Author Topic: George Kegoro Has Excoriated The Supreme Court  (Read 11206 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: George Kegoro Has Excoriated The Supreme Court
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 07:20:02 PM »
The charge is ridiculous. Somebody would have to rig both the manual process and electronic one[provisional]. If some script was appending votes to Uhuru..how about the polling stations forms...how would they sync that. Raila in his petition really went down for little polling stations with little discrepancies...which were cleanly explained by IEBC.

It's hard to believe it was not a result of a special effort to fail.  The data in question is not a lot.  Even with default settings, on very humble hardware, things don't fail that easily.

Once it fails, and I believe it fails, it does not play any further role in the outcome.  But it opens the door for old tried and tested processes to come into play. 

If ODM were serious, they should have walked out of the election before the outcome was clear.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 07:23:47 PM »
One of us is not understood it or expressed it well. Let me try :

The TV was displaying results as they came it. Often after the so called "Commissioners" had read the results. Upon being fed in to the display on our TV sets, there would be some change. It was invariable. Both would jump up - Raila who got more votes in the latest tally and Uhuru who got much less. However whenever Uhuru got more votes, he would jump but Raila would remain right where he was. The percentages changed but the margin remained the same.

What do you mean static.You only need a random sample of 2,000 people to determine the election in a scientific poll. Significant number of polling station randomly reported before the crash...and it reflected the final tally.

Before the crash I think 1/3 or more of polling stations had reported...randomly from diferent polling station..that ought to have reflected the final tally and it did.

It something else if you have aggregated reporting say at constituency..where someone strongholds..could come in late like 2007 kibaki rigging.

I have never believed that this server crashing was a mistake.

Now that we are on it could you explain why the difference between Uhuru and Raila remained static despite varying results input? Any votes awarded to Raila immediately triggered a rise in Uhuru's votes that were from nowhere.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2015, 07:31:29 PM »
It is hard to say that Raila went to the polling stations when the iEBC refused to hand over the Form 34. The IEBC claimed the forms went missing.
http://www.the-star.co.ke/article/forms-34-missing-iebc-website#sthash.NIGfUEKb.dpuf

The charge is ridiculous. Somebody would have to rig both the manual process and electronic one[provisional]. If some script was appending votes to Uhuru..how about the polling stations forms...how would they sync that. Raila in his petition really went down for little polling stations with little discrepancies...which were cleanly explained by IEBC.

It's hard to believe it was not a result of a special effort to fail.  The data in question is not a lot.  Even with default settings, on very humble hardware, things don't fail that easily.

Once it fails, and I believe it fails, it does not play any further role in the outcome.  But it opens the door for old tried and tested processes to come into play. 

If ODM were serious, they should have walked out of the election before the outcome was clear.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2015, 07:34:27 PM »
I think they explained it well. They were missing online..as not scanned..otherwise Raila, IEBC and every party had their copy. 2007 was rigging and ODM could tell us the possible station..even ECK themselves had to admit to that. I

n this..there was nothing..just shooting in the dark..and trying to find an error here and there  to invalidate the whole results..which the supreme court unanimously rejected..because no process including scanning is without error.

ODM went to desperate length they even pointed out errors that favoured Raila. For them...the election had to be 100% perfect...even if some polling station screwed up innocently...then we would have to hold election and election and election. If there were errors..and there must have been..they were fair and free errors..some 2 votes for Uhuru..some mathematical mistake in favour of Raila.

The supreme judges clearly saw through the BS and unanimously dismissed the case. I think they were a little fair  to Raila not to award cost to him...

I remain the last person to cast unjustified aspersion on those six judges.

It is hard to say that Raila went to the polling stations when the iEBC refused to hand over the Form 34. The IEBC claimed the forms went missing.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2015, 07:42:19 PM »

I agree that one would have to rig both electronic and manual to have them sync.  The transmitted data and the actual ballots.

But that is only IF the electronic transmission was reliable.  As far as I can tell, and I think you agree, the transmission was stopped at some point.  Due to logging space or whatever other reason.

The requirement that they be sync therefore becomes moot, because the processes were back to the old manual ones.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2015, 07:45:46 PM »
Right. But I think provisional results [that went thro'] were used and are still available for comparison with old manual ones.If I recall IEBC did do the comparison. There is no where ODM has pointed out evidence of this strange notion that % of Uhuru and Raila were growing constantly.
The requirement that they be sync therefore becomes moot, because the processes were back to the old manual ones.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2015, 07:48:57 PM »
No. They used Form 36 not 34. If they had tried using 34 we would still be waiting for the results. Form 36 cover an "area" which may contain several polling stations.
Right. But I think provisional results [that went thro'] were used and are still available for comparison with old manual ones.If I recall IEBC did do the comparison. There is no where ODM has pointed out evidence of this strange notion that % of Uhuru and Raila were growing constantly.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2015, 07:52:35 PM »
Nationally yes. But during petition ODM used polling station data. It was clean shot if they had evidence.They didn't. In the end they resorted to collecting one error in West Pokot, one error in Kisumu, one error in Kiambu and name it. There was no motive,no scheme, no direction,just errors or discrepancies. They just couldn't proof anything that IEBC lawyers couldn't easily destroy.

