Author Topic: Xenophobia in SA  (Read 12179 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Xenophobia in SA
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2015, 04:12:44 PM »
I think the lesson they can learn from Zim is to do early like Kenya did it. Kenya successfully kicked out about the same number of white farmers in about 1M Hectares of land btw 1960-1970s.

Zim didn't want to do it that way and left white farmers long while Mugabe-Brits kept postponing what flew in the face of anyone as being an evil anomaly..2% (or about 5,000) white farmers owning about 90% of all arable land in an African country? while the poor black without as much as anything to fallback is employed as farm help or cleaner or factory worker in small towns.

In RSA..it seem 40,000 whites own 80% of the land !!!!! That is unacceptable.

When a black south african loses his job as cleaner or factory worker..where does he fallback into? Where is his ushago? To fallback and restart life.

RSA have spent 20yrs now..since independence...and have managed to only transfer 9% of the land....soon enough a Malema will come to power and shit will it the fan.

Boers should transition into industries...while gov should give poorest of south africans free land...or land on loan.

The signs are already out there...violent crime and xenophobia...while growth has grounded to halt....they need to do something like radically divided the land for poor africans without option. A boer can get into a plane and get citizenship in any country in the world..and get really cheap land in America, Europe and Oceania..Canada is empty...what options does a black african has.

If you need to see RSA...you just need to visit kericho tea estates....the same mess...blacks living in small rooms without any progression education wise...living at mercy of one dude who owns 20,000 acres of land. I had rather any rural part of kenya than that. Yes there is running water,electricity, roads, and order (24-7)..but whose land, whose roads, whose law and order..the white farmer. If anything happen like low tea prices or bad weather..they are dispensable.

It's not genes at all.  Just history.  I just feel Zimbabwe is a lesson right next door.  The only difference being that the South African is more urbanized therefore less equipped to farm and will have nowhere to run when shit hits the fan.

I believe they don't have new industries because the ANC have failed to market themselves to foreign investors instead focusing on unsustainable social programs.  That's my gut feeling.

Focusing on the Boer is the usual blame-the-other habit that has them in the current situation to begin with.  I agree apartheid messed them up pretty good.  The ideal situation would be to compensate them. 

But in some situations, the only way is to move forward.  For the sake of posterity.  There have been worse crimes in history.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2015, 04:59:42 PM »
I think the lesson they can learn from Zim is to do early like Kenya did it. Kenya successfully kicked out about the same number of white farmers in about 1M Hectares of land btw 1960-1970s.

Zim didn't want to do it that way and left white farmers long while Mugabe-Brits kept postponing what flew in the face of anyone as being an evil anomaly..2% (or about 5,000) white farmers owning about 90% of all arable land in an African country? while the poor black without as much as anything to fallback is employed as farm help or cleaner or factory worker in small towns.

In RSA..it seem 40,000 whites own 80% of the land !!!!! That is unacceptable.

When a black south african loses his job as cleaner or factory worker..where does he fallback into? Where is his ushago? To fallback and restart life.

RSA have spent 20yrs now..since independence...and have managed to only transfer 9% of the land....soon enough a Malema will come to power and shit will it the fan.

Boers should transition into industries...while gov should give poorest of south africans free land...or land on loan.

The signs are already out there...violent crime and xenophobia...while growth has grounded to halt....they need to do something like radically divided the land for poor africans without option. A boer can get into a plane and get citizenship in any country in the world..and get really cheap land in America, Europe and Oceania..Canada is empty...what options does a black african has.

If you need to see RSA...you just need to visit kericho tea estates....the same mess...blacks living in small rooms without any progression education wise...living at mercy of one dude who owns 20,000 acres of land. I had rather any rural part of kenya than that. Yes there is running water,electricity, roads, and order (24-7)..but whose land, whose roads, whose law and order..the white farmer. If anything happen like low tea prices or bad weather..they are dispensable.

It's not genes at all.  Just history.  I just feel Zimbabwe is a lesson right next door.  The only difference being that the South African is more urbanized therefore less equipped to farm and will have nowhere to run when shit hits the fan.

I believe they don't have new industries because the ANC have failed to market themselves to foreign investors instead focusing on unsustainable social programs.  That's my gut feeling.

Focusing on the Boer is the usual blame-the-other habit that has them in the current situation to begin with.  I agree apartheid messed them up pretty good.  The ideal situation would be to compensate them. 

