Author Topic: Let's Pray  (Read 4480 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Let's Pray
« on: April 26, 2015, 09:15:44 AM »
Good morning church,
While I gave all diligence to share with us on the Holy Spirit, I wish to suspend that and let us focus on the frailty of life in the wake of the Nepal Earthquake. Death toll is over 1800

It's not that we don't know about death but the numbers happening in a flash is shocking. And they was totally helpless, unlike the 800 Africans who drowned in the Mediterranean.

I doubt there is nobody here who knows anybody who is affected by the quake. Such distance somewhat may tempt us to be indifferent. We can't possibly force us to mourn for people we don't know I agree and so am not sharing this to push us into mourning. I want us to reflect on the frailty of life.

Scriptures most certainly don't call us to live like the world is ending the next second, that's garbage mindset popular among 'end-time'/apocalyptic cults, the kind that burrow themselves hiding from imminent nuclear cloud.

Let's look at some few scriptures on this subject;
Psalms 90:10,12 (KJV)
10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten;
and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years,
yet is their strength labour and sorrow;
for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

12 So teach us to number our days,
that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

And in the New Testament,
James 4:13-16 (KJV)
Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: 14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. 15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

It don't matter how secure and safe you feel, your life is just but a smoke. Ready or not, your last breath here will be your first in eternity. Not all will be as fortunate as the dying thug to be reconciled with God moments away from his death, and even then, some will be as hard hearted as the other thug who still had the energy to mock the Savior.

Just follow James' pattern of committing your grand plans and future to the Lord and be reconciled to God through Jesus Christ while you still can
2 Corinthians 5:20 (ESV)
20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

Remain blessed and rapturable this Lord's Day as we praise the Lion of the Tribe of Judah(Rev 5:5) even as we remember to pray for Nepal

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
Re: Let's Pray
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 09:42:43 PM »
Pastor, I get the impression you are implying that somehow the 900-1000 (exact figure isn't known for sure, could be more) Africans who drowned at the Mediterranean sea were at fault, just because they were pursuing 'greener pastures.' All of them are tragedies regardless, no one sets out on a journey knowing that it will be the last time they see the daylight........and that its happening to the poorest of the poorest and in such a short period of time, leaves me wondering what the hell........... Why so much death and suffering......Has the world just lost its mind.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Let's Pray
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 10:44:52 PM »
The death toll has climbed to over 2,400. What I meant is the negroes' deaths was somewhat AVOIDABLE;it's illegal in the first place, then the boats are ever overcrowded and so forth. This is what minimized the shock factor. The earthquake is another thing all together

Pastor, I get the impression you are implying that somehow the 900-1000 (exact figure isn't known for sure, could be more) Africans who drowned at the Mediterranean sea were at fault, just because they were pursuing 'greener pastures.' All of them are tragedies regardless, no one sets out on a journey knowing that it will be the last time they see the daylight........and that its happening to the poorest of the poorest and in such a short period of time, leaves me wondering what the hell........... Why so much death and suffering......Has the world just lost its mind.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.