Author Topic: Obama To Visit Kenya In July  (Read 87947 times)

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Re: Obama To Visit Kenya In July
« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2015, 08:47:25 PM »
And coming from someone like Malik, I can understand his bitterness.

I'm sure Malik will find that---your understanding---helpful.  That's what's important.    :D
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #161 on: April 30, 2015, 08:47:49 PM »
Blacks like Malik have realize the facade for what it is and taken the matters on their hand. The man will never advance black causes. You'll have to wait for another Bill Clinton or well JFK.

Most people, that I know, now understand the issue as separate from conditions in the black ghetto.  Obama comes across as stiff.  I don't know whether it's his personality or an attempti to distance himself from the angry black man appearance.  He has never shown anger in 8 years in power.

Sometimes, I feel like the ghost of Jeremiah Wright still haunts him.  Most people who voted for him, knew he is black with all the baggage that brings.  To me that is a constituency that does not need much convincing that cops need to stop enjoying impunity whenever they kill blacks.

Sure he can acknowlegde other issues.  But it would not hurt any cause to separate them from the sanctity of life.  The man needs to say black lives unconditionally matter

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2015, 08:49:39 PM »
And I'm sure Obama's Whitehouse is on standstill as they read your comments.

Malik has gone public...looking for validation..and I'm here telling him he did the right thing.

Malik is saying what I said a few months ago. Obama doesn't deserve as much as welcome. Kenyans on that day should not waste their time on Obama.

I'm sure will find that---your understanding---helpful.  That's what's important.    :D

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2015, 08:51:15 PM »
Malik has gone public...looking for validation..and I'm here telling him he did the right thing.

I have no doubt that he's very grateful for that.    :D

Kenyans on that day should not waste their time on Obama.

Still, I have this feeling that they will "waste" a lot of time and money on it.   Some of it your tax-money.    :D

Life's a biatch, I suppose.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2015, 08:53:03 PM »
I'm more grateful for his courage to come out and expose the fraud to the world. Malik I believe speaks for many people disappointed that 8yrs since Obama became POTUS--He has tried to do all he can to ran away from his ancestry.
I have no doubt that he's very grateful for that.    :D

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2015, 08:55:00 PM »
I'm more grateful for his courage to come out and expose the fraud to the world.

He is grateful for your support, and you are more grateful for his courage.   You two should get married!   :D

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #166 on: April 30, 2015, 08:55:42 PM »
And I'm sure Obama's Whitehouse is on standstill as they read your comments.

I'm sure will find that---your understanding---helpful.  That's what's important.    :D
Good come back. :) Moon Ki thinks matharau and condenscension is some kind of cool debate tactic. Instead of just sticking to disprooving you on Obama or otherwise dismissing your points by other arguments, he decides that mocking you for having views he disagrees with is the best response.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2015, 08:56:22 PM »

Good come back. :) Moon Ki thinks matharau and condenscension is some kind of debate tactic. Instead of just sticking to disprooving you on Obama or otherwise dismissing your points by other arguments, he decides that mocking you for having views he disagrees with is the best response.

:D :D :D

One point for you!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2015, 08:57:10 PM »
Yes. A biatch indeed. When you have to release a video calling on kenyans to not elect somebody then have to self-invite to be welcomed by the same ICC indicted persons.

The best way to welcome Obama for me is to have William Ruto welcome him at Airport and take him around...with Uhuru really feeling sweet and allowing only 5 mins of his busy schedule to see POTUS.

I wish Mutua was around to dismiss him as junior senator.

Still, I have this feeling that they will "waste" a lot of time and money on it.   Some of it your tax-money.    :D

Life's a biatch, I suppose.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2015, 09:05:31 PM »
The best way to welcome Obama for me is to have William Ruto welcome him at Airport and take him around...

I don't think this one will be done in the "best way".   They'll probably shut down whatever parts of Nairobi the Americans want shut down, and Ruto will be at head of the line of those waiting to suck ... and kiss ...  Like, I said, it's a biatch.

...with Uhuru really feeling sweet and allowing only 5 mins of his busy schedule to see POTUS.

Yes.  Wishes are something else, aren't they.   And yet here we are: Mutua is where he is, and the "junior senator" is where he is.

OK.  But this time, can H.E. PORK be a bit more manly and look the man in the face?    :D

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2015, 09:08:15 PM »
Blacks like Malik have realize the facade for what it is and taken the matters on their hand. The man will never advance black causes. You'll have to wait for another Bill Clinton or well JFK.

Most people, that I know, now understand the issue as separate from conditions in the black ghetto.  Obama comes across as stiff.  I don't know whether it's his personality or an attempti to distance himself from the angry black man appearance.  He has never shown anger in 8 years in power.

Sometimes, I feel like the ghost of Jeremiah Wright still haunts him.  Most people who voted for him, knew he is black with all the baggage that brings.  To me that is a constituency that does not need much convincing that cops need to stop enjoying impunity whenever they kill blacks.

Sure he can acknowlegde other issues.  But it would not hurt any cause to separate them from the sanctity of life.  The man needs to say black lives unconditionally matter
You know that's cheating.  Malik is not slandering Obama on behalf of anyone but his lazy ass.  Malik wants to marry a second, third..umpteenth wife while crossing paths with kina kamwana and buddies.  And he wants Barack to make that happen.  That is not the same thing as worrying that your son's life could be taken away on the whim of a racist cop.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #171 on: April 30, 2015, 09:38:39 PM »
The best way to welcome Obama for me is to have William Ruto welcome him at Airport and take him around...

I don't think this one will be done in the "best way".   They'll probably shut down whatever parts of Nairobi the Americans want shut down, and Ruto will be at head of the line of those waiting to suck ... and kiss ...  Like, I said, it's a biatch.

I'm sure it really "killed" him when Mutua did that.  Still, wishes are something else, aren't they.   So here we are now: Mutua is where he is, and the "junior senator" is where he is.

...with Uhuru really feeling sweet and allowing only 5 mins of his busy schedule to see POTUS.

OK.  But this time, can H.E. PORK be a bit more manly and look the man in the face?    :D

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2015, 09:55:22 PM »
He has never shown anger in 8 years in power.

I don't know what you mean by "anger"; but interpreting it in the obvious sense, is that necessarily a bad thing?

When I think of a man like MLK, "anger" is not what comes to mind; but resoluteness, compassion, etc. do.   On the other hand, on any given day you could probably have lit a cigarette by using it to touch, say, Stokely Carmichael.  But, overall, which of the two can we say achieved more?

I listened to Obama speak on the Trayvon-Martin case, and I was struck by how personal he made it and the depth of emotion that was in his words.   So I hope that a lack of "anger" does not imply that he doesn't "feel it".

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2015, 10:21:56 PM »
The Negro is still infatuated with Osama's feat of ascending to the highest position on earth. Kind of clouds their assessment of Osama. As soon as he leaves office and bazungu resumes after the 'hiatus', we may expect a more sober critique of his leadership.

Okoyus passion at defending Ouru is certainly much subdued than in April 2013.

Funny world
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2015, 10:22:39 PM »
He has never shown anger in 8 years in power.

I don't know what you mean by "anger"; but interpreting it in the obvious sense, is that necessarily a bad thing?

When I think of a man like MLK, "anger" is not what comes to mind; but resoluteness, compassion, etc. do.   On the other hand, on any given day you could probably have lit a cigarette by using it to touch, say, Stokely Carmichael.  But, overall, which of the two can we say achieved more?

I listened to Obama speak on the Trayvon-Martin case, and I was struck by how personal he made it and the depth of emotion that was in his words.   So I hope that a lack of "anger" does not imply that he doesn't "feel it".
I have no doubt he feels it.  Given that he worked as a community organizer on the south side.   While anger is not always a good thing, I feel like Obama is suppressing it even when he should show it.  Any constituency that he loses on that basis, was never part of his to begin with.

I think it comes back to Jeremiah Wright connection.  I feel he has never fully emerged from publicly dismissing an associate of many years. 

I don't feel like MLK is any more responsible for the civil rights achievements than the more radical blacks.  Was the establishment more comfortable with him?  Absolutely. 

Would they have budged if the black population consisted entirely of MLK types  I doubt it.  MLK was seen as desirable only against the backdrop of radical alternatives.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2015, 10:56:34 PM »
I think it comes back to Jeremiah Wright connection.  I feel he has never fully emerged from publicly dismissing an associate of many years. 

This is one I haven't given much thought.   I will return to it when I have ...

I don't feel like MLK is any more responsible for the civil rights achievements than the more radical blacks.  Was the establishment more comfortable with him?  Absolutely. 

Would they have budged if the black population consisted entirely of MLK types  I doubt it.  MLK was seen as desirable only against the backdrop of radical alternatives.

These are debatable points, but probably not on this thread.   But one wonders: what were the "radical alternatives"?   One has to keep in mind that at a certain point, Edgar Hoover and his boys had so thoroughly infiltrated and gone some way in compromising these "radical alternatives" that many were just jumping around and shooting themselves in the foot.   Self-destruction.   Keep in mind that Stokely Carmichael's break with the Black Panthers started when none other than Huey Newton suggested that he was an FBI/CIA stooge.   For his part, Carmichael thought the Black Panthers were not "angry" enough, in that they wished to welcome white activists who supported the black cause. And don't forget that, even before that, a guy like Malcolm X was finished by none other than his "brothers in The True Faith of Allah".   So what is the "backdrop of radical alternatives"? The "radicals" were busy finishing themselves!

