Author Topic: For country sake..let hope Uhuru can sustain this corruption fight  (Read 2243 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
If UhuRuto deals with corruption and insecurity more decisively; they win me back. I think Corruption is now a serious cancer that is killing us.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/EACC-Report-Parliament-Uhuru-Kenyatta/-/1064/2672272/-/w1njr9/-/index.html

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: For country sake..let hope Uhuru can sustain this corruption fight
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 05:39:38 PM »
Sonko is more of a blackmailer. He learns of corrupt deals and then forces his way in to them for his cut. He also cons the corrupt
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 05:56:11 PM »
Appearing to fight corruption and actually fighting it are two things. Uhuru appears to fight.
How does he acquire 40 earth movers in 2yrs?
The only solution for a special prosecutor's office that has immense powers headed by Waki.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 06:10:17 PM »
Appearing to fight corruption and actually fighting it are two things. Uhuru appears to fight.
How does he acquire 40 earth movers in 2yrs?
The only solution for a special prosecutor's office that has immense powers headed by Waki.
By now it should be clear that would be just creating another avenue for eating.  The closest thing to an institution that can attack corruption in Africa would seem to lie in an external agency.  An ICC against corruption kind of thing.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 06:51:18 PM »
Is there anyone in Kenya today who has been a greater beneficiary of corruption than Uhuru?   His father firmly established the eating culture that today if finishing Kenya, and he led by example.    Moreover the mother was not to be left behind either: she did one heck of a job in decimating Kenya's wildlife.   Theft is far too deeply ingrained in the being of this country.

And then there are the folks who convinced Uhuru to be the leader of his "our people" and who subsequently helped him stymie the ICC.    Does anyone think that the likes of Kimemia, who appears to have subsequently rewarded himself with billions, will really be brought to book?   Nothing will happen to them, and they will probably be back, but Uhuru will be able to say "I threw them out, but they were cleared.   Case closed."

MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 07:09:36 PM »
Quote from: Windy City Assassin link=topic=1883.msg12524#msg12524
By now it should be clear that would be just creating another avenue for eating.  The closest thing to an institution that can attack corruption in Africa would seem to lie in an external agency.  An ICC against corruption kind of thing.

It doesn't have to be an external agency.   It could be an internal agency but with "outsourced" leadership and top management.

Omollo once suggested that the only way to reform Kenyan police would be to temporarily bring in a higher caliber of police from, say, some part of the Commonwealth.    To my mind, that is the sort of thing that is really needed to tackle corruption; the locals tend to be incompetent, or easily compromised, or simply don't have the public confidence.   
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 11:55:07 AM »
Quote from: Windy City Assassin link=topic=1883.msg12524#msg12524

It doesn't have to be an external agency.   It could be an internal agency but with "outsourced" leadership and top management.

Omollo once suggested that the only way to reform Kenyan police would be to temporarily bring in a higher caliber of police from, say, some part of the Commonwealth.    To my mind, that is the sort of thing that is really needed to tackle corruption; the locals tend to be incompetent, or easily compromised, or simply don't have the public confidence.   
I am thinking you'd not want these cases going before a Mutungaroo judge either.  I mean even that particular aspect would also have to be outsourced. 

Outsourcing investigations and bringing the cases back to a Mutungaroo defeats the purpose IMO.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman