Author Topic: Obama To Visit Kenya In July  (Read 87564 times)

Offline Bella

• Superstar
Re: Obama To Visit Kenya In July
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2015, 07:26:04 AM »
I believe in helping those that merit it.  You can always point out exceptions to that rule, but they are few.  If a government is corrupt, for 50 years, they don't merit any external help.  If the population loves their government, they should lay on the bed they make.
And I simply reject that point of view. I don't know any situation in Africa that can be described so simply as "the population loves their government". Things are far more complicated than that, including ignorance, lack of education, a population helpless against corrupt governments or without many options. So I will continue to assert my point that humans have a responsibility to do what is reasonably within their power to do to help those less fortunate and this is more so the more powerful they are.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2015, 09:51:04 AM »
Thanks Bella for intelligently making Moonki and Terminator see how their evil thinking inspired by hatred for political leadership in Africa just has no place in our world. Why blame the victim? The victim of misery,poverty, corruption and bad leadership. Helpless victims i would say. Blame the victim. Complete utter sadism.

Nobody has asked or demanded Obama WORKS with AFRICA CORRUPT LEADERSHIP. Nobody has asked Obama to wire money through corrupt National treasuries.

We have asked Obama to figure out how really help Africa or the world poor like Bill Gates.

For instance Obama can call a governance on tropical diseases, establish a research fund of 100B dollars, and have thousands looking seriously of the many diseases affecting tropical animals and plants. Obama has power to do that by rallying US gov and rich gov that listen to US...and such fund would not crash US economy. Just look at what Bill Gates is doing rallying the very rich of US to do something.

That is what Bush did with Global fund for HIV, AIDS and TB. Bush Jnr had many such initiatives. And it begin by accepting that Africa faces problems they cannot SURMONT without external help.

Obama has failed. The little we've heard is that he has increased US funding. I say that is BULLSHIET. USAID budget increases annually because it tied to US gov budget that increases annually. So Obama has DONE NOTHING...except an Energy fund (to electricity Africa) he established that hasn't got off ground yet.

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2015, 10:25:06 AM »
On George Bush--He used HEALTH AID to benefit American corporations,for instance you have Africans dying of malaria and Hiv/Aids,bush through USAID wires money to American companies to supply malaria drugs and ARV to Africans,USA corporations benefit in the name of aid which means more revenue for usa gov,

On Obama visit--He clearly stated he has come for infrastructure and security cooperation,He is looking for business for American corporations interms of financing and supplying equipments in projects like energy,ports,roads,security etc etc...you know usa is facing stiff competition from China,

Nobody is here to help Africans,Anybody with such a thought needs to have his head examined,

Without Prejudice.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2015, 10:35:39 AM »
The usual nonsense as always that is out of topic. You've never heard of win-win partnership. You can help Africa while benefiting from it. Nobody has a problem with that. Chinese are helping us while helping their own companies. The US or UK similarly does that. But ultimately Africa benefits from that...and as remainder we talking about Africa a continent that is really really poverty stricken.

The debate on Obama visit to kenya is simple. What has OBAMA done for Africa in his 7 yrs in power.

Obama the first black president of a super-power with Africa roots has done what for Africa...

George Bush Jnr who didn't even know Africa from a world map...has a better legacy in Africa than Obama with living relatives in Kogelo.

On George Bush--He used HEALTH AID to benefit American corporations,for instance you have Africans dying of malaria and Hiv/Aids,bush through USAID wires money to American companies to supply malaria drugs and ARV to Africans,USA corporations benefit in the name of aid which means more revenue for usa gov,

On Obama visit--He clearly stated he has come for infrastructure and security cooperation,He is looking for business for American corporations interms of financing and supplying equipments in projects like energy,ports,roads,security etc etc...you know usa is facing stiff competition from China,

Nobody is here to help Africans,Anybody with such a thought needs to have his head examined,

Without Prejudice.

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2015, 11:22:36 AM »
The usual nonsense as always that is out of topic.

To you of course,because you have scattered knowledge,

Chinese are helping us while helping their own companies. The US or UK similarly does that.

What the Chinese or Americans can do,we can do it for ourselves,

You cannot claim the state owned Chinese corporations are helping us through development finance of building inflated rail projects and supplying materials,through local syndicated financing and building local capacity of steel mills,we can do it for ourselves,

Africa a continent that is really really poverty stricken.

Yes there are poor Africans but African poverty has been on a continued decline from 47% in 1990 to less than 40% in 2008 while the middle class continues to rise,One of the causes of that poverty was bad leadership and political violence but with political reforms,we will continue to see average rate of poverty decline increase due to stability like we saw in Nigeria elections,Infact some African countries are doing well than Asian countries,

The debate on Obama visit to kenya is simple.George Bush Jnr has a better legacy in Africa

What did you want Obama to do and can you give us a comparison with bush?Obama is the president of USA not Africa or Kogelo or should an American president of Irish origin focus more on Ireland than USA?Let the Governor of kogelo and Kenya president uhuru solve our problems,

Back to the main point,You prove to be very stupid on a daily basis with your scattered knowledge,

Obama is coming to Kenya for business from security,energy etc etc not to drink tea with Uhuru and he stated it even in the press statement,and the biggest beneficiary of this visit will be usa corporations the same way they benefited by supplying arvs and other drugs to Africa in the name of aid during bush regime,nothing different,

Without Prejudice.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2015, 11:40:07 AM »
If you had any knowledge,you would have long completed college (including in third rate university in Uganda) and won't be hawking air time in River road. Please nigga!

Obama is more than the US president. He is the president of the WORLD. He has the power to change the lives of Siaya people...without even twisting his thumb.

What has Obama done in Africa in terms of AID, TRADE, BUSINESS, SECURITY  and any other area of cooperation with Africa, Kenya and SIAYA.

The answer is very very little. And compared to recent US presidents like Bush Snr,Clinton and Bush Jrn...it very embarrassing.

The usual nonsense as always that is out of topic.

To you of course,because you have scattered knowledge,

Chinese are helping us while helping their own companies. The US or UK similarly does that.

What the Chinese or Americans can do,we can do it for ourselves,

You cannot claim the state owned Chinese corporations are helping us through development finance of building inflated rail projects and supplying materials,through local syndicated financing and building local capacity of steel mills,we can do it for ourselves,

Africa a continent that is really really poverty stricken.

Yes there are poor Africans but African poverty has been on a continued decline from 47% in 1990 to less than 40% in 2008 while the middle class continues to rise,One of the causes of that poverty was bad leadership and political violence but with political reforms,we will continue to see average rate of poverty decline increase due to stability like we saw in Nigeria elections,Infact some African countries are doing well than Asian countries,

The debate on Obama visit to kenya is simple.George Bush Jnr has a better legacy in Africa

What did you want Obama to do and can you give us a comparison with bush?Obama is the president of USA not Africa or Kogelo or should an American president of Irish origin focus more on Ireland than USA?Let the Governor of kogelo and Kenya president uhuru solve our problems,

Back to the main point,You prove to be very stupid on a daily basis with your scattered knowledge,

Obama is coming to Kenya for business from security,energy etc etc not to drink tea with Uhuru and he stated it even in the press statement,and the biggest beneficiary of this visit will be usa corporations the same way they benefited by supplying arvs and other drugs to Africa in the name of aid during bush regime,nothing different,

Without Prejudice.

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2015, 12:14:11 PM »
If you had any knowledge,you would have long completed college (including in third rate university in Uganda) and won't be hawking air time in River road. Please nigga!

I am a proud year 2 drop our of a third rate university in Somalia and am very proud of it,what do you have to show with your first rate university degree?Why did safaricom appoint a high school graduate bob collymore as ceo not you?are you even an mca,mp or even senator?just a broke drunkard and online heckler who operates a cyber cafe in mlolongo,

You need to streamline your knowledge,

Obama is more than the US president. He is the president of the WORLD. He has the power to change the lives of Siaya people...without even twisting his thumb.

How?What can he do that siaya governor and Kenyatta can't do?Be specific,

What has Obama done in Africa in terms of AID, TRADE, BUSINESS, SECURITY  and any other area of cooperation with Africa, Kenya and SIAYA.

Obama is president not owner of USA,Stop thinking like Moi,USA is ran by institutions and obama can't wake up and start dishing money to kogelo...congress will stop him,Most important...He has not stopped USAID/AID AGOA/BUSINESS or AFRICOM/SECURITY from working,whose total annual grants to Kenya is over 85BN and will continue operating on the end of his time,Obama has not even clamped down on illegal immigrants kenyans included who send billions of dollars annually,

I wish we were talking about AGOA or exploiting low usa interest rates,

Let me remind your head for the third time,Obama has come to solicit business for American cooperations from Kenya gov from financing,energy,roads.ports ict,agriculture,security etc etc,

The answer is very very little. And compared to recent US presidents like Bush Snr,Clinton and Bush Jrn...it very embarrassing.