In general, I have my doubts about "radical black alternatives".   Are blacks in America in a position to bring the country (or at least serious chunks of it) to a grinding and miserable halt.  Absolutely.   Should Americans in general be concerned about that?   I don't see why.   Historically, and Baltimore now is no different, such riots have a worse effect on where blacks live and work than where "The Man" really is.   So why should "The Man" be concerned.   That too is, as I see it, part of Obama's message.   

In 2 or 3 weeks, Baltimore will be calm; but there will be no large infusion of money or "let's really change Baltimore".   There will be some talk of police reform.  The Department of Justice will get involved, if the locals do nothing about the copper.  And then it will mostly be forgotten.   Except by those who will find that where they initially had little, they now have even less.  Because they destroyed a nice chunk of it.

• Enigma
« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2015, 11:30:06 PM »

This is one I haven't given much thought.   I will return to it when I have ...

These are debatable points, but probably not on this thread.   But one wonders: what were the "radical alternatives"?   One has to keep in mind that at a certain point, Edgar Hoover and his boys had thoroughly infiltrated and gone some way in compromising these "radical alternatives".   What's more, the "radical alternatives" were in self-destruction mode: Keep in mind that Stokely Carmichael's break with the Black Panthers started when none other than Huey Newton suggested that he was an FBI/CIA stooge.   For his part, Carmichael thought the Black Panthers were not "angry" enough, in that they wished to welcome white activists who supported the black cause. So what is the "backdrop of radical alternatives"? The "radicals" were busy finishing themselves!

In general, I have my doubts about "radical black alternatives".   Are blacks in America in a position to bring the country (or at least serious chunks of it) to a grinding and miserable halt.  Absolutely.   Should Americans in general be concerned about that?   I don't see why.   Historically, and Baltimore now is no different, such riots have a worse effect on where blacks live and work than where "The Man" really is.   So why should "The Man" be concerned.   That too is, as I see it, part of Obama's message.   
Jeremiah Wright was his pastor for 20 years.  Wright had some pretty unsavory things to say about white America.  Obama condemned him, during his campaign, and said he had never heard of them.  An obvious, if understandable, lie.  But I believe it not only soured a relationship that Obama valued, but he still feels like he has to create some daylight between him and anything remotely approaching what Jeremiah Wright might approve

I think the radical alternatives are the groups that were  advocating violence, separatism or both.  The Nation of Islam, Black panther types.  They gain support if the civil rights campaigns fail.  It's hard to say where that goes.  Perhaps a more violent way to get the same result.  Instead of just beating up on the Negro, the Negro fights back with likely the same result - he gets his rights.  Why not just give credit to the dreamer?

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2015, 11:35:56 PM »
In 2 or 3 weeks, Baltimore will be calm; but there will be no large infusion of money or "let's really change Baltimore".   There will be some talk of police reform.  The Department of Justice will get involved, if the locals do nothing about the copper.  And then it will mostly be forgotten.   Except by those who will find that where they initially had little, they now have even less.  Because they destroyed a nice chunk of it.
That's probably true.  It is also true that those guys have very little to lose.  When you are losing limbs and spine, it seems like that is a small price to pay to get your message across. 

I think social media is actually playing a major role in shaping the changes.  Before the youtube era, I would have thought of the issue as relatively inconsequential. 

Nowadays the cops are still murdering.  But whenever it happens, you find people filming.  Things come to a standoff.  Often repeated in cities across the US.

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #178 on: May 01, 2015, 12:39:27 AM »
Jeremiah Wright was his pastor for 20 years.  Wright had some pretty unsavory things to say about white America. 

I know of that story.   I meant I have not really thought of Obama's actions with that as the background.   Which I should.

It is also true that those guys have very little to lose.  When you are losing limbs and spine, it seems like that is a small price to pay to get your message across. 

So they come back in prosthetics, to clean up the mess they just made.   I'm not sure that they are much better off.   

I do agree that violence can play an important role in making all sorts of changes, but I think it depends on what type, as well as the "cost:performance ratio".   We'll have to save that for another thread.

• Enigma
« Reply #179 on: May 01, 2015, 01:26:19 AM »
Jeremiah Wright was his pastor for 20 years.  Wright had some pretty unsavory things to say about white America. 

I know of that story.   I meant I have not really thought of Obama's actions with that as the background.   Which I should.

It is also true that those guys have very little to lose.  When you are losing limbs and spine, it seems like that is a small price to pay to get your message across. 

So they come back in prosthetics, to clean up the mess they just made.   I'm not sure that they are much better off.   

I do agree that violence can play an important role in making all sorts of changes, but I think it depends on what type, as well as the "cost:performance ratio".   We'll have to save that for another thread.

When you consider his ties with Wright.  Then activism on the south side.  One would have to be nuts to believe Obama did not share views like that, let alone never having heard of them.  That's why I believe he suppresses a major part of himself.  Unnecessary in 2015. 

Harriet Tubman