Author Topic: Uhuru broke the law and should be impeached  (Read 12909 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Uhuru broke the law and should be impeached
« on: September 09, 2014, 10:51:14 AM »
Where are the new orengos in CORD to make a career.

The destruction of the ship, she added, was illegal, according to section 78 of the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Control Act.
Read more at: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000134299/court-faults-state-s-decision-to-destroy-sh1b-drugs-ship

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar
Re: Uhuru broke the law and should be impeached
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 11:34:24 AM »
He did the right thing to destroy the ship. Ili iwe funzo kwa akina Joho.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 11:43:39 AM »
kamwana was in hurry to destroy the ship.  I believe it had nothing to do with teaching anyone a lesson. 

The way to teach these drug lords a lesson is to lock them up.

It's a pipe dream though.  To expect Kenyan politicians to do the right thing.  Impunity is back.  It never really went anywhere in the first place.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 12:58:25 PM »
How will it be a lesson when GoK will be compensating the owners for that ship and its cargo in full?

Plus most likely Karangi already cut a deal with the drug barons to collect their loot in exchange for cash. The "samples" taken to be tested will either be exchanged with enriched unga, cement or some harmless thing or the evidence will be thrown out on the grounds that the procedure was so violated it is impossible to rule out cross tampering. You do not take "samples" from packages. You take the entire package as is and the labs do their job: Photographing, opening, weighing, separating, and describing the entire process in detail. Once you say the policemen "took samples" that is the end of it.

A non qualified person can not purport to "take a sample".
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 01:54:43 PM »
Impeached by who?
Very few pigs are patriotic. Show them the money and they will run to you praising your name like crazy. The whole system is doomed, doomed, doomed. We are lucky we can even get left overs.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 01:57:16 PM »
didn't he break the law when he paid anglo leasing without pigs approval?
I believe he did the same thing by using the army in Lamu without pigs approval...
The checks and balances are non-exixtent.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 02:33:12 PM »
Pundit

Hebu do the math. If URP voted for impeachment and secured CORD backing. How many votes will fall short? I don't have the figures with me.

Of course the best tactic is to have a non URP member start it and then URP MPs can shock by voting for impeachment. I think it is easy. The hurdle is in the senate. Do you think senators can resist heavy bribing? If Supreme Court judges shook and nearly lost consciousness for less how can politicians be expected to stand firm? Bribes would be in the region of 2 b per senator - in cash.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 02:41:02 PM »
Impeachment won't succeed but as point of law and as precedent every-time Uhuru breaks the law; he need to be impeached; i mean the process has to be started and allowed to fail at any stage.

This to me is about the rule of law. High court judge has clearly said Uhuru broke the law...that i think meet the threshold to begin the process of impeaching Uhuru..as per the constitution.

It most likely in vain but it's drive the point home.

Pundit

Hebu do the math. If URP voted for impeachment and secured CORD backing. How many votes will fall short? I don't have the figures with me.

Of course the best tactic is to have a non URP member start it and then URP MPs can shock by voting for impeachment. I think it is easy. The hurdle is in the senate. Do you think senators can resist heavy bribing? If Supreme Court judges shook and nearly lost consciousness for less how can politicians be expected to stand firm? Bribes would be in the region of 2 b per senator - in cash.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 02:44:27 PM »
Opposition need to wake up and impeach him everytime he breaks the law. Even if it fails in signature stage..but at least issue a notice of impeachment. That way the screwball might start thinking twice before breaking the law like he has now made it a habit.
didn't he break the law when he paid anglo leasing without pigs approval?
I believe he did the same thing by using the army in Lamu without pigs approval...
The checks and balances are non-exixtent.

Offline Dimaga

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 03:01:59 PM »

Why has nobody gone to court each time Uhuru breaks the law ?
one would expect people to rush to court even fully knowing the process will go nowhere
but just to get their names on the headlines and possibly kick off a political carer.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 03:27:50 PM »
Judiciary can do nothing except in this case release the suspects for lack of evidence after the evidence were quickly destroyed. In terms of seperation of power..only impeachment is the option..when pork breaks the law. Uhuru i think has serious disdain for Githu Mungai or Githu Mungai is just incompetent otherwise he is breaking the law right,left and center.

Why has nobody gone to court each time Uhuru breaks the law ?
one would expect people to rush to court even fully knowing the process will go nowhere
but just to get their names on the headlines and possibly kick off a political carer.

Offline Dimaga

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 03:30:51 PM »
Judiciary can do nothing except in this case release the suspects for lack of evidence after the evidence were quickly destroyed. In terms of seperation of power..only impeachment is the option..when pork breaks the law. Uhuru i think has serious disdain for Githu Mungai or Githu Mungai is just incompetent otherwise he is breaking the law right,left and center.

Githu Muigai's roll is to cover him while he breaks the law R L C

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 03:38:13 PM »
Inorder to impeach the president,you start from national assembly and motion must be supported by 2/3 failure of which it won't get to the senate..now getting 2/3 in the NA is impossible,keep barking toothless dogs,

Without Prejudice.

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2014, 03:41:00 PM »
President is immune from legal proceedings either criminal or civil except under the Rome statute,in short he is above the law which means he broke no law by destroying that ship,

Without Prejudice.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2014, 03:47:51 PM »
You'll not pass your law exams if you cannot understand basic concepts. Uhuru cannot be arrested and charged for breaking the law..but he is not above the law. Parliament can impeach him. Obviously he won't be impeached succesfully but the process can be started. And the process is simple...an MP can issue a notice to impeach Uhuru...that will not get anywhere..but it will shine the light on Uhuru.

Uhuru is NOT above the law. Nobody is.

President is immune from legal proceedings either criminal or civil except under the Rome statute,in short he is above the law which means he broke no law by destroying that ship,

Without Prejudice.

Offline Dimaga

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 03:59:09 PM »
You'll not pass your law exams if you cannot understand basic concepts. Uhuru cannot be arrested and charged for breaking the law..but he is not above the law. Parliament can impeach him. Obviously he won't be impeached succesfully but the process can be started. And the process is simple...an MP can issue a notice to impeach Uhuru...that will not get anywhere..but it will shine the light on Uhuru.

Uhuru is NOT above the law. Nobody is.

Stop being silly Mr Mavoko

We all know very well there are many people above the law in Kenya
How do you explain the existence of hordes of criminals in parliament and senate ?

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 04:00:45 PM »
You are being theoretical,if parliament can't impeach uhuru,if you can't sue him hata icc imeshindwa,in practice that makes him above the law...its like you are given bill of rights under the katiba and police are just doing EJK on the other side,some laws are useless,

Without Prejudice.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 04:02:10 PM »
Dimaga
Only Parliament can impeach.
As to criminals in parliament blame the people for being morons and electing criminals. Wheres Shikuku?

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 04:02:30 PM »
Unless Amani, Eagle and the unaffiliated join, it's impossible. You need a significant rebellion in TNA or about 40 stay out. Impossible for ethnic robotic sheep and voting machines.

Removal of President by impeachment.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 04:03:32 PM »
Pundit,
Rule of law kitu gani??
No wonder crime is rampant.
Most Mpigs are themselves criminals