Show the evidence,

Without Prejudice.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2015, 01:17:17 PM »
AGOA,USAID,Global Fund,PEACE CORPS and name any of those initiative were INITIATED BY SOME US PRESIDENT. They did not just happen. The same with end of coloniliasm, the end of slavery, the rights of women, the rights of black American, the fight against racism and name did not happen accidentally...global leaders had to draw the line and move humanity forward.

Obama has done well with ObamaCare for the American poor...

What has he done for Africa poor...? Maybe demand Gay Rights be a criteria for USAID funding :lol: and perhaps the ENERGY fund (Power Africa) that is somewhat starting with measly funding!

Obama had the senate and congress (before mid-term election) to pass some legislation targetted at Africa,Kenya and Siaya...the same way he has managed to pass 1000 plus legislation on issues regarding American, Ukraine, Isreal, Iran, name them.

Where is Obama's AGOA?  Where is Obama's Peace Corps? Where is Obama's USAID? Where is Obama signature Global Fund?

Or you mean poverty and diseases afflicting people in Africa, Kenya and in Siaya have suddenly ended??????????

AGOA was initiated by Bill Clinton and signed into law by George Bush. These things did not happen if Clinton had not realized that something had to be done to correct the immoral trade balance with poor continent like Africa.

I am a proud year 2 drop our of a third rate university in Somalia and am very proud of it,what do you have to show with your first rate university degree?Why did safaricom appoint a high school graduate bob collymore as ceo not you?are you even an mca,mp or even senator?just a broke drunkard and online heckler who operates a cyber cafe in mlolongo,

You need to streamline your knowledge,

How?What can he do that siaya governor and Kenyatta can't do?Be specific,

Obama is president not owner of USA,Stop thinking like Moi,USA is ran by institutions and obama can't wake up and start dishing money to kogelo...congress will stop him,Most important...He has not stopped USAID/AID AGOA/BUSINESS or AFRICOM/SECURITY from working,whose total annual grants to Kenya is over 85BN and will continue operating on the end of his time,Obama has not even clamped down on illegal immigrants kenyans included who send billions of dollars annually,

I wish we were talking about AGOA or exploiting low usa interest rates,

Let me remind your head for the third time,Obama has come to solicit business for American cooperations from Kenya gov from financing,energy,roads.ports ict,agriculture,security etc etc,

Show the evidence,

Without Prejudice.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2015, 02:51:16 PM »
I believe in helping those that merit it.  You can always point out exceptions to that rule, but they are few.  If a government is corrupt, for 50 years, they don't merit any external help.  If the population loves their government, they should lay on the bed they make.
And I simply reject that point of view. I don't know any situation in Africa that can be described so simply as "the population loves their government". Things are far more complicated than that, including ignorance, lack of education, a population helpless against corrupt governments or without many options. So I will continue to assert my point that humans have a responsibility to do what is reasonably within their power to do to help those less fortunate and this is more so the more powerful they are.
Noted.  I agree to disagree.

If the native in the Congo and Amazon forests or Kalahari desert is not too unenlightened to carry his own burden, then so is the other African.  The average Kenyan is very aware.

The principle is simple.  If the Kenyan has shown that he has run out of means on the basis of responsible ventures, he merits external help.  If he wants constant help because billions keep vanishing every year, he has to look within.

The only exceptions to that rule.  Those whose predicament cannot be resolved with behavioral change.  The others you can sympathize with but you are not morally bound to fix their mess beyond emergencies.

Pasta vooke will agree with the saying God helps those who help themselves.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2015, 03:21:45 PM »
Thanks Bella for intelligently making Moonki and Terminator see how their evil thinking inspired by hatred for political leadership in Africa just has no place in our world. Why blame the victim? The victim of misery,poverty, corruption and bad leadership. Helpless victims i would say. Blame the victim. Complete utter sadism.

Nobody has asked or demanded Obama WORKS with AFRICA CORRUPT LEADERSHIP. Nobody has asked Obama to wire money through corrupt National treasuries.

We have asked Obama to figure out how really help Africa or the world poor like Bill Gates.

