Author Topic: Let's Pray  (Read 4368 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Let's Pray
« on: May 24, 2015, 08:38:54 AM »
Good morning church,

Today God says,
Hebrews 13:5-6King James Version (KJV)
5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

CONVERSATION is archaic English word for conduct/lifestyle.
COVETOUSNESS- an insane desire to possess especially that which belongs to someone else

Live lives free of covetousness. Many times it goes beyond desiring. You are possessed  by bitterness and anger over the fact that it is your friend or relation who has IT and not you. They drive a bigger car, hold a bigger position, stay in a bigger house....so you are mad about it. Some relatives just can't stomach your success. They hate you, or you hate them because they appear to be doing better than you. God says be content with what you have. This is not to settle for less or to drop your ambition. It is to be satisfied even as you look to God for provision.

The author of Hebrews then to buttress his point quotes or paraphrases Joshua 1:5,or Psalms 37:25.

Note, he says HE (God) HAS SAID, so WE MAY SAY(Psalms 118:6 and Psalms 27:1)

Again note, because God said, we may say......

That's the confidence we have in His word. Because He said this, we may say that. Child of God, today, you need to appropriate specific scriptures for your life and say it.

Are you facing attacks from all sides? God says,
Isaiah 54:17 (KJV)
17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;
and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.

Say it.
When Satan tempted Jesus, not only did he not succumb, He spoke the Word of God. He said 'it is written'. Brethren speak the very word of God into your situation as shared above.  Say and speak what God has spoken over your life. And you shall have a victorious life

Selah!

Have a victorious Lord's Day as we worship the Bread of Life (John 6:35)

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Let's Pray
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 07:41:02 PM »
Curtis Mayfield did it well.  Aretha Franklin did it the only way she could.

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman