Author Topic: Panic Has Entered Kenya; God Help Us  (Read 14775 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Panic Has Entered Kenya; God Help Us
« on: April 12, 2015, 04:07:17 PM »
My father once told me how Kenyatta herded people from Nyanza and Western to demonstrate against Amin who was claiming a large part of Kenya from Busia to Naivasha. Speeches were made daring Amin to try and he will be taught why a hen does not piss!

Those day I hear there was this monopoly of KCC and so there were these tetra packs everywhere. So some kid who had accompanied his father and had been bought some milk found himself with an empty tetra pack. He pumped it full of air and placing it on the ground lifted his foot and hit it. It burst out loudly. Everyone heard it because the PC was speaking and those days a PC was the closest thing you got to see of the Great Jomo Kenyatta.

The stampede that followed left a few dead and many injured. What is more a convoy of cars would start fleeing from Western and unleashing stampedes in Kericho, Eldoret, Nakuru etc

One student died Sunday morning following a stampede at the University of Nairobi's Kikuyu Campus.

The stampede was as a result of the explosion of a power transformer which caused a terror scare among the students who were in their hostels.

Several others were injured and rushed to Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) and other city hospitals.

Confirming the death of the student, the university's Vice Chancellor Prof Peter Mbithi said 99 students were being treated at KNH.

He said 141 others were being treated at various city hospitals.

The body of the dead student was taken to Chiromo Mortuary.

The 4am incident caused confusion and panic as many students mistook the explosion for a terrorist attack.

This forced students to scamper for safety with many jumping from as high as the sixth floor of their hostels.

Many sustained serious injuries and were rushed to hospital.

Initial reports indicated that several of them were critically injured.

The stampede was caused by fears among students that the loud noise from the explosion of the transformer could have been an attack by Al-Shabaab terrorists.

This comes two weeks after 148 people died at the Garissa University College following an attack by the Somalia-based terrorist group.

Reacting to the news, Narc-Kenya leader Martha Karua wished the injured students quick recovery, saying their reaction was understandable due to prevailing circumstances.

"So sad but understandable in these unpredictable times. (I) Wish them quick recovery," Ms Karua tweeted
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Panic Has Entered Kenya; God Help Us
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 06:58:27 PM »
I can see where they are coming from.  I could see myself at the head of such a stampede back in the day.  Running for dear life.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 09:03:29 PM »
This is both funny and dead serious.
The coincidence; place, time all too crazy
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 05:41:29 AM »
This is both funny and dead serious.
The coincidence; place, time all too crazy
Indeed. I felt like laughing but then quickly reminded myself how serious this all is. I would certainly jump out the window if I thought Al-Shabaab was in the vicinity, no question.

Our poor university kids; First the food poisoning in Strathmore like 2 weeks ago with 150 affected; Then the horrid Garissa event; Now this with 100s of kids in hospital. They must feel very vulnerable.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 11:02:49 AM »
Commendable Job by those kids. Now we need Gov to go around teaching people how to respond to terror attacks. Terror drills. People need to be taught to at very least fight back if they are sure it's a terror attack. Either way you're dead if you do not respond quickly.

The first thing is to ran and ran and ran for dear life. Recce will arrive 8hrs later if you wait for rescue. The police car will be ferrying sand to build the senior cops his hse while the plane will be doing personal biashara.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 05:46:56 AM »
Commendable Job by those kids. Now we need Gov to go around teaching people how to respond to terror attacks. Terror drills. People need to be taught to at very least fight back if they are sure it's a terror attack. Either way you're dead if you do not respond quickly.

The first thing is to ran and ran and ran for dear life. Recce will arrive 8hrs later if you wait for rescue. The police car will be ferrying sand to build the senior cops his hse while the plane will be doing personal biashara.

"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 04:45:16 PM »
Terrorists use something they know true Christians cannot employ - deceit and violence. In the past, 'Christians' have employed violence to persecute true believers (see my signature). The greatest proof of the divine hand in true Christianity is in the manner in which true Christians have restrained themselves from employing violence and deceit to counter the religious terrorists. Just like Christ could not use deceit and Bible misinterpretation to counter Satan, today's true Christians must guard against using violence to counter religious terrorism. If violence were to be employed, minority Christian groups like JWs, Sabbatarians and anti-trinitarians would be subjected to what the Roman church did to martyrs in the dark ages. And there lies the danger of church uniting with state. At first it will be in the guise of fighting terrorism and soon after Christians will fight other Christians over the things they cannot agree on.

Matthew 4
3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

2 Timothy 3:12
Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 05:04:26 PM »

The erratic handling of Garissa is going to be par for the course.  If they don't think there was a problem with the response they are not going to change what they consider appropriate.  kamwana and groupies know only one mode of operation; digging in.

The response to Garissa has been:

1. Condemnation.
2. Chest thumping.  Ratcheting up of jingoism.  By people who will likely take off at the sound of a firecracker.
3. Ground breaking for the great wall of Somalia.

Just as with Westgate, it has not been and will not be:

1. A sober attempt to address the slow and disorganized responses.
2. A rethinking of Kenya's involvement in Somalia.
3. Dealing with corruption in the security sector.

The situation will be let to fade away from memory until another attack on any of countless exposed targets.  There is no dispute about that.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 05:57:28 PM »
Very strange. In even smaller problems like fires in schools during our time, I remember we had to install firefighters and go through the drill. I think there is no response because the fatcats have not seen the money in this. Maybe if someone was to hawk a gadget for them...they would be interested. Our fat boss are just interested in making money. And the small man too.
The erratic handling of Garissa is going to be par for the course.  If they don't think there was a problem with the response they are not going to change what they consider appropriate.  kamwana and groupies know only one mode of operation; digging in.

1. Condemnation.
2. Chest thumping.  Ratcheting up of jingoism.  By people who will likely take off at the sound of a firecracker.

The situation will be let to fade away from memory until another attack on any of countless exposed targets.  There is no dispute about that.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 06:37:05 PM »
National Sunday Law remains a retarded pipe dream.
One only needs to look at trillions burnt in Afghanistan and Iraq in imposing Western values of 'democracy' before hallucinating about a Catholicism and USA tag team that will enforce Sunday Worship in the entire 155 countries of the world, pissing off Hindus,Jews,atheists,humanists and behead Nuff Sed for sabbath keeping

Terrorists use something they know true Christians (SDAs right?) cannot employ - deceit and violence. In the past, 'Christians' have employed violence to persecute true believers (see my signature). The greatest proof of the divine hand in true Christianity is in the manner in which true Christians have restrained themselves from employing violence and deceit to counter the religious terrorists. Just like Christ could not use deceit and Bible misinterpretation to counter Satan, today's true Christians must guard against using violence to counter religious terrorism. If violence were to be employed, minority Christian groups like JWs, Sabbatarians and anti-trinitarians would be subjected to what the Roman church did to martyrs in the dark ages. And there lies the danger of church uniting with state. At first it will be in the guise of fighting terrorism and soon after Christians will fight other Christians over the things (Sabbath keeping  :lolz:)they cannot agree on.

Matthew 4
3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 08:32:00 PM »
Very strange. In even smaller problems like fires in schools during our time, I remember we had to install firefighters and go through the drill. I think there is no response because the fatcats have not seen the money in this. Maybe if someone was to hawk a gadget for them...they would be interested. Our fat boss are just interested in making money. And the small man too.

1. Condemnation.

Yep.  Money, populism or both.  The wall fits that criteria.  There is no honest attempt to understand why this shit is happening.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 08:54:39 PM »
Termie,
Am working very hard this week(in my dreams) on raising my optimism on the Kenian Negro. Please don't wake me up yet

Yep.  Money, populism or both.  The wall fits that criteria.  There is no honest attempt to understand why this shit is happening.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 08:57:53 PM »

1. Condemnation.

The "wall" keeps changing.   Last I heard, it was going to be a fence.   By the time the eating has been done, all that there will be to show will probably be a couple of miles of chicken-wire.  Still, great noise is being made about it, and I understand that a few youth have even dug a short ditch to start it off.   (They appear to have stopped working after a few metres.)

I also gather that John Kerry will soon be visiting Kenya to see how he can help; perhaps he feels morally obliged.   How one goes about helping people who don't seem very keen to help themselves is far from clear.  But history tells us that any results can only be short-term ones: lasting results come only when one is willing to change oneself.

In this one, my view is that there are as yet more tears to come.   Avoidable, but will not be avoided.    A self-wrought tragedy.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 09:46:59 PM »
Termie,
Am working very hard this week(in my dreams) on raising my optimism on the Kenian Negro. Please don't wake me up yet

If the jubilant can PR his way out of it, he will happily live with Garissa University on a daily basis. 

I don't know what it will take to sober up the leadership.

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2015, 04:52:47 AM »
Quote from: Windy City Assassin link=topic=1912.msg13067#msg13067

His tastes are well-known, so that's an easy one: shut down the Glenfiddich Distillery in Dufftown, Scotland.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2015, 07:40:05 AM »
Sir no Sir!
The negro is into Jameson...has no time for etiquette, drinks straight from the bottle. They should have nuked Dublin when fighting IRA I. Which case mhe would be a faithful tither in my church.
Quote from: Windy City Assassin link=topic=1912.msg13067#msg13067

His tastes are well-known, so that's an easy one: shut down the Glenfiddich Distillery in Dufftown, Scotland.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 10:24:07 AM »
I shall bore you guys to death. I do not plan to give up soon.

I notice everybody commending the UoN kids for doing what humans do - flight. Bella has wondered why not enough of them fled. I do too. This is supposed to be one of the questions asked. Humans can survive a two story jump unless they fall by the head and break their neck. We know some that have survived six floor falls. So it is a legitimate question to ask.

My attention still focuses on the missing students. What was their role in this? Are they victims who have suffered a worse fate such as kidnapping and sexual enslavement? Did they serve as human shields and ended up in a mass grave in some part of the vast arid plains? Or were they active participants in the attack?

I have some personal experience in these matters and know that the key to some puzzles may lie in figuring out what is missing. No decent security system can ignore a missing or mysterious person in such a matter.

Let me speculate: Perhaps the so called missing students were part of the terror attack and prevented or sabotaged flight?
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 02:22:48 PM »
Omollo,

I have heard mention of missing students. 

What stands out to me?  That the story has not come from the survivors.  Fellow students, some of whom would surely know about it.

While it's important to account for everyone.  This particular story seems like reaching.

Harriet Tubman

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 10:45:26 AM »
Unless you are the beast, you have no business telling us which religious-state body will or will not persecute. History is full of such promises which were not kept. Islam also says it is a religion of peace.

National Sunday Law remains a retarded pipe dream.
One only needs to look at trillions burnt in Afghanistan and Iraq in imposing Western values of 'democracy' before hallucinating about a Catholicism and USA tag team that will enforce Sunday Worship in the entire 155 countries of the world, pissing off Hindus,Jews,atheists,humanists and behead Nuff Sed for sabbath keeping

Terrorists use something they know true Christians (SDAs right?) cannot employ - deceit and violence. In the past, 'Christians' have employed violence to persecute true believers (see my signature). The greatest proof of the divine hand in true Christianity is in the manner in which true Christians have restrained themselves from employing violence and deceit to counter the religious terrorists. Just like Christ could not use deceit and Bible misinterpretation to counter Satan, today's true Christians must guard against using violence to counter religious terrorism. If violence were to be employed, minority Christian groups like JWs, Sabbatarians and anti-trinitarians would be subjected to what the Roman church did to martyrs in the dark ages. And there lies the danger of church uniting with state. At first it will be in the guise of fighting terrorism and soon after Christians will fight other Christians over the things (Sabbath keeping  :lolz:)they cannot agree on.

Matthew 4

Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2015, 11:20:11 AM »
Termie

GoK detained all survivors and sequestered them to avoid the media. The media people have imposed self-censorship. There have been cases of open defiance at funerals where Uhuru Kenyatta's speech has been discarded amid protests. Note that he never attended a single one nor mobilized the many useless Jubilee Ministers, Senators and Principal Secretaries to represent Sirkal in the funerals. Its not because he didn't see the cheap PR opportunity but in line with the policy of secret burials of KDF fallen soldiers, this was to end as fast and as quietly as possible. On this occasion too, the Opposition seems to have played ball. Raila did not attend any funerals nor make any hard hitting statements.

What I am saying is if you look very carefully you would notice an invisible hand working tirelessly to control information. I read the latest gaffes by Ole Nkai-silly defending the attack on journalists and wonder where Jubilee is heading. Unless there is another Okwemba, the one I know is an old man who cannot recover from broken bones. How can a whole Internal Security CS claim that journalists carry guns in their cameras? Is he inciting violence against journalists? However watch how silent they are in the face of this abuse.

Yesterday a major scandal rolled out and landed in the ground seemingly unnoticed. Sonko has been bribing journalists to censor any critical stories about him. On this occasion he gave out a huge cash bribe that caused the Swahili service journalists of citizen TV to fight to near death. I understand they are suspended. Now many Kenyans are wondering just how that is possible. Journalists dog politicians on a daily basis for money so they can sex up stories. Those who pay get the best stories while those who refuse suffer bad publicity.

Many politicians have now learned. I know a governor or two who have employed a battery of qualified journalists and equipped them on the same lines as the UKSPU (Uhuru Kenyatta Spin and Propaganda Unit). Journalists assigned to cover these governors are kept in luxury hotels with alcohol and prostitutes and later handed ready made videos for a quick audio synchronization. They never even have an idea of what it is they are broadcasting.

Sorry for the rant but I wanted to show you one of the reasons why you may not hear much from the media.
Omollo,

I have heard mention of missing students. 

What stands out to me?  That the story has not come from the survivors.  Fellow students, some of whom would surely know about it.

While it's important to account for everyone.  This particular story seems like reaching.