For instance Obama can call a governance on tropical diseases, establish a research fund of 100B dollars, and have thousands looking seriously of the many diseases affecting tropical animals and plants. Obama has power to do that by rallying US gov and rich gov that listen to US...and such fund would not crash US economy. Just look at what Bill Gates is doing rallying the very rich of US to do something.

That is what Bush did with Global fund for HIV, AIDS and TB. Bush Jnr had many such initiatives. And it begin by accepting that Africa faces problems they cannot SURMONT without external help.

Obama has failed. The little we've heard is that he has increased US funding. I say that is BULLSHIET. USAID budget increases annually because it tied to US gov budget that increases annually. So Obama has DONE NOTHING...except an Energy fund (to electricity Africa) he established that hasn't got off ground yet.
Obama has failed not just the African but more importantly his own base in the US. 

He ran on single payer health reform which never even came up for discussion. He said he will end the wars, and ended up blowing up more wedding parties than W.

I can see and understand where Africans might have expected more help from him.  Even if of questionable benefit.  He is black. 

Yet I cannot ignore that during his administration, US aid to Kenya has not only gone up.  But Kenya's proportion of the overall US aid has gone up.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2015, 05:07:20 PM »
The victim of misery, poverty, corruption and bad leadership.

Something can be done about the misery, poverty, and corruption if good leadership is there.  Now, where will such leadership come from?   "Help" from the external world or from the people themselves?  What are Africans themselves doing about the corruption and bad leadership?

Corruption in Kenya, for example, seems to be reaching new heights.   But Uhuru and Ruto were elected by Kenyans.   What is the external world supposed to do about their "leadership"?

For years and years, a place like Kenya has gone begging whenever there was a famine.   What exactly has Kenya been doing to ensure that this cycle can be put to an end?

I say that is BULLSHIET. USAID budget increases annually because it tied to US gov budget that increases annually.

This is very poor reasoning in relation to the topic at hand.   The mere fact that the USAID budget increases does not mean that everyone who gets USAID necessarily gets more.     Even taking Kenya as an example, you can find years when the USAID budget increased but aid to Kenya decreased.  On the other hand, Kenya has had large rises in aid while at the same time other countries have had large reductions.

More importantly, your statement is simply untrue and is another instance of you simply making up "facts".    USAID budget does not increase annually.  It does sometime go down; for example, it went down by 4% in 2013 and, as a result, USAID cut back its activities in several countries.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2015, 05:14:36 PM »
Africa's fundamental problems are not going to be solved by any amount of "help", and the sooner Africans get to work instead of counting on endless begging, the better off they will be.   I have, for example, given the example of corruption in Kenya.   I have yet to hear any of the "help" advocates tell us how more "help" would solve that.

Cries about blaming the victim are no more than unhelpful emotions.    If a seemingly sane man has the habit of standing in the middle of the road and getting hit by cars, one should not merely wail about "oh the poor man!".   Instead, he must be told to start using his head.   Africa continues to be run down by Africans.   Who should take the blame for that?

The African needs to stop seeing himself as some sort of perpetual victim who can never improve his lot.   

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2015, 05:42:34 PM »
Where is Obama signature Global Fund?

Again, you need to do much better in your homework.    I take it that you are not aware of Obama's Global Health Initiative, which benefits countries like Kenya and which has been around since 2009:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/Global_Health_Fact_Sheet.pdf

There is also Feed The Future:

"."

http://www.usaid.gov/news-information/press-releases/may-19-2014-usaid-unveils-results-president-obamas-feed-future-initiative

And so on.

• Enigma
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2015, 05:59:48 PM »
Africa's fundamental problems are not going to be solved by any amount of "help", and the sooner Africans get to work instead of counting on endless begging, the better off they will be.   I have, for example, given the example of corruption in Kenya.   I have yet to hear any of the "help" advocates tell us how more "help" would solve that.

Cries about blaming the victim are no more than unhelpful emotions.    If a seemingly sane man has the habit of standing in the middle of the road and getting hit by cars, one should not merely wait about "oh the poor man!".   Instead, he must be told to start using his head.   Africa continues to be run down by Africans.   Who should take the blame for that?

The African needs to stop seeing himself as some sort of perpetual victim who can never improve his lot.   
I wanted to emphasize sane.  Able bodied.  Often very well schooled.  Abroad.  He is not stupid, in spite of insinuations to the contrary.

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2015, 06:06:19 PM »
...except an Energy fund (to electricity Africa) he established that hasn't got off ground yet.