The fact that six of those supreme judges unanimously agreed with IEBC...tells you Raila lost and lost fairly.

He can choose to learn from the mistakes...or pass the buck to IEBC and supreme court.

No. They used Form 36 not 34. If they had tried using 34 we would still be waiting for the results.

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2015, 07:54:02 PM »
I don't know of anything suspicious about the transmission that went through.  It's been a while.  But think there was a constant gap or something like that; I think most transmission was coming from one candidate's stronghold. 

Still it's hard to say if that was intentional or not without digging further.  Ultimately it wouldn't have been difficult to spot with the relevant forms from the polling stations.

The beef from my perspective is the breakdown of the system itself.  What it made possible(even if it may not have happened).  ODM should have pulled out then instead of hoping things would fall their way.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2015, 07:54:52 PM »
The information entered in Form 36 was supposed to come from Form 34. However most were changed and did not agree with results announced at the polling stations.

The SC agreed that this happened but then claimed that the violations had not been on a scale to tip the balance. That was easy to say after the affidavit containing the evidence to show that the amount could have tipped the balance had been rejected.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2015, 07:57:34 PM »
A significant number did report. I think nearly half of 30,000. They were random. IEBC really had no window to debug or correct systems errors. By the second day...ODM demanded the system be shut down because of the "constant" thing. They distrusted the systems given their were loosing..and choose the manual way...hoping for a fresh clean slate. When IEBC began tallying...manually..I think the constant thing was still there. Then it became the race to stop Uhuru from getting 50%. And they reasoned all they needed was to show that Uhuru's razor thing 0.007% was invalid due to small errors here and there. And that was huge blunder. They missed the big picture.
I don't know of anything suspicious about the transmission that went through.  It's been a while.  But think there was a constant gap or something like that; I think most transmission was coming from one candidate's stronghold. 

Still it's hard to say if that was intentional or not without digging further.  Ultimately it wouldn't have been difficult to spot with the relevant forms from the polling stations.

The beef from my perspective is the breakdown of the system itself.  What it made possible(even if it may not have happened).  ODM should have pulled out then instead of hoping things would fall their way.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2015, 08:01:33 PM »
I am surprised at you Pundit. You are using the language of the Mullah. You know that is not what happened.

The work of an advocate is to establish a trend. Hitherto that is how election petitions had been conducted. It was never about bringing out every violation when a sample had been given.

However some young lawyers in the group got wind of something early enough and decided to speed up the affidavit which contained more details. It had been customary to submit additional evidence and affidavits as long as the hearing was going on. The SC did not object immediately but went on read the affidavit and then came back to reject it! You can decide for yourself what to think.

One of the judges has since stated that had that affidavit been admitted, the ruling could not have been the same.
Nationally yes. But during petition ODM used polling station data. It was clean shot if they had evidence.They didn't. In the end they resorted to collecting one error in West Pokot, one error in Kisumu, one error in Kiambu and name it. There was no motive,no scheme, no direction,just errors or discrepancies. They just couldn't proof anything that IEBC lawyers couldn't easily destroy.

The fact that six of those supreme judges unanimously agreed with IEBC...tells you Raila lost and lost fairly.

He can choose to learn from the mistakes...or pass the buck to IEBC and supreme court.

No. They used Form 36 not 34. If they had tried using 34 we would still be waiting for the results.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2015, 08:04:32 PM »
I note that they made a unanimous decision. When Scalia made his ruling in favor of Bush, how many found it faultless? Any ruling based on technicalities in a jurisprudence that had long established the link between unfairness and technicalities is likely to raise eyebrows. It is the reason many people wonder exactly what happened.

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2015, 08:04:56 PM »
A significant number did report. I think nearly half of 30,000. They were random. IEBC really had no window to debug or correct systems errors. By the second day...ODM demanded the system be shut down because of the "constant" thing. They distrusted the systems given their were loosing..and choose the manual way...hoping for a fresh clean slate. When IEBC began tallying...manually..I think the constant thing was still there. Then it became the race to stop Uhuru from getting 50%. And they reasoned all they needed was to show that Uhuru's razor thing 0.007% was invalid due to small errors here and there. And that was huge blunder. They missed the big picture.

It's been a while for me to recall details.  But I thought we agreed the transmission crashed because of a log(or some other reason unrelated to ODM). 

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2015, 08:08:49 PM »

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2015, 08:09:12 PM »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2015, 09:32:27 AM »
There has never been any credible evidence of rigging in 2013 that I have seen.When you have any evidence of votes being transferred, please share the specifics.

The supreme court (of some of eminent judges) unanimously validated election. The election monitors similarly gave it thumbs up. ODM and CORD simply got their tribal maths wrong and were bound to lose.

As far as I'm concerned the only hitch in 2013 was the failure of BVR and ERT to work.....across the board.

Raila had a say in IEBC and Supreme Court selection...and including purchasing of BVR kits from Canada..and ran as incumbent PM with 20 ministers of his own.

In short Raila lost fair and square.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2015, 11:47:45 AM »
Supreme Court is where conspiracy theories fell flat. I think insisting on a stolen-elections narrative is therapeutic for some

There has never been any credible evidence of rigging in 2013 that I have seen.When you have any evidence of votes being transferred, please share the specifics.

The supreme court (of some of eminent judges) unanimously validated election. The election monitors similarly gave it thumbs up. ODM and CORD simply got their tribal maths wrong and were bound to lose.

As far as I'm concerned the only hitch in 2013 was the failure of BVR and ERT to work.....across the board.

Raila had a say in IEBC and Supreme Court selection...and including purchasing of BVR kits from Canada..and ran as incumbent PM with 20 ministers of his own.

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2015, 01:46:11 PM »
Pundit

we can't hold a trial here. All I can refer to is information that is in the public domain and you too can go the extra mile to look in to it and not simply dismiss it all as "therapeutic" (vooke, 2015). I have never believed you can be a victim of propaganda even if it comes from friendly sources.

1. I have not said that votes were transferred. What was established and documented was the transfer of voters. Say an area in Embu has 3500 voters in the register given to parties by the IEBC. As the counting and results are announced Uhuru has got 4000 votes in that area and the IEBC says the total number of voters is 4500. Thus the new figure is well within the margins. The overall nationwide voter numbers have not changed either. So where did the extra voters come from? Further examination of the "internal" totals of the register then revealed that small numbers of voters in CORD areas had been moved to Jubilee areas to mask the inflation of votes for Uhuru. So an area say Likuyani in Western, with 5600 registered voters would now announced results showing the registered voters had sunk to 3600 meaning 2000 voters had been moved.
2. In some cases it led to people not being able to vote as their names were found in far off places.
3. In other cases the people who transferred the votes also recorded them as having already voted.
4. Actually the said kits assisted in the rigging in many ways including denying many people the right to vote by indicating that they had already voted.

My take is that we can cry and weep over the 2007 and 2013 elections to no avail. The rigging was advanced and the opposition was simply not prepared to deal with it. The solution is to plug the holes. If that fails then a clear policy of balanced terror should be spelled out. In other words CORD should make it clear that it will only accept a fair poll. If not we shall all go to the brink and turn the country in to an African Yemen. We know the plans for a military takeover in event of PEV and that too has to be taken in to the calculations.

Uhuru is fast recruiting a militia on the same scale as Moi did from 1992. He is training people in GSU, AP, NYS off the books. We are looking to find an answer that is equally appropriate

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2015, 11:03:46 AM »
Sound interesting. I personally witnessed the guy in my voting line who was told his polling station was in Lamu (there were many such cases) but most were resolved by using the black book. The lamu guy was kikuyu and he was protesting he had to vote...then I found many others as I entered the tent...they mostly voted..some having to write an affidavit . I kept being pushed from line a to z because they couldn't determine surnames...eventually I voted.

As regard to 2017...yea I sense Raila and CORD will be desperate...but I think Uhuru is such a consummate political operator (compared to Kibaki)...you guys simply stand no chance.
Pundit

we can't hold a trial here. All I can refer to is information that is in the public domain and you too can go the extra mile to look in to it and not simply dismiss it all as "therapeutic" (vooke, 2015). I have never believed you can be a victim of propaganda even if it comes from friendly sources.

1. I have not said that votes were transferred. What was established and documented was the transfer of voters. Say an area in Embu has 3500 voters in the register given to parties by the IEBC. As the counting and results are announced Uhuru has got 4000 votes in that area and the IEBC says the total number of voters is 4500. Thus the new figure is well within the margins. The overall nationwide voter numbers have not changed either. So where did the extra voters come from? Further examination of the "internal" totals of the register then revealed that small numbers of voters in CORD areas had been moved to Jubilee areas to mask the inflation of votes for Uhuru. So an area say Likuyani in Western, with 5600 registered voters would now announced results showing the registered voters had sunk to 3600 meaning 2000 voters had been moved.
2. In some cases it led to people not being able to vote as their names were found in far off places.
3. In other cases the people who transferred the votes also recorded them as having already voted.
4. Actually the said kits assisted in the rigging in many ways including denying many people the right to vote by indicating that they had already voted.

My take is that we can cry and weep over the 2007 and 2013 elections to no avail. The rigging was advanced and the opposition was simply not prepared to deal with it. The solution is to plug the holes. If that fails then a clear policy of balanced terror should be spelled out. In other words CORD should make it clear that it will only accept a fair poll. If not we shall all go to the brink and turn the country in to an African Yemen. We know the plans for a military takeover in event of PEV and that too has to be taken in to the calculations.

Uhuru is fast recruiting a militia on the same scale as Moi did from 1992. He is training people in GSU, AP, NYS off the books. We are looking to find an answer that is equally appropriate