But in some situations, the only way is to move forward.  For the sake of posterity.  There have been worse crimes in history.
I honestly don't know what they should do.  It certainly doesn't look good for so few to hold so much.  Yet it is difficult to argue against a certain way things go when the African is fully vested with control.

Ideally, whichever way they go, it should be something the Boers buy into or something that makes RSA grow fast.  Or it's the toilet for SADC.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2015, 05:01:22 PM »

Is this a description of tea estates in Kenya?
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2015, 08:28:27 PM »
Right. I have lived next to it in growing up  and have schooled in one primary school under tea estate...and I don't remember water or electricity ever running short...everything seem to be in order...except when you really examine the african workers..and you soon realize...you had rather live elsewhere except here. This is south africa.When African leaders complain..they are carved a portion of the tea estate and all goes back to being happy.

I can tell you they have to import workers from very far...rwandese and turkanas..and kurias..were reliable due to desperation...otherwise an african with 2-3 acres of land..has no business staying here....as much as developed as it looks.
]

Is this a description of tea estates in Kenya?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2015, 08:37:16 PM »
I think hard decision need to be taken...now..otherwise a Malema will take those decision later. Like apertheid before this isn't sustainable. I'm sure if we were in 80s, you would have said Boer is  good leader or well RSA was great coz of apertheid.

But everyone knew in the long ran, the minority rule by boers was not sustainable...good leaders they were.

The minority ownership of land by boers dubiously (see how they acquired it) is NOT SUSTAINABLE.Like apertheid, it seem foolish to replace world class commercial farmers with illeterate Africans, but it will be done.

The same way USA treatment of black males is not sustainable...is the same way boers ownership of the most basic of factors of production in RSA is not sustainable.

Something got to give....eventually. The blacks in US have drawn the line...against police profilling and jailing them in shocking numbers.

I honestly don't know what they should do.  It certainly doesn't look good for so few to hold so much.  Yet it is difficult to argue against a certain way things go when the African is fully vested with control.

Ideally, whichever way they go, it should be something the Boers buy into or something that makes RSA grow fast.  Or it's the toilet for SADC.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2015, 09:24:06 PM »
I think hard decision need to be taken...now..otherwise a Malema will take those decision later. Like apertheid before this isn't sustainable. I'm sure if we were in 80s, you would have said Boer is  good leader or well RSA was great coz of apertheid.

But everyone knew in the long ran, the minority rule by boers was not sustainable...good leaders they were.

The minority ownership of land by boers dubiously (see how they acquired it) is NOT SUSTAINABLE.Like apertheid, it seem foolish to replace world class commercial farmers with illeterate Africans, but it will be done.

The same way USA treatment of black males is not sustainable...is the same way boers ownership of the most basic of factors of production in RSA is not sustainable.

Something got to give....eventually. The blacks in US have drawn the line...against police profilling and jailing them in shocking numbers.

I was against the Boer during apartheid.  I was opposed to the principle.  It is fair to say that now that the Boer is out of power, the African foreigner is the bogeyman. 

I supported Mugabe's land grabs.  I think they need to approach the land issue responsibly rather than emotionally.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2015, 10:17:53 PM »
The more I think about it, the more I see RSA is not too far from South Sudan; it may be reduced to rubble faster than Nepal's temples under the last week's quake
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Reticent Solipsist

• Superstar
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2015, 10:40:45 AM »
With the clueless Zuma at the helm and the likes of Malema touted as presidential material there is not much hope for Azania.

Frankly speaking, whatever one thinks of the whites and their abhorrent apartheid system they bequeathed the black majority with many valuable assets: a science, technology and engineering base--excellent geologists and geophysicists, world class mining engineers (they are profs at top US mining and engineering schools), SASOL opened the world's first coal liquefaction plant in the 1950s, first-class infrastructure in many cities, a strong military--the special forces under the apartheid SADF were almost on a par with some of the world's best-- a military program that produced nuclear weapons as well as chemical and biological weapons. And so on and so forth. And of the few people on the continent to have ever won the Nobel Prize in the rigorous fields of the Sciences, say, in Medicine, Physics or Chemistry, four of them were white South Africans. The rest of Africa save for Egypt--with one Chemistry Nobel--has never won a Science Nobel.

The onus is on the ANC and the rest of the political class to educate the citizens, and reduce the huge inequalities between white-black and the intra-black inequalities that will continue breeding more resentment and spawning more Malemas.