Really?   This is from a year ago, but it might help to start you on your homework:

http://www.usaid.gov/sites/default/files/documents/1860/USAID_PowerAfrica_AR_July2014.pdf

It is also helpful to stop think solely in terms of "what the government" does: Obama has managed to get the US private sector to commit far more money than was initially expected---$20 billion at last count---that the initial target has now been sharply raised (tripled in fact!).   

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2015, 01:23:44 AM »
So I will continue to assert my point that humans have a responsibility to do what is reasonably within their power to do to help those less fortunate and this is more so the more powerful they are.

Nothing wrong with that, nor do I see anybody here really disagreeing with that.   The point is that what the West or anybody external does to "help" will not make lasting changes until Africans decide to help themselves.  In any case, I don't substantial see changes in the "help" merely because it is seen as someone's responsibility, no matter how forcefully the assertion is made.  Given that, an approach other than constantly wailing for "help" is required.

On the Al Shabab thread, you write that:

".. .Corruption is a matter of our very survival now.
 The people who committed corruption in the past are the ones holding us back. We thought having a good document was enough in 2005, 2007, and 2010, but it clearly is not. The problem is our rotten dying culture and we are learning very fast that it is now a matter of life and death
."

That problem of Kenya's "survival" and its "rotten dying culture" will never be solved by outsiders, no matter how much "help" is given.  Kenyans need to work on such things instead of complaining that Obama is not doing more to help them.

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2015, 08:05:59 AM »
  I wanted to emphasize sane.  Able bodied.  Often very well schooled.  Abroad.  He is not stupid, in spite of insinuations to the contrary.
Huh??

First of all, I'd like to say that not knowing better is not the same as being stupid. It is just not knowing better. It is being unexposed or unenlightened. And it is not even debatable that the VAST majority of Kenyans and Africans are indeed so.

I'm curious just what percentage of Kenya, leave alone Africa, you believe fits your description of "often well-schooled" and "abroad"? I'm not sure we are dealing with the same definitions for "often" or "well-schooled". For example, take a look at this, hopefully sobering, bit of statistical analysis from 2012 at: http://blogs.worldbank.org/africacan/kenya-s-education-dividend

This country has 25 million people above the age of 15. About half of them (13 million) have received primary education (up from 11 million in 2000).  But the most rapid increase has been in secondary education. In 2000, Kenya had less than four million people with secondary education. This number has risen to seven million today, and is expected to triple to 20 million by 2035.  Tertiary education is also picking up from a low base and by 2020, the number of Kenyans with a university degree is also expected to exceed those without any formal education.  Before 2050, there will be a final major cross-over: by 2035, more Kenyans will have received secondary education than primary; Kenya will have 45 million people above the age of 15 (and some 70 million in total) 45 per cent will have completed secondary education, 44 per cent primary education, and six per cent university; and only five per cent of Kenyans will not have had any formal education. Just a few years ago (in 2000) three quarters of Kenyans had no or just primary education (see figure).

So you are talking about a population about which: in 1963, almost ALL had never been to any school; In 1983, the MAJORITY had never been to any school; and in just the year 2,000, 75% had either no education at all or only primary school education. Today, the majority has still only been to primary school (and lets not even start talking about the quality of that so-called primary education here), and secondary school-finishers are still way behind having just whizzed passed the "no-school-at-allers" in the year 2,000!! It is HOPED, that in 20 years (2035!!) we will have 6% of adults having had some training/education beyond high-school, and only about half (45%) will have finished secondary school by then with the other half only having had mostly primary education and still some 5% still having not had any school at all.

Are you sure the typical person you described there in that post is anywhere near the AVERAGE Kenyan, much less the average AFRICAN? Please remember that Kenya does relatively better than many other African countries. I'm sorry but it is no "insinuation" that the African populace is simply NOT politically savvy or well-disposed to understand and grapple with its developmental challenges, i.e, uneducated, unexposed, and unenlightened: It is simply fact. The opposite insinuation is, on the other hand, shocking.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2015, 08:17:30 AM »
I think we are talking past each other;
We all know Negro is corrupt and probably beyond help.
We also know the West has been helping Africa and successive US presidents have had different ideas of 'helping' Negro

Question is whether Osama has done better at attempting to help Africa than his predecessors or worse

A separate question is whether as a half-Negro he ought to have done 'more'

Moon Ki has styled himself as objective and more free of emotional posts. His main argument is Osama has done more as evidenced by 'increased aid' to Kenia so much that at some point, they could not recruit grant officers/managers fast enough to manage the additional funding'. Could he be kind enough to share with us the US aid trends to Kenia for the past 7 years?

