Author Topic: Freddie Gray's actions vs police harming public safety  (Read 1468 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Freddie Gray's actions vs police harming public safety
« on: May 01, 2015, 07:40:41 AM »
I've heard many a conversations in public about it.

If you asked me, you could argue what's been stated in the media in two ways. Freddie's actions read like a Dave Chapelle skit. He ran from the cops, acted limp hence no seatbelt they tossed him the van, then injured himself in the van to avoid bail/jail/get in trouble.

On the otherhand, he was injured by the cops when caught, tossed in the van with no regard for his safety, he screamed for help but they ignored him and hit the breaks thereby he was further injured from whiplash/snapped neck.

I'm of the opinion the likely scenario is the second. The cops involved should be charged for manslaughter for law enforcement negligence (no seatbelt), or murder if there's evidence they intented to injure a member of the publc. Disregard for public safety is criminal, especially when perpetrated by public officers who are supposed to protect the public. Worse than thuggery.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: Freddie Gray's actions vs police harming public safety
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 08:19:11 AM »
I've heard back and forth in the media about justice.

This isn't about justice. This isn't about Black lives matter. This is about upholding public safety. This is about reprimanding officers for compromising public safety. This isn't a judicial matter. This is something the superiors and government authorities should've done immediately. Run an internal investigation and have those officers dismissed and prosecuted for killing a member of the public intentionally or not. It's an open and shut no brainer if those superiors did their job. Done in a matter of days if prioritized.

Freddie Gray's murder trial is a private matter and is not the real issue here.

The issue should be about officers not following protocol like a pilot would when flying a plane to ensure a passenger isn't injured let alone killed. When taken into custody, officers are responsible for safety.

They effectively killed that young man and the public has a right to rise up against such no action.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 04:06:54 PM »
As for police shooting, its very hard to convict a police officer because current law gives them a very wide leeway.
As for Gray, I dont know what happened but its very hard to sever the spinal cord. I heard this morning that a metal in the van went thru the back and severed his spine.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 12:55:31 AM »
As for police shooting, its very hard to convict a police officer because current law gives them a very wide leeway.
As for Gray, I dont know what happened but its very hard to sever the spinal cord. I heard this morning that a metal in the van went thru the back and severed his spine.
Gray was chased down after he looked an officer in the eye.  I am sure after the caught him, they subdued him as is customary; slam his body on some object(hood of the squad car, or hard ground). These people's civil rights are routinely abused without consequence.  The police culture has to change.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman