Author Topic: Obama To Visit Kenya In July  (Read 87926 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Obama To Visit Kenya In July
« Reply #200 on: May 20, 2015, 11:14:26 PM »
As far as I can tell, you have access to the internet (and Google), and you generally seem to be a quite capable sort.    USAID data is publicly available to all, and you should have no trouble locating the right data.    And you can rest assured that I generally do my homework before I make such claims.   Doing people's homework for them is not something I care much for; but if you have data that you think contradicts my statement, that would be of interest.
The information is 'out there and evidence is doing people's homework
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #201 on: May 20, 2015, 11:27:43 PM »
The information is 'out there and evidence is doing people's homework

Yes it is.   I also have it saved on my computer and could easily post it.   But, as a first step, I generally believe in encouraging people to get information for themselves; it's a useful skill to acquire.   So, let Google be your friend, and save yourself some time on  "postings" on this thread.

The other thing I should add is that I might have some, but I generally have little, interest in "proving" facts that I post.   To the extent that people are interested in an objective debate and wish to verify anything, the onus is on them to take the first step and seek the confirming or contradictory information.   If people simply want to engage in an exchange, however meaningless, then that's another matter.   So, I've put the facts there.  Depending on your interest, choose your path.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #202 on: May 20, 2015, 11:57:31 PM »
MOON Ki,
You have consistently claimed that aid to Kenia shot under Osama or something even as some other countries have had their aid slashed. Could you please provide some sort of evidence for this? And apologies if I missed it. This thread is quite long and winding.
vooke,

You can use this link here http://www.foreignassistance.gov/web/RGAIntro.aspx.  Just select a year and hover the mouse over the country...There is a huge spike in 2009 which gradually comes down towards 2014, but remains above the 2007 mark.

EDIT.  This http://www.foreignassistance.gov/web/OU.aspx?FY=2015&OUID=173&AgencyID=0&budTab=tab_Bud_Spent is even better.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #203 on: May 21, 2015, 08:54:37 AM »
You should spend more time reading basic economics and development; you think economic growth measures what?  It measures the number of toilets build per year amongst other things. The last time I checked, one of sector that we track in our gdp calculation is social sector which measures stuff like education,sanitation, water, etc.

How does SGR not affect many?

Your rants are truly shocking and ignorant.

You might want to reflect on the idea of borrowing money to increase GDP by 1% while at the very same time complaining that shit is costing 1% of GDP.  To the extent that toilets are infrastructure worth the trouble, let's hear a bit more about those and a little less about Kung Fu and what he's up to.

No need to bother about the rest of your rant.  My point remains: stop continually jerking off over GDP growth (and fantasies about the SGR) when people are literally dying from shit.   Instead, I encourage you to think about how improvements in the economy can be made to benefit the majority and not just a few.     The hint for you is to try and understand that a country's GDP can increase without a corresponding improvement in the people's lot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #204 on: May 21, 2015, 08:58:23 AM »
There is no evidence that Obama quietly lobbied for increase of funding. It seems like a haphazard trend considering that AID has dropped substantially. It could possibly be linked to assistance towards PEV 2008.

You can use this link here http://www.foreignassistance.gov/web/RGAIntro.aspx.  Just select a year and hover the mouse over the country...There is a huge spike in 2009 which gradually comes down towards 2014, but remains above the 2007 mark.

EDIT.  This http://www.foreignassistance.gov/web/OU.aspx?FY=2015&OUID=173&AgencyID=0&budTab=tab_Bud_Spent is even better.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2015, 03:36:00 PM »
It measures the number of toilets build per year amongst other things.  people's lot.

So, how many toilets per year are being built in Kenya?    Why is shit such a costly business there?  And, please, try not to get so emotional over these things.

How does SGR not affect many?

You mean in the way you excitedly claimed above?     :D

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #206 on: May 21, 2015, 03:37:54 PM »
You can always check the social sector part of GDP report. Last I checked it was about 5% of GDP and was growing at 10% or about annually. Do you want a link or you'll take the advice your emotionally dished to vooke.
So, how many toilets per year are being built in Kenya?    Why is shit such a costly business there?  And, please, try not to get so emotional over these things.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #207 on: May 21, 2015, 03:40:26 PM »
Given you probably won't find it.. quick scan of GDP report of 2014.

The  total  expenditure  in  the  social  sector  for  the
national  government  is  expected  to  increase  by  7.1  per
cent  from  KSh  369.1  billion  in  2012/13  to  KSh  395.4
billion in 2013/14.

Key indicators on education
Indicator  2012  2013  % change
Total enrollment in Primary  10.0m  10.2 m  2.0
Total enrollment in Secondary  1.91m  2.10m  10.5
No. of public Primary school
teachers
191,034  199,686  4.9
No. of public Sec. school teachers  64,338  65,494  1.8
University enrollment   240,551  324,560  34.9

Key indicators on health
Indicator  2012  2013  % change
No. of registered medical
personnel
104,913  112,576  7.3
No. of medical students
(university)
8,131  9,602  18.1
No. of medical students
(MTC)
7,893  8,118  2.9
No. of medical personnel per
100,000 of population
258  269  4.3

You can find http://www.knbs.or.ke/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=309:2015-economic-survey-report-highlights&catid=82:news&Itemid=593 and really concentrate on social sector of our GDP...

Something you're calling human development...like everything else is non-human.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #208 on: May 21, 2015, 03:44:03 PM »
Do you want a link or you'll take the advice your emotionally dished to vooke.

No, thanks.  I don't need a link.   I have access to fairly good information  from GoK---the ones that say shit is killing people, costing the economy, and so on, but hardly any toilets are being built.   Maybe they should start shitting on the SGR as it is being built; I've seen folks do such in India.   :D 

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #209 on: May 21, 2015, 03:55:04 PM »
No, thanks.  I don't need a link.   I have access to fairly good information  from GoK---the ones that say shit is killing people, costing the economy, and so on, but hardly any toilets are being built.   Maybe they should start shitting on the SGR as it is being built; I've seen folks do such in India.   :D 

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2015, 03:54:10 PM »
Anyone over 65 should be treated free of charge at any hospital of choice. They served the country and they deserve better. MPIGS should pay until they are 55. Freeloading at taxpayers expense should be stopped.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2015, 11:05:38 PM »
is obama still coming.

Offline Reticent Solipsist

• Superstar
« Reply #212 on: June 23, 2015, 10:19:56 PM »
is obama still coming.

He is already via proxy aka satellite surveillance.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #213 on: June 30, 2015, 08:54:13 AM »
Bitter Malik seems to have found a way to make buck off his brother's name:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2015/06/28/Obamas-brother-sells-1995-letter-that-reflects-presidents-early-views/1591435536010/

He is, of course, breaking the law: copyright on a personal letter belongs to the writer, not the recipient.

• Enigma
« Reply #214 on: June 30, 2015, 03:38:21 PM »
Bitter Malik seems to have found a way to make buck off his brother's name:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2015/06/28/Obamas-brother-sells-1995-letter-that-reflects-presidents-early-views/1591435536010/

He is, of course, breaking the law: copyright on a personal letter belongs to the writer, not the recipient.
He is one of those who will sell his mother for a song.  I don't know how much goodwill he still enjoys from Obama.  But selling private correspondence can't do much for it.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #215 on: June 30, 2015, 04:29:23 PM »
Maybe if Obama cared for his poor siblings; they won't have to hawk their private undies; Obama has made money from Dreams of My Father enough to start a family foundation. I think by time Malik is going this length; clearly he feels Obama is  a jerk.

In any case Malik is non-story; the real story here is that Obama despite being POTUS has no love from his kenyan family.

He is one of those who will sell his mother for a song.  I don't know how much goodwill he still enjoys from Obama.  But selling private correspondence can't do much for it.

• Enigma
« Reply #216 on: June 30, 2015, 04:55:59 PM »
Maybe if Obama cared for his poor siblings; they won't have to hawk their private undies; Obama has made money from Dreams of My Father enough to start a family foundation. I think by time Malik is going this length; clearly he feels Obama is  a jerk.

In any case Malik is non-story; the real story here is that Obama despite being POTUS has no love from his kenyan family.

Who says he doesn't?  Malik?  My hunch is Obama helps those who he judges to be willing to pull themselves up.  if he thinks you are just looking for help finding a fifth wife, I can hardly blame him if he wants no truck with that.

Harriet Tubman

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #217 on: July 01, 2015, 05:08:14 AM »
Is this the reason Lupita is in town, vouching for elephants?
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline Reticent Solipsist

• Superstar
« Reply #218 on: July 01, 2015, 10:00:17 AM »

Your earlier posts argued that Obama didn't care for Africa - a patent untruth - and now you've shifted to this falsehood that he does not love his Kenyan family. Well, have you ever posed that question either to Dani Sarah or Auma Obama?

So in your estimate, what should Obama be doing for Africa and Kenya in particular, that he hasn't yet done? Has he decreased the financial  disbursement or aid assistance to Africa since he ascended to office in 2009?  Look, Obama's tenure has been a continuation of his predecessors policies; every US president inherits policies from their predecessor and it's upon them to pursue or dispense with policies as they see fit -- the budget allowing or in the US national interest. Sometimes you don't have to reinvent the wheel, so they say.

I hope you and others will join us today as we celebrate the reopening of embassies between Havana and Washington. And if all goes well, next week, we might just see the signing of an historic nuclear accord between the US and Iran.

Yeah, and Obama will be in Kenya this month.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #219 on: July 01, 2015, 11:20:44 AM »
You need to read this post backwards. There is no need to restart the debate. In summary I think George Bush or Bill Clinton did more for Africa than Obama. Obama is starting to crawl out of his egg shell just about now.

I think Obama has done well for US , he is doing great in Cuba, he has failed as far as Guantanamo bay, Isreal and middle east goes, he has spectacularly failed as far as Africa and 3rd world goes (see what China is doing there with less money than US).

And he has failed as far as Kogelo and his family goes. I don't need to interview the family. Malik has said it. What hasn't been said is manifested in Kogelo. All development in there have either be done by Kenya gov or well Saudis who built Sarah Obama hse for being a muslim.

What exactly has Obama done for his family, Kogelo, Luo Nyanza, Kenya and Africa. WHAT? I expect more from somebody who understood with first hand experience what kind of problems those guys face. But he has done NOTHING. ZERO. ZILCH. NADA.

Actually he has not done nothing..he has spend his time in power ashamed of his roots and running away from them. He sneaks his family through the back door and did not even bother to attend the Aunt burial (an aunt he knew first hand) and choose to play golf.

Malik Obama calls him a big fraud. I couldn't agree more. A fraud is going to visit kenya for his own selfish reason as his regimes come to it's dying moments.

Your earlier posts argued that Obama didn't care for Africa - a patent untruth - and now you've shifted to this falsehood that he does not love his Kenyan family. Well, have you ever posed that question either to Dani Sarah or Auma Obama?

So in your estimate, what should Obama be doing for Africa and Kenya in particular, that he hasn't yet done? Has he decreased the financial  disbursement or aid assistance to Africa since he ascended to office in 2009?  Look, Obama's tenure has been a continuation of his predecessors policies; every US president inherits policies from their predecessor and it's upon them to pursue or dispense with policies as they see fit -- the budget allowing or in the US national interest. Sometimes you don't have to reinvent the wheel, so they say.

I hope you and others will join us today as we celebrate the reopening of embassies between Havana and Washington. And if all goes well, next week, we might just see the signing of an historic nuclear accord between the US and Iran.

Yeah, and Obama will be in Kenya this month.