Author Topic: Halakhe Waqo- man of the moment ...how long can he stay in the kitchen  (Read 17794 times)

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Does he understand what he is up to? is he just naive??

Have they started giving this wariah CIA security or the thugs have found easy to bribe guys in Tobiko and his office

http://www.eacc.go.ke/WHATSNEW.ASP?ID=425&day=1/29/201

Can we start a countdown to his downfall? should he avoid the media?? Is he up to the task?
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
They are doing really great. If Uhuru can sustain this fight and he has all the reason to do so; we can turn the page slowly against high level graft. I think they've done a decent job. 189 officials suspended and under investigation.

If they go the whole hog; they will embolden more whistle blowers to come forward and report corruption.

So far so goods. At least Uhuru and EACC are starting to address on of our serious challenge. CORRUPTION.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
I do hope Uhuru will appoint a mzungu either from kenya or commonwealth as chairman of EACC. Somebody truly incorruptible.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
As long as the big ones of Anglo leasing and Goldenberg remain untouched, let alone jailed and locked up, I remain skeptical.  Too many vested interests among the current protagonists for it to be anything more than a charade.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
As long as the big ones of Anglo leasing and Goldenberg remain untouched, let alone jailed and locked up, I remain skeptical.  Too many vested interests among the current protagonists for it to be anything more than a charade.

All that has happened is that list of names has been handed out, and there has been a lot of subsequent noise.   So far there are no "results", nor will there be any.    That is "standard" practice.   One only need count the number of past corruption cases that have gone anywhere, regardless of all the noise.   

Kenyans should get excited only when there are trials and people go to jail.  That's not going to happen to anyone "big" and especially not the people behind Anglo Leasing, Goldenburg, etc.

The will to tackle corruption just doesn't exist in Kenya, and it will not change as long integrity and character are not included in the criteria for leadership and for its part the public thinks highly of even ill-gotten wealth.  Kenya is largely a country led by thieves (and other criminals)  and populated with aspiring thieves. 
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

• Enigma

All that has happened is that list of names has been handed out, and there has been a lot of subsequent noise.   So far there are no "results", nor will there be any.    That is "standard" practice.   One only need count the number of past corruption cases that have gone anywhere, regardless of all the noise.   

Kenyans should get excited only when there are trials and people go to jail.  That's not going to happen to anyone "big" and especially not the people behind Anglo Leasing, Goldenburg, etc.

The will to tackle corruption just doesn't exist in Kenya, and it will not change as long integrity and character are not included in the criteria for leadership and for its part the public thinks highly of even ill-gotten wealth.  Kenya is largely a country led by thieves (and other criminals)  and populated with aspiring thieves. 
In fact it would seem that the institutions that have been created to deal with corruption are now used to sanitize and give a clean bill of health to the crooks.  They have become just another tool in the political arsenal of those in power.

I have lately lost track of where the chicken-gate investigation is at.  It is such a low hanging fruit, it is mind-boggling some people are not already in jail.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
In fact it would seem that the institutions that have been created to deal with corruption are now used to sanitize and give a clean bill of health to the crooks. 

It's cheeky, but, given the way things work in Kenya, one has to admit that it's a neat little trick.   And the mess at the top of the EACC is also very timely: it will be very handy for any lawyer faced with clear evidence that his/her client did it.

I have lately lost track of where the chicken-gate investigation is at.  It is such a low hanging fruit, it is mind-boggling some people are not already in jail.

Which one is that?   If it's the elections thing, you must be the only one who remembers it.   Most of us accepted and moved on to await the new, weekly eating story.    Besides, who's going to squeeze folks like those?   They know things they might talk about if it comes to the worst.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
procurement reforms; Uhuru seem to be finally on the right track;
http://standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000163495/uhuru-begins-process-to-lay-off-lazy-pss

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
That too cynical. Any effort against graft in kenya however minimal should be praised. Uhuru has suspended 185 officials including several ministers and PS. That in my view is huge and unprecedented in all the 4 regimes we've had.

If he sustains this...then more and more folks will be embolden to come out and report graft. The ball is squarely on EACC, DPP and Judiciary.

Uhuru I doubt has any need to steal and doesn't seem embolden to any politician (san Ruto); so we can say Uhuru will act tough on graft except where WSR is directly involved;

Uhuru has also gotten rid of the dead woods at EACC (Mumo,Keino, Asanyo] and one can hope he'll replace them with folks really committed to fighting graft; his bring back of someone like Leakey to KWS gives me hope.

All we need is a Leakey at EACC and DPP...and all these nonsense get sorted out.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Why have you left out SGR. Guys pocketed nearly 40B Ksh or is that peanuts?

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Stop being naive. It is as if presidential campaign costs him nothing. His family and his business associates invested billions. They want their returns back with interest and also need war chest for 2017.

That too cynical. Any effort against graft in kenya however minimal should be praised. Uhuru has suspended 185 officials including several ministers and PS. That in my view is huge and unprecedented in all the 4 regimes we've had.

