Author Topic: Why would you loot toilet paper ?  (Read 6358 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Why would you loot toilet paper ?
« on: April 29, 2015, 11:07:15 PM »
I'm not understanding the images I'm seeing of numerous people looting toilet paper.

Wouldn't you aim for the meds ?

Shocking there were even mothers and healthcare workers looting.

These were ordinary citizens.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Re: Why would you loot toilet paper ?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 02:30:30 AM »
I can understand that.   Running out of toilet paper at a "critical moment" can be traumatic, and anyone who has gone through that may be expected to take advantage of every opportunity that would help in avoiding a repeat.

Still, once they've loaded up on Pooping Gear, they should go out for some good stuff---at the fancy malls, where the rich folks live, etc.   There is also no shortage of guns in the USA; so why not give some lead to a few coppers.   
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 02:42:05 AM »
Those look like napkins(serviettes).  Someone's probably grilling and ran out.

I would go for Doritos and salsa.  Have you tried those veritas?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 02:53:13 AM »
Guys that's not the point. Would you really want to be caught on camera looting toilet paper and go to jail for it?

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 03:36:07 AM »

You could be right.   The guy at the top looks like he's also got two "tubes" of Pringles and a one-gallon container of soy sauce.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 07:44:46 AM »
Guys that's not the point. Would you really want to be caught on camera looting toilet paper and go to jail for it?
You can't understand this unless you was a negro
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 09:25:29 AM »
Personally, the most amazing raiding/looting spectacle I ever saw on CNN was when some middle-class-looking bazungu in Argentina stripped supermarkets and butcheries when the country went through financial crises, perhaps 8-10 years ago. It was really amazing to see. The cleverer store owners, having learnt fast from watching the looted stores, made a deal with the angry (or was it hungry?) mobs to voluntarily hand-out the freebies in an orderly fashion (with queues and everything!) and retain their stores.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 10:09:46 AM »
Personally, the most amazing raiding/looting spectacle I ever saw on CNN was when some middle-class-looking bazungu in Argentina stripped supermarkets and butcheries when the country went through financial crises, perhaps 8-10 years ago. It was really amazing to see. The cleverer store owners, having learnt fast from watching the looted stores, made a deal with the angry (or was it hungry?) mobs to voluntarily hand-out the freebies in an orderly fashion (with queues and everything!) and retain their stores.
Kadame,
Look up his genealogy....negro ancestors I swear :)

Seriously speaking, looting is a mob psychology thing. I could howl like a dog during UoN riots and am the politest negro you will ever run into in real life 8)
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 02:28:48 PM »
What about the past London protests and looting, why they negroes too?
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 02:31:44 PM »
I'm not understanding the images I'm seeing of numerous people looting toilet paper.

There is only so much you can loot from a CVS store.....household stuff, simple medications like Tylenol for headaches, make up shampoo...etc. For most of this people it was about making a statement however stupid that may sound, especially given that in that particular neighborhood, they don't have much else in terms of super stores that bring real business to a community. They do have plenty of liquor stores but no play ground for the kids....its frustration of a people that is being displayed in the only way they know how.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 06:31:55 PM »

Funnily enough, it's simply herd mentality.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 03:06:26 AM »
This is an important moment in history and being caught on camera looting toilet paper isn't something you'd tell your grand kids.

I think this is a combination of a lack of education and reactionary to the environmental stimulus. Immediately they see the mess inside CVS and they're drawn to something bulky and clean. My two cents.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 03:35:27 AM »
This is an important moment in history and being caught on camera looting toilet paper isn't something you'd tell your grand kids.

Looting is looting.   Suppose that instead they were caught on camera running off with bottles of vitamin pills.   Is the idea that the kids would say, "true, grandpa was a scoundrel; but let's focus on his being heath-conscious"?

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 05:46:44 AM »
Lol !

Lots of them ran off with bags of chips and pringles. It's consistent with a dirty environment like a frat party. I'm convinced the environment influences loot mentality. If there were beer kegs versus rolex watches in a messy environment, I bet my money they'll loot the beer. If it was a rolex shop with random toilet paper rolls, they'll loot the rolex. Brand name, shop name, these are powerful loot triggers in my opinion.

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2015, 02:51:23 PM »

You could be right.   The guy at the top looks like he's also got two "tubes" of Pringles and a one-gallon container of soy sauce.

"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2015, 08:00:06 PM »
Of course it's not soy sauce. Omg.

The chap obviously doesn't realise it's not toilet paper.

Unless his lady is a cougar, that type of bulky sanitary wear ain't for the younger.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2015, 08:09:28 PM »

The chap obviously doesn't realise it's not toilet paper.

Unless his lady is a cougar, that type of bulky sanitary wear ain't for the younger.
Could it be sanitary wear for a young woman who just gave birth?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2015, 10:21:49 PM »

I don't know how you can be sure.   I often buy soy sauce in bulk, especially times like now when I make marinades for large bbqs, and the containers look exactly like that.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 11:28:35 PM »
 :roll:

It's a fear issue. The older generation don't trust thin technology. Thin sanitary pads came out later before bulky ones while I was in school. Took years even for me to transition. Thin ones absorb a hell of a lot better. Lots of pharmacies stock bulky ones for older women.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2015, 12:34:58 AM »

Have you considered the possibility that he was off to make a marinade for a large BBQ?