Author Topic: Bugger the law, I'm the boss! So says Uhuru  (Read 2274 times)

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Bugger the law, I'm the boss! So says Uhuru
« on: April 02, 2015, 06:11:32 PM »
So starts the emergence of a new Dear Leader for Kenya: he knows what is best for all, and the law  will be obeyed only when he thinks it is "right" to do so.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Uhuru-orders-training-of-2014-police-recruits/-/1056/2674152/-/j66jy3z/-/index.html

And the fact that quite a few of these people got their jobs through corruption (and therefore have broken the law even before they start), might be unqualified, etc. .... None of that matters.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: Bugger the law, I'm the boss! So says Uhuru
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 07:40:29 PM »
A Dictator is born.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 08:39:35 PM »
We will soon be singing "Kanu yajenga inchi".

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 08:24:10 AM »
Well done Uhuru,there is security personnel shortage in Northern-Eastern Kenya to cover the vast area,For more than 8months,the judiciary has been negligently sitting on this case,we need more equipped boots on the ground,

Without Prejudice.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 09:58:12 AM »
How about summoning Mutunga to speed the case and have judgement delivered in a 2 weeks or less. Or having AG apply for stay orders due to National Emergency. I think Judges would have seen the sense...but yes they are not blameless...they need to deliver some judgment promptly..Laptop thing is dead on judiciary...and so many projects..that are running on 1yr budget.

Mutunga and Uhuru need to have an honest chat. Mutunga should consider handing over his resignation letter after the chat for being a complete total failure.

Well done Uhuru,there is security personnel shortage in Northern-Eastern Kenya to cover the vast area,For more than 8months,the judiciary has been negligently sitting on this case,we need more equipped boots on the ground,

Without Prejudice.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 01:36:30 PM »
Another Option: Not all the recruits were tainted. An application to have those not tainted to be admitted against a guarantee to admit any and all who are later found to have qualified.
 Option Two: GoK accepts ALL those claiming to have been left out in addition to the Mungikis
How about summoning Mutunga to speed the case and have judgement delivered in a 2 weeks or less. Or having AG apply for stay orders due to National Emergency. I think Judges would have seen the sense...but yes they are not blameless...they need to deliver some judgment promptly..Laptop thing is dead on judiciary...and so many projects..that are running on 1yr budget.

Mutunga and Uhuru need to have an honest chat. Mutunga should consider handing over his resignation letter after the chat for being a complete total failure.

Without Prejudice.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 03:49:34 PM »
Laptop thing is dead on judiciary...and so many projects..

That is a strange interpretation.   The laptop thing never made any sense, given more deserving ways to spend money, and that finally penetrated some hard heads.   

'Mr Rotich, while seeking a Sh57.1 billion Supplementary Budget approval, told the Parliamentary Budget Committee that the money earmarked for the laptop project would be used to keep the Government going till the next financial year because "it doesn't see the laptop project as a priority".'

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000152126&story_title=shelving-laptop-project-a-disappointment-but-sensible

"National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich has finally let out the truth about the once-hyped laptop project for primary schools.

The project is not going anywhere and any allocation that had been earmarked for it will have to be reallocated to other pressing needs."
One, the economy is struggling under a heavy debt burden. Two, many more impactful, urgent and priority projects are grounded because of lack of resources.

For example, even if the focus was on education, priority would be on infrastructure and learning resources like classrooms, books and teachers rather than laptops."

http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Editorial/State-did-well-to-beat-a-retreat-on-laptops/-/440804/2627134/-/kd2opg/-/index.html

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 03:49:57 PM »
Laptop thing is dead on judiciary...and so many projects..

That is a strange interpretation.   The laptop thing never made any sense, given more deserving ways to spend money, and that finally penetrated some hard heads.   

'Mr Rotich, while seeking a Sh57.1 billion Supplementary Budget approval, told the Parliamentary Budget Committee that the money earmarked for the laptop project would be used to keep the Government going till the next financial year because "it doesn't see the laptop project as a priority".'

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000152126&story_title=shelving-laptop-project-a-disappointment-but-sensible

"National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich has finally let out the truth about the once-hyped laptop project for primary schools.

The project is not going anywhere and any allocation that had been earmarked for it will have to be reallocated to other pressing needs."
One, the economy is struggling under a heavy debt burden. Two, many more impactful, urgent and priority projects are grounded because of lack of resources.

For example, even if the focus was on education, priority would be on infrastructure and learning resources like classrooms, books and teachers rather than laptops."

http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Editorial/State-did-well-to-beat-a-retreat-on-laptops/-/440804/2627134/-/kd2opg/-/index.html

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 04:04:45 PM »

Without Prejudice.

It is not clear how breaking the law and allowing corrupt (so prone to bribery) and  incompetent (they did not get in on merits) people into the police force will help.   And when those recruits have been "trained" and are "ready", one should recall Baragoi, where a few bandits finished them in large numbers.   As long as Kenya retains a police force that is thoroughly corrupt and largely incompetence, having larger numbers won't make a difference.   (See the Nigerian army, for example.)

The other thing is that even though the area is "vast", it has a low population density concentrated in a few places; so providing adequate security need not require a large number of people.   

Given the location, the towns in the former NEP would be the easiest places for Al Shabaab to get into.     So, what sort of security has GoK had in place in, say, Garissa?    What improvements have been made in security since Mandera?

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 04:07:19 PM »
Thats what I thought too

Without Prejudice.