If he sustains this...then more and more folks will be embolden to come out and report graft. The ball is squarely on EACC, DPP and Judiciary.

Uhuru I doubt has any need to steal and doesn't seem embolden to any politician (san Ruto); so we can say Uhuru will act tough on graft except where WSR is directly involved;

Uhuru has also gotten rid of the dead woods at EACC (Mumo,Keino, Asanyo] and one can hope he'll replace them with folks really committed to fighting graft; his bring back of someone like Leakey to KWS gives me hope.

All we need is a Leakey at EACC and DPP...and all these nonsense get sorted out.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Maybe I should stop being hopeful.Uhuru has shown some belatedly resolve to fight graft. As far as I know Radisson Kamau of SGR is in the ropes. And so are AngoLeasing Kimanis. Uhuru has suspended 183 officials and that surely deserve some praises. The cases are moving to court. There has been no attempt to shield any sacred cow.

Uhuru has to do a lot more ..but I like what am seeing.

I'm not expecting diehard CORD folks like you to see any positive in this regime...but I remain ever objective...and will criticize when there is need and praise when it's praiseworthy.

Uhuru is on the right track...better late than never.

Stop being naive. It is as if presidential campaign costs him nothing. His family and his business associates invested billions. They want their returns back with interest and also need war chest for 2017.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
The bitter truth is Radisson Kamau did pocket the SGR loot but he was a minority shareholder. Major shareholders were Jimmy Wanjigi alias James Bond and one Uhuru Kenyatta.

Maybe I should stop being hopeful.Uhuru has shown some belatedly resolve to fight graft. As far as I know Radisson Kamau of SGR is in the ropes. And so are AngoLeasing Kimanis. Uhuru has suspended 183 officials and that surely deserve some praises. The cases are moving to court. There has been no attempt to shield any sacred cow.

Uhuru has to do a lot more ..but I like what am seeing.

I'm not expecting diehard CORD folks like you to see any positive in this regime...but I remain ever objective...and will criticize when there is need and praise when it's praiseworthy.

Uhuru is on the right track...better late than never.

• Enigma

I agree that it would be commendable.  If there is in fact such an effort.  Given Kenya's history, it's premature to assume that this is the case.

It might just as well be an effort to sanitize and protect the same rot.  One might notice something different if kamwana fires Kamau for instance.  But even that has to be looked at in the context of "sacrificing" a pawn to protect the whole.

Remember Biwott and Oyugi were once "arrested" for Ouko's murder.  Kamwana spends a lot of time sitting at nyayo's knee.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
The 185 was a fair list and Uhuru didn't have any sacred cows. Whoever was mentioned including Ruto's own Chief of Staff is home; Ngilu (despite the political undercurrents),Kimemia, Kamau and name.

This is good step forward.

The next step is to really appoint a serious (again preferably mzungu) anti-craft czar in the mould of Leakey or someone that cannot be intimidated or give in to tribal or political pressure.

Once that is done...i think more and more people will step forward to report craft...

As of now...folks have given up whistle blowing about graft..it become part of our life..and that is worse than even in 90s.

I doubt Uhuru is motivated to be PORK for corruption sake (unlike Ruto)...and I'm hopefully that if he deals with his lethargy...he can deal with graft. The man doesn't have to steal to win any election. His parents has stolen enough for many many generations.

Heck they financed him in 02 and 13.

I agree that it would be commendable.  If there is in fact such an effort.  Given Kenya's history, it's premature to assume that this is the case.

It might just as well be an effort to sanitize and protect the same rot.  One might notice something different if kamwana fires Kamau for instance.  But even that has to be looked at in the context of "sacrificing" a pawn to protect the whole.

Remember Biwott and Oyugi were once "arrested" for Ouko's murder.  Kamwana spends a lot of time sitting at nyayo's knee.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
I doubt Uhuru is motivated to be PORK for corruption sake (unlike Ruto)...and I'm hopefully that if he deals with his lethargy...he can deal with graft. The man doesn't have to steal to win any election. His parents has stolen enough for many many generations.

I too doubt that he is.  The question is whether or not he is really independent of those who are inclined to the vice.    "Our people" mentality is very strong in Kenya, and at the end of the day I don't see him having his "our people" suffer or "interfering" with other people who know things (ICC, Chicken-Gate, etc.)  or who might influence votes in certain areas.   A really serious person would have had more sense than to offer Okemo a cushy job.

Remember that the guy once got up in public and stated that the head of the corruption snake was in his own office.    And then?

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
If I pocket 300million and get suspended i will laugh all the way to t the bank!!
Hoever, If I get charged and go to jail for 5yrs am still good.
If I go to jail for 7, then I will shiver.

• Enigma
I don't see kamwana as immune from the culture he was raised in.  Like Parkerpen says, if the worst that can happen is being named and shamed or suspended or brought before a malleable court after pocketing wanjiku's millions, that is ridiculous.  I think we wait and see whether this one does not fizzle out after the PR purposes are achieved.

Harriet Tubman