Author Topic: Xenophobia in SA  (Read 12187 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Xenophobia in SA
« on: April 15, 2015, 08:40:16 PM »
It's mind boggling.  If a Garissa-type of attack happens there, they will wipe out Somalis in that country.

Can the AU do something about it?  The country appears to be rudderless on the issue. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Re: Xenophobia in SA
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 08:53:42 PM »
It's actually amazing given that the people suffered so long under a racist system. 

The notion that the AU (Africans for Uselessness) can do anything suggests that you hit the bottle early today?    :D
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 08:58:15 PM »
It's actually amazing given that the people suffered so long under a racist system. 

The notion that the AU (Africans for Uselessness) can do anything suggests that you hit the bottle early today?    :D
Hehehe...you are right.  It might have to come down to individuals in African countries boycotting South African products.

This is a special type of crime.  The perpetrator knows he will get away because the black foreigner's life in South Africa is close to worthless.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 09:07:38 PM »
An Ethiopian attacked in broad daylight, Joburg CBD.  If it wasn't for the bravery of some Naijas who fought off the attacker, he would be history and the attackers might get a slap on the wrist.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 10:01:55 PM »
Mozambique, Zambia, Angola and Lesotho suffered untold hardships trying to help the South Africans gain freedom. When it became unsafe to be in these frontline countries, Tanzania opened her borders as did Mengistu.

There is no gratitude.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 07:54:15 AM »
An article I once read by Philip Ochieng centered on Balotelli's racist incidence where they pelted the Negro with bananas. He wondered how past victims of racism was the most racist; darker Caucasians- Jews, Italians, Spaniards......
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 11:15:36 AM »
This is very sad indeed. Black South Africans are looking for scapegoats after the black rule of 20 yrs now didn't yield much.

The long term solution lies in finding opportunities for the many black native South Africans without the education or the drive to suceed in uorban Areas..getting these lazy bums to farms..that are illegally owned by White south Africans.Or well create job opportunities through heavy manufacturing.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 11:44:00 AM »
Sad thing is those Black South Africans are economically better off than most other people in African countries. The main problem here is Black South Africans are very ignorant about "Africa" as they call the rest of Africa. Actually apartheid in RSA still reigns only this time a few Blacks have joined the White elite in the gravy train.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 12:01:49 PM »
It is also understandable. South African is one of few African middle class economy country that attracts hordes of illegal immigrants. Naturally those immigrants will be bottom feeders displacing many poor south africans from their jobs or even lowering the wages..

It easy to codemn these people as ungrateful but surely can the south africa be ever thankfully?? while their poor are getting a bad deal.

There is no quick fix. The gov of RSA has to do the job that these protesters are doing. Deport ALL ILLEGAL immigrants. Enforce border controls. Establish a huge Daadab like camps to hold economic refugees in there.

The rest of Africa should stop running away from their countries..and start fixing them.

Sad thing is those Black South Africans are economically better off than most other people in African countries. The main problem here is Black South Africans are very ignorant about "Africa" as they call the rest of Africa. Actually apartheid in RSA still reigns only this time a few Blacks have joined the White elite in the gravy train.

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 05:03:53 PM »
To me.  It's not so much a question of aliens as scapegoats.  Here is a population group that for generations had apartheid to scapegoat. 

That's not to defend apartheid.  But it was undeniably easy to scapegoat. 

One day they wake up.  It is gone.  They have honed one skill; scapegoating.  Who do they blame?

I think that is why you don't see the same behavior from Botswanans, who also host large foreign African populations.

The solution would be to obviously find work for these people. 

South Africa should have been competing with China for manufacturing jobs from the West. 

I think they haven't because their "cheap" labor is too costly; not to mention demanding. 

Either way, the leaders are doing next to nothing outside of lip service, to put an end to this problem.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 02:59:04 PM »
The inciter has been left untouched:

If I were an African Presdent I would announce that he is persona non grata in my country and place him on a no fly list. If all Africa did it, he would have no place to hide his looted millions.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 03:04:27 PM »

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 03:48:25 AM »
"The most worrying thing is that all of this in happened South Africa amidst the quasi-indifference from the authorities. It took a dozen days of deadly violence in Durban for the president to be roused to action." - Burkina Faso's L'Observateur
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 10:53:48 AM »
Its incitement,let no one blame poverty/inequality,

Without Prejudice.

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 09:01:38 PM »
"The most worrying thing is that all of this in happened South Africa amidst the quasi-indifference from the authorities. It took a dozen days of deadly violence in Durban for the president to be roused to action." - Burkina Faso's L'Observateur
The fact that they are only attacking black Africans gives me the impression that they feel any other foreigners are okay exploiting them.  Just not other Africans. 

This is a direct legacy of apartheid.  They have internalized the "worthlessness" of the life of a fellow black African. 

The AU would have had an awesome platform to pontificate against them, if the rest of the African governments respected the rights of the people in their own territories.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 02:42:04 PM »
Apparently there are municipal elections around the corner and Zwellitini controls quite a number of votes. So he is untouchable for now. Yet the only person who can take him on without repercussions is fellow Zulu - Zuma. He has got cold feet.

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 12:47:42 AM »
Nobody , No institution , not even Jacob Zuma can touch or even publicly condemn  Zulu King. Jacob Zuma bows down before him. 
Like Pundit said- South Africa govt should get its act right by controlling immigration . Deport all illegal immigrants and low skilled workers . Have strict border controls. South African voters shoild make uncontrolled immigration the key point in next general election. There is this attitude of entitlement to live and work in S Africa from other African immigrants  which i find sickening.

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 12:49:12 AM »
I strongly condemn the violence.

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 04:28:04 PM »
Emmanuel Sithole.  He looks like any random South African.  He is Mozambican.

He is attacked.  First by a man with a wrench.  Then another one with a knife.  People otherwise unmoved to lift a finger.  By the filth on the street.

The doctor at the nearest hospital is not there to treat him.  He(the doctor) is a foreigner.  Scared for his life.

http://newsafrica.co.uk/the-brutal-murder-of-emmanuel-sithole/

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2015, 05:54:44 PM »
RSA has to really deal with Xenophobia (symptom) of the wide divide btw rich (mostly whites) and poor blacks.