Author Topic: Tribunal or Kangaroo Court  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Tribunal or Kangaroo Court
« on: April 30, 2015, 04:20:54 PM »
I was writing this when I got a call that Mrs. Keino had resigned. I think she would have given them hell if she had stood and fought.

http://omollosview.com/blog/2015/04/30/eacc-probe-uhuru-appointed-a-kangaroo-court/
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Tribunal or Kangaroo Court
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 05:22:26 PM »
I would think that for a tribunal such as this one the main focus should be on the integrity and ability of the persons appointed. 

The fixation on whether the people can be qualified to be judges of the high court is strange.  This is a task that can be done by a level headed person as far I can tell.

Ultimately legalism(I don't know how else to call it) is part of the reason we have criminals in office.  Because they have not exhausted all avenues of appeal.

That said, of course this tribunal is not going to be the first to be anything other than a waste of money.

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 05:36:54 PM »
The game is over. Irene Keino has resigned and now it is just a question of time before Matemu throws in the towel.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 08:17:51 PM »
I wouldn't get too excited over this.    Those two are already gone.   Of course, like others before them, their "legacy" amounts to zero.   Wait.  I take that back: PLO at least left an archive of some very fine speeches.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 03:59:42 PM »
I wouldn't get too excited over this.    Those two are already gone.   Of course, like others before them, their "legacy" amounts to zero.   Wait.  I take that back: PLO at least left an archive of some very fine speeches.
Makes it hard to mourn them. They were told they lacked the passion for the job but insisted on taking it. They never wondered why The Corrupt were so eager to install them in those jobs. They may have known they will get bribes but the thought of being set up to fail never arose.

The question is who is next? Anybody wants a job for a while until say..... when he tries to actually do the job?
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread