Author Topic: More Bad News for Turkana Oil  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
More Bad News for Turkana Oil
« on: April 07, 2015, 12:59:21 PM »
Not directly but bad news all the same - unless you are green and conscious of the global warming dangers
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/breakthrough-in-hydrogenpowered-cars-may-spell-end-for-petrol-stations-10158400.html
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: More Bad News for Turkana Oil
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 01:18:09 PM »
Interesting.  It seems like the ingredients are quite readily available - a blessing in disguise maybe.  I get the feeling that it's more sustainable than fossil fuels.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 02:31:06 PM »
Why turkana. Why not the entire Oil industry. I think Oil will continue to being a key source energy for quite some time. Apart from Cars, we need Oil and Gas for many other functions.

Besides BioFuels still need to be grown on some land...where will one be getting maize stocks enough to ran cars! Nowadays you cannot get maize stalk or cob..they are being used to make animal feeds..

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 02:46:02 PM »
An alternative to fossil fuel is not a bad idea. Makes fuel cheaper for everyone and boosts industrial development especially in developing countries. I wouldn't say these are bad news.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 05:24:43 PM »
The oil industry is in straits. A year or so they were looking at an average of $90/barrel, but the current $50 has driven many out of business and funds for exploration have dried.

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 04:53:29 PM »
The oil industry is in straits. A year or so they were looking at an average of $90/barrel, but the current $50 has driven many out of business and funds for exploration have dried.

I still think this is a temporary setback.