Author Topic: Let's Pray  (Read 4306 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Let's Pray
« on: May 10, 2015, 09:22:57 AM »
Good Morning church,
Today is Mother's Day and of course all of us can identify with mothers, all except Adam who was motherless

I want to share a few disjointed scriptures and brief lessons on motherhood from the scriptures

Here somebody , a woman of course marveled at Jesus teachings and she figured that his mother must have been a really blessed figure (we have a sect who think exactly like her). Jesus quickly reminded her that blessedness is not his blood relation but HEARING and KEEPING the Word of God!

Mary was just another Jewish girl who went on and sired several kids with Josee after Jesus. Of course she was unique in being the mother of Jesus in the FLESH. And so were his brothers in the flesh. But that's just about it. Selah!

Here is YHWH assuring us that mothers have an extremely strong bond with their nursing babies and his bond with us is several fold stronger. This is one verse only mothers can understand. But lately abandoned infants are a tad too common. Selah!

2 Timothy 1:5 (ESV)
 I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well.

May be I read too much into this verse but how do we have two women figures in the life of Timothy and no father-figure? I suppose these two women played a major role in shaping Timothy's faith. Where was the men? Where was his father and grandfather? Timothy's father was Greek (Acts 16:1)

And I notice women are always more passionate in the things of God. A women's meeting is likely to be packed and overflowing while men's meetings are just 'there'. Let the men wake up and go to church. Selah!

Here, we have two most remarkable women; Moses mother. When's he heard that all Jewish kids was being killed, she took a gamble. She hid him to increase his chances of survival. And it paid. Pharaoh's daughter saw him, took him in and adopted him. May the lord bless all mothers who have raised kids they did not sire! Selah

Yaani a kid falls sick and the father orders he be taken to his mother as he continues works. May be that's how they was used to, or he thought it was a minor thing. The kid kufd on his mother's laps. She took him to Elisha's bed and went to look for him...read the rest of the chapter for what came out of it. All in all, I salute the mother's determination where the father just stood by. God bless you mothers Selah!

I could go on and on but I want to stop here. The last reference to motherhood in the scriptures is horrifying. John sees a vision and in it a woman who is called MOTHER of Prostitutes and Earth's Abomination. As to the identity of this woman I leave that to another day, but the point here is women sire what they are. They pass that onto they children. Let all mothers take heed so that when they stand before God, they shall not be ashamed but feted for good stewardship of the children God entrusted them. Selah!

Shalom
And now, some songs for all mothers

Have a happy and restful Lord's and Mother's Day as we worship the Faithful Witness,the Firstborn of the Dead, and the Ruler of  Kings on earth(Rev 1:5)

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.