Author Topic: Auditor General Is Also Under EACC Investigation  (Read 2119 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Auditor General Is Also Under EACC Investigation
« on: April 08, 2015, 05:35:00 PM »
A section of the list of shame.  They are chomping away at Wanjiku's revenues and resources from all directions.
Apart from the five Cabinet Secretaries, nine governors and other public officials already named, the list of people under investigation includes former Secretary to Cabinet Francis Kimemia, NPSC Chairperson Johnston Kavuludi, Nairobi Senator Mike Sonko, Machakos senator Johnstone Muthama, former Lands minister James Orengo, former Cabinet minister Chirau Ali Mwakwere, and former IEBC executives James Oswago and Wilson Shollei.

Others include former Chief of Staff at the Office of the Prime Minister Caroli Omondi, former High Court Registrar Gladys Shollei, Auditor-General Edward Ouko, former Information PS Bitange Ndemo, NSSF Managing Trustee Richard Langat and former Investment Secretary Esther Koimett.

KNEC chief executive Paul Wasanga, FKF secretary-general Sam Nyamweya, former Nairobi mayor George Aladwa, former PS Rebecca Nabutola, former Mumias Sugar MD Peter Kebati, Nandi Hills MP Alfred Keter and Mt Elgon MP John Serut are also under investigation for various alleged economic crimes.
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Senate-reveals-names-on-EACC-List-of-Shame/-/539546/2671598/-/10x91qbz/-/index.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Bella

• Superstar
Re: Auditor General Is Also Under EACC Investigation
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 06:43:24 AM »
Since this list did not come from the EACC but the president, I cant help but be a little suspicious. I saw Isaac Ruto challenge them to show them the chopper, 33 petrol stations and Nairobi mansion they suspect him of owning. I think if he had it it could be easily shown, especially the 33 petrol stations.

I think the only way we will get rid of corruption is by cutting our losses and starting afresh: forgetting those who have already stolen, and starting to be ruthless about anyone caught henceforth. I say this because I think people either who have stolen in the past or have benefitted directly from the loot will cripple any efforts to strengthen anti-corruption for fear of what they will lose. For the sake of "getting them on board" with a new leaf, so that we can have a clean slate, we might have to forgive all that loot and start anew with a ruthless anti-corruption era. The problem will be land. Land eventually has to be sorted, even if at even greater cost to mwananchi's dime.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 07:30:33 AM »
The list was really a compilation of complains and suspicion that EACC had received..and perhaps investigation had began. There should be higher threshold when one resigns...sort of when there is prima facia evidence that indeed someone most probably stole..at the very least someone should have been summoned and questioned..preliminary investigation done to establish if indeed XYX own a chopper or not..otherwise if someone has seen Isaac with hired chopper and he ran to EACC and EACC demand he step down..then that makes EACC a big joke.

EACC list is mixed up..with serious allegations and what goes for bar romours.

Since this list did not come from the EACC but the president, I cant help but be a little suspicious. I saw Isaac Ruto challenge them to show them the chopper, 33 petrol stations and Nairobi mansion they suspect him of owning. I think if he had it it could be easily shown, especially the 33 petrol stations.

I think the only way we will get rid of corruption is by cutting our losses and starting afresh: forgetting those who have already stolen, and starting to be ruthless about anyone caught henceforth. I say this because I think people either who have stolen in the past or have benefitted directly from the loot will cripple any efforts to strengthen anti-corruption for fear of what they will lose. For the sake of "getting them on board" with a new leaf, so that we can have a clean slate, we might have to forgive all that loot and start anew with a ruthless anti-corruption era. The problem will be land. Land eventually has to be sorted, even if at even greater cost to mwananchi's dime.

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 04:51:47 PM »
I don't trust this list. How creidible is it. Looks like a PR exercise.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 04:55:03 PM »
I agree that kamwana shouldn't name people if he is doing nothing about it.  Especially people that he has no control over.  The only people on that list he should have named were his cabinet secretaries as he issued firing orders.

That said, I am not entirely surprised by these allegations.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman