".   But the maths of tribe-based elections mean that it is unlikely that such a leader will appear in Kenya in, say, the next 50 years.  So the sort of top-down leadership that one would normally expect in such cases is out of the question for quite a long time.

As things stand, devolution offers the best chance, given that people get to see the eaters right there, on their doorsteps, and will, one hopes, get more worked up and demand changes.   Nevertheless, even devolution will take a long time to work because at the first cut, corruption itself gets devolved and the tribal maths gets devolved into clan (or sub-tribe) maths.    Kisumu County is an instructive example here.

Kenyans should simply resign themselves to their country becoming another Nigeria and worse.   The only hope one can see on the horizon is that the populace will evolve to the point where character and integrity are considered when choosing leaders, the biggest thieves are not the most admired people, etc.       

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Windy, why only mention Okemo who is small fish in comparison to companion in crime former Kenya Power boss Samuel Gichuru.

He most definitely will walk.  With his proceeds intact.  With people like Okemo sitting pretty even as speeches are made against the vice, there clearly is no will to sort the corruption in Kenya.  The kind of charade that by now nobody should fall for.

• Enigma
Windy, why only mention Okemo who is small fish in comparison to companion in crime former Kenya Power boss Samuel Gichuru.

Because Okemo was recently given a cushy job by kamwana before he embarked on his phony crusade against the vice.

Harriet Tubman

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
whose goat has Kamau eaten??..kwani alikataa kushare loot as agreed ...anawakulei madons ama?
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
How about he became reckless...and started leaving his footprints and fingerprints all over the crime scene like that tiny road in Kitale.That normally is called the proverbial 40 days of a thief. I hope he get nabbed for SGR sub-contracts. That would be one less thief to worry about.
whose goat has Kamau eaten??..kwani alikataa kushare loot as agreed ...anawakulei madons ama?

• Enigma
Kamau is guilty of eating with his mouth open.  Like a caveman.

The President seems to be seems to be super agitated about corruption.  Why can't he fire him?

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma