Author Topic: A beautiful phallic complete with two balls  (Read 22806 times)

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: A beautiful phallic complete with two balls
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2015, 11:33:47 AM »
I'm sure you think Protestants were innocent warm, fuzzy teddy bears in those days. Nothing on the tomb-worshipping persecuted early Christians, though? :D

Bella I'm not that foolish to think protestants were warm, fuzzy teddy bears. The invocation of moral equivalence won't do in Christianity.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2015, 11:48:37 AM »
I'm sure you think Protestants were innocent warm, fuzzy teddy bears in those days. Nothing on the tomb-worshipping persecuted early Christians, though? :D

Bella I'm not that foolish to think protestants were warm, fuzzy teddy bears. The invocation of moral equivalence won't do in Christianity.
No it wont, just honesty. Speaking of which, when did the subject of this thread turn into what the catholic church did to protestants 500 years ago?
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2015, 12:09:23 PM »
Like I said in the other thread, today is clearly not a good morning for me. I am just not interested in another useless debate that will leave us all exactly where we started in our beliefs, just seems pointless more and more, these days. I am sorry about the snarkiness in my posts but I really should take a time out. Enjoy your nipate convos, don't let Bella ruin it for y'all. I'm out 8)
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2015, 12:42:27 PM »
Like I said in the other thread, today is clearly not a good morning for me. I am just not interested in another useless debate that will leave us all exactly where we started in our beliefs, just seems pointless more and more, these days. I am sorry about the snarkiness in my posts but I really should take a time out. Enjoy your nipate convos, don't let Bella ruin it for y'all. I'm out 8)

Agreed. It is highly unlikely that people will change positions because of what is posted here. When you posted did you want to change our positions? Maybe not. We leave any debate better informed than before. Whether we change or not is dependent on how we respond to the conviction of the Spirit of God of what is true, what is biblical.

Debate does not become useless just because people disagree. In a post up there you disagreed with us. It did not make the debate useless.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2015, 12:45:25 PM »
Agreed. It is highly unlikely that people will change positions because of what is posted here. When you posted did you want to change our positions? Maybe not. We leave any debate better informed than before. Whether we change or not is dependent on how we respond to the conviction of the Spirit of God of what is true, what is biblical.

Debate does not become useless just because people disagree. In a post up there you disagreed with us. It did not make the debate useless.
Nuff Sed,
I agree with you in part. Debates are healthy regardless of the outcome. Doctrines and religion are emotive issues and people react differently when their beliefs are challenged. As an example is how you have ignored the subject of the thread and engaged kadame on a totally unrelated topic. That's deflection.

I started one on Peter and papacy, invited kadame and she heartily contributed. I opted out after I had my fill. So, likewise start a thread on necromancy and sainthood and invite kadame. Am curious to know how a miracle performed by praying to/through a saint is verified which I hear is a step towards sainthood. But I would not aks on this thread. Here it's all about SDA hard-ons
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2015, 09:21:07 PM »

Nuff Sed,
I agree with you in part. Debates are healthy regardless of the outcome. Doctrines and religion are emotive issues and people react differently when their beliefs are challenged. As an example is how you have ignored the subject of the thread and engaged kadame on a totally unrelated topic. That's deflection.

I started one on Peter and papacy, invited kadame and she heartily contributed. I opted out after I had my fill. So, likewise start a thread on necromancy and sainthood and invite kadame. Am curious to know how a miracle performed by praying to/through a saint is verified which I hear is a step towards sainthood. But I would not aks on this thread. Here it's all about SDA hard-ons
The sainthood is already in place when these things are happening.  If my understanding is still up to date, the people on earth don't make the saint.  They merely recognize the fact.  You must mean a step towards formal recognition of the same. 

I think miracles are verified through the normal process.  Someone prays for the saint's intercession usually after all else has failed and something good happens.  An incorruptible corpse does not hurt the case for sainthood either.

Here is an example for Saint Josemaria.
http://www.josemariaescriva.info/article/two-miracles-in-one-week

In is the wiki article on Josemaria's canonization, some obviously well qualified professionals conclude that a cure of a carmelite nun could not be attributed to natural causes. 
1982: Creation of another tribunal to document a miracle attributed to the intercession of the Servant of God. This presided over by Cardinal Enrique y Tarancon. The miracle had occurred in 1976 with the sudden cure of a Carmelite nun suffering from terminal cancer. On April 3, this tribunal was concluded and a certified copy of the proceedings was sent to the Congregation for the Causes of Saints in Rome.
1990: On March 20, Affirmative Verdict by the Ordinary Congregation of Cardinals and Bishops. On April 9, the Pope ordered the publication of the Decree on the heroic virtues of the Servant of God. After the promulgation of this Decree, the Postulation could present to the Congregation the Positio of the Madrid process on the proposed miraculous cure. On June 30, the Medical Consultants of the Congregation, in their technical report, concluded that the cure could not be explained by natural causes. On July 14, after examining the case, the Meeting of Theologian Consultants affirmed the miraculous character of the cure and attributed its cause directly to the intercession of the Servant of God.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canonization_of_Josemar%C3%ADa_Escriv%C3%A1
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2015, 03:37:04 PM »
Voke thanks. It's a rare thing to see you agreeing with me. :D I'd rather see you agree with the Bible more. I'm also curious about the verification of miracles as a necessary step for canonization. Of even greater interest is the attribution. See Windy's example of Josemaria where the person attributes the answered prayer to Josemaria and thanks him for it. If the prayer was audible, I would not be surprised if the devil himself answered it to entrench worship of a dead man rather than trust in God's answer to prayer. 

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2015, 06:18:22 PM »
Voke thanks. It's a rare thing to see you agreeing with me. :D I'd rather see you agree with the Bible more. I'm also curious about the verification of miracles as a necessary step for canonization. Of even greater interest is the attribution. See Windy's example of Josemaria where the person attributes the answered prayer to Josemaria and thanks him for it. If the prayer was audible, I would not be surprised if the devil himself answered it to entrench worship of a dead man rather than trust in God's answer to prayer. 
Am on the side of truth Nuff Sed, and am continously studying and praying to learn more truth.

If Mary or Paul' showed up, I'd kick they butts so hard they'd never attempt again.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.