Author Topic: 7.8 magnitude quake slams Nepal  (Read 3158 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
7.8 magnitude quake slams Nepal
« on: April 25, 2015, 08:16:00 PM »
1,457 gone and counting.
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/25/asia/nepal-earthquake-7-5-magnitude/index.html
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: 7.8 magnitude quake slams Nepal
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 07:32:42 AM »
Tornado in Sydney and Baltimore. Floods in Sydney. Earthquake in Nepal. What is going on ?

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/25/asia/nepal-earthquake-7-5-magnitude/index.html

Offline louvre

Death toll 3326 Nepal Earthquake
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 08:56:25 AM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-32475030

Nepal earthquake: Death toll rises above 3,000
4 minutes ago
 From the section Asia
Media caption
Footage showed the moment an avalanche hurtled down Mount Everest
Nepal quake

In pictures: Nepal earthquake aftermath
Everest survivors describe ordeal
Fears for Nepal's 'invisible' Tibetan refugees
Nepal quake 'followed historic pattern'
At least 3,326 people are now known to have died in a massive earthquake which hit Nepal on Saturday, say officials.
More than 6,500 people have been injured, according to the National Emergency Operation Centre.
Dozens of people are also reported to have been killed in neighbouring China and India.
Thousands have spent a second night outside after the 7.8-magnitude quake, which also triggered deadly avalanches on Mount Everest.
Vast tent cities have sprung up in Nepal's capital, Kathmandu, for those displaced or afraid to return to their homes as strong aftershocks continue.
"We don't have a choice, our house is shaky. The rain is seeping in but what can we do?" 34-year-old shopkeeper Rabi Shrestha, who was sleeping by the roadside with his family, told AFP news agency.
Rescue missions and aid have started arriving to help cope with the aftermath of the earthquake, the worst to hit Nepal for more than 80 years.
The weather cleared on Monday morning and helicopters are heading out to the Mount Everest base camp to try to bring down 210 stranded climbers.
The roads to the earthquake's epicentre, northwest of the capital, have also been cleared and rescue teams are on their way.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 09:13:52 AM »
The elements have revolted against man it seems
3,200 and counting
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 10:03:02 AM »
And right on cue,
Owuor had 'prophesied' about it!

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 11:48:33 AM »
If Owuor or TB Josh are born 2 millennia ago.  Today they would be God the father, son, Holy Spirit, uncle and Moses rolled into one.

Evangelists would run into the billions.

Internet era is a demanding space to operate in. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 12:29:41 PM »
Here is the original earthquake 'prophecy'

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 12:33:49 PM »
and we still have Holocaust and HIV denialism
If Owuor or TB Josh are born 2 millennia ago.  Today they would be God the father, son, Holy Spirit, uncle and Moses rolled into one.

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 12:43:13 PM »
and we still have Holocaust and HIV denialism

A diversity of ideas and views.  One is called upon to actually think about what they believe.

A shabby environment.  For a prophet.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 12:47:52 PM »
Must be poor dieting and toxic ARVs killing them, hell it could be the tropical sun or Negro air...I like that 'diversity'

That's a deadly 'diversity', killing deniers like flies
A diversity of ideas and views.  One is called upon to actually think about what they believe.

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 12:53:33 PM »
Must be poor dieting and toxic ARVs killing them, hell it could be the tropical sun or Negro air...I like that 'diversity'

That's a deadly 'diversity', killing deniers like flies

No.  Yahweh is striking them down for questioning authority.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 02:14:59 PM »
The elements have revolted against man it seems
3,200 and counting
Africa never gets these revolts, thank God. We have H.I.V and the occasional genocide but no (real) earthquake. Or Tsunamis, or tornados or weird forest fires, or floods for that matter. Budalangi doesn't count in terms of magnitude/scale.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 02:20:32 PM »
Here is the original earthquake 'prophecy'

What's the point/message in the prophecy? I don't recall God predicting stuff just because, so what I'm asking is whether Prophet Owuor generally has a message with the prophecy, like a warning or proof of something?
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 02:33:50 PM »
What's the point/message in the prophecy? I don't recall God predicting stuff just because, so what I'm asking is whether Prophet Owuor generally has a message with the prophecy, like a warning or proof of something?

Am not sure but he appears to suggest that the quake is a sign of Jesus' imminent return. Note he goes on to bash Naija prophets for collecting cash from fools (unlike him...what do you call that, reverse psychology?).

There are some conditional prophecies and the condition is usually repentance like Jonah. But this one was unconditional, it was a must-happen thing. The repentance message may not be BS but he quickly moves to claim 'fulfilment' and that's my mbeef. Because it was clear from the original that the mountain has roads up to the top plus heavy mining. That's no Everest; that's Owuor making a name for himself