Author Topic: Isaac Ruto: Uhuru Will Meet Goodluck's Fate in 2017  (Read 3651 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Isaac Ruto: Uhuru Will Meet Goodluck's Fate in 2017
« on: April 01, 2015, 07:57:30 PM »
Isaac has chosen the Karissa Maitha approach - don't fight with the dogs, hit the Dog Owner on the head and break it!
NAIROBI: Council of Governors Chair and Bomet Governor Isaac Ruto has dismissed corruption allegations leveled against him in the Ethics and Anti-Corruption report. 

Ruto insists he has done nothing wrong and that he will not resign. Here is the full statement..

GOVERNOR ISAAC RUTO STATEMENT ON EACC REPORT THAT HE IS UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR CORRUPTION EACC NOT SINCERE WITH THEIR FACTS

My attention has been drawn to the allegations of corruption being leveled against me with regard to the management and expenditure of the Bomet County funds in a list presented to the President by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) and which is the subject of debate on the floors of both houses of parliament and the public too.

I wish, from the onset, to categorically state that the allegations are not only malicious but also baseless and which lack substance.

To claim that I own a chopper is a bad lie to the public. I can possibly not own a chopper, perhaps, one day I will own one or even a Dreamliner.

Today, instead of owning a chopper, I would spend my money on oil fields in Turkana which will be beneficial to the locals and the nation as whole. The EACC has claimed that I own a house worth over Ksh. 30M in Nairobi. I have no idea where this said house is and I invite the Commission to show me where it is located.

They have further claimed that I own 33 petrol stations. Nothing can be further from the truth. I own not a single gas station and again I invite the Commission to help me trace them for purposes of clarity. I have never sold even paraffin in my life.

So many unfounded allegations have been advanced against me in the EACC confidential report to the President including misappropriation of funds aimed at enhancing development in Bomet County.

Local MPs under instructions and sponsorship from the office of the Deputy President have been moving round the county making unsubstantiated allegations against me and even calling me names simply because I refused to dance to the music of their master.What happened to a rigid regime of President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday 28th March 2015 will happen to them in 2017.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Isaac Ruto: Uhuru Will Meet Goodluck's Fate in 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 10:03:32 PM »
Not likely.  IEBC has yet to fix its systems.  Soon it will be just months away.  Nobody is talking about it.  They might talk about it on election day.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 11:14:18 AM »
It's the opposition that is still asleep. Buhari recruited teams to deal with every possible rigging avenue. He spent money to ensure that Goodluck's strongholds were more than fully manned to prevent ballot stuffing. When they tried it in River State, they got rotten eggs on their faces and it is being investigated. They failed to stuff in other areas and finally gave it up altogether.

The APC had its own tallying network. They would get the raw figures from the polling stations. That is what CORD needs to demand. Results should be read at polling stations before the voters. The moment somebody "bans" voters from keeping a vigil at polling stations is the time you know he is up to no good.

CORD lost in 2013 the moment Owalo and Co failed to send strong observer missions to Central and RV. Then the idea of a Returning officer staying alone at a polling center with Presidential results and waiting two day to transmit it is plain sick. If results are not transmitted within 4 hours of being ready they should be automatically stand cancelled. That would put a stop to late reporting from Central.
Not likely.  IEBC has yet to fix its systems.  Soon it will be just months away.  Nobody is talking about it.  They might talk about it on election day.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 10:09:29 AM »
UhuRuto won it fair. I have not seen any credible evidence of rigging. Not even a shred of evidence has been presented to show UhuRuto rigged. That is why Supreme Court returned an unanimous verdict . Kibaki 07 and Moi 92-97 were rigged.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 01:20:06 PM »
No ndugu.

The KSC first threw out the evidence then found no evidence.

To be fair, Orengo mishandled the evidence presentation for reasons known to him.

They won the first round. But did not win outright. There was need for a runoff in which they would have lost MaDVD votes etc.
UhuRuto won it fair. I have not seen any credible evidence of rigging. Not even a shred of evidence has been presented to show UhuRuto rigged. That is why Supreme Court returned an unanimous verdict . Kibaki 07 and Moi 92-97 were rigged.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 02:32:27 PM »
No ndugu.

To be fair, Orengo mishandled the evidence presentation for reasons known to him.

They won the first round. But did not win outright. There was need for a runoff in which they would have lost MaDVD votes etc.
I also think it was a runoff situation.  With Jubilee having maxed out its turnout.  The nature of close margins in an African election almost always leads to manipulation in favor of the incumbent or his preferred choice.   

Buhari loses if Jonathan smells blood at the of the tunnel.  It has to be a thorough defeat for a challenger to win.  Even then no guarantees.  You have to beat them like a drum.

There is going to be no agreement on the outcome regardless.  But how about making sure that we avoid another situation where all biometric equipment and other measures to prevent fraud fails epically?  Isn't that something people can agree on?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 04:05:56 PM »
Kibaki was soundly beaten in 2007. He still stole and that is why there was trouble. The theft was so blatant that even his own people knew he had stolen.
No ndugu.

I also think it was a runoff situation.  With Jubilee having maxed out its turnout.  The nature of close margins in an African election almost always leads to manipulation in favor of the incumbent or his preferred choice.   

Buhari loses if Jonathan smells blood at the of the tunnel.  It has to be a thorough defeat for a challenger to win.  Even then no guarantees.  You have to beat them like a drum.

There is going to be no agreement on the outcome regardless.  But how about making sure that we avoid another situation where all biometric equipment and other measures to prevent fraud fails epically?  Isn't that something people can agree on?

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 02:02:38 AM »
Ruto is dreaming.  What are the alternatives I Kenya.   CORD?

CORD appears to have firmly settled on the path to defeat.   For one, it never seems to have realized the importance of getting people to register to vote and, more importantly, getting them to turn out to vote.    CORD instead gets over-excited with poll numbers and forgets that supporters who don't vote might as well (for electoral purposes) not exist.

Then there is the matter of electoral fraud.   In a place like Kenya, one should always expect that there will be some funny business.   So in regard to 2013, the surprise should not be that there were claims of fraud; it should be that CORD did not seem particularly well-prepared for the possibility.

Since 2013, it is not clear that CORD has learned any lessons.  Instead of doing what it should be doing to prepare for 2017, it has been busy with some OKOAring thing that is never going anywhere.  And when there is some spare time, it is devoted to self-destructive activities in the internal party politics.

Unless Raila really wakes up, the writing is on the wall, and this time he will clearly have nobody to blame but himself.   
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 04:48:49 PM »
I don't expect Isaac to cause much damage in RV especially if he is banking on the CORD card. He may live to regret his action.