Pundito insists Osama has done nothing. All he needs to be shown is the much Osama has done, how much of that is different from what was done by his predecessors

PS: much as I believe Negro needs 10 lightyears of evilution to turn the continent, I harbor some sense of entitlement from the West, from Osama especially.

Osama has supporters, Negroes because he is negro, Kenian because he is half-Kenian, Luos because he is half Luo, and so forth. It is quite in order to interrogate the value of such support, otherwise it is equally emotional supporting him and his visit on the basis of shared melanin/descent
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2015, 08:35:50 AM »
So I will continue to assert my point that humans have a responsibility to do what is reasonably within their power to do to help those less fortunate and this is more so the more powerful they are.

Nothing wrong with that, nor do I see anybody here really disagreeing with that.   The point is that what the West or anybody external does to "help" will not make lasting changes until Africans decide to help themselves.  In any case, I don't substantial see changes in the "help" merely because it is seen as someone's responsibility, no matter how forcefully the assertion is made.  Given that, an approach other than constantly wailing for "help" is required.

On the Al Shabab thread, you write that:

".. .Corruption is a matter of our very survival now.
 The people who committed corruption in the past are the ones holding us back. We thought having a good document was enough in 2005, 2007, and 2010, but it clearly is not. The problem is our rotten dying culture and we are learning very fast that it is now a matter of life and death
."

That problem of Kenya's "survival" and its "rotten dying culture" will never be solved by outsiders, no matter how much "help" is given.  Kenyans need to work on such things instead of complaining that Obama is not doing more to help them.
@MoonKi, no one has said that the bazungu needs to solve all of the continent's problems. Some will be solved only by father TIME and nothing more, some will be solved by a population growing up and learning, some by divine intervention (or a stroke of good luck for the atheists) in the form of that rare self-sacrificing leadership that comes around ever so rarely in human history, at the "right time". Question for me was whethere despite all this, they should do what they can. You have since said that you believe they should/do have the responsibility, which is why I'm no longer debating you. Of course Bazungu will not/can not/should not change Africa all by themselves, no arguments from me there. Like I said, humans with better fortunes do need to do what is reasonably within their power to do to help those who are much less fortunate. Advocating the opposite approach/principle seems borderline sociopathic to me, which is why I got involved in the thread. Usually, I say away from money/economic/developmental matters and its details; not my forte, though I do learn a lot from reading others.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2015, 11:20:08 AM »
So we are now on the limping argument that Obama has quietly done something for Africa and Kenya.A quick study of latest USAID budget shows..Obama has not done any of that..most of money goes to Afganistan, Ukraine and the usual suspect. USAID funding for kenya is 0.3B USD..Ethiopia receive about that too..UG and TZ about 0.2MB. That is 300MUSD..our budget is nearly 20BUSD..so that just about 1.5% of our budget..it a non-issue . As measly as FFT that gives 18 countries something 1B per annum or 50MUSD per annum.

In meantime China with chinese presidents without any africa roots just gaves us 4.5B!!! loan to build brand new rail line.

So if  I was to line up and lay welcome mat for anybody..it would be to China president.

I think we are talking past each other;
We all know Negro is corrupt and probably beyond help.
We also know the West has been helping Africa and successive US presidents have had different ideas of 'helping' Negro

Question is whether Osama has done better at attempting to help Africa than his predecessors or worse

A separate question is whether as a half-Negro he ought to have done 'more'

Moon Ki has styled himself as objective and more free of emotional posts. His main argument is Osama has done more as evidenced by 'increased aid' to Kenia so much that at some point, they could not recruit grant officers/managers fast enough to manage the additional funding'. Could he be kind enough to share with us the US aid trends to Kenia for the past 7 years?

Pundito insists Osama has done nothing. All he needs to be shown is the much Osama has done, how much of that is different from what was done by his predecessors

PS: much as I believe Negro needs 10 lightyears of evilution to turn the continent, I harbor some sense of entitlement from the West, from Osama especially.

Osama has supporters, Negroes because he is negro, Kenian because he is half-Kenian, Luos because he is half Luo, and so forth. It is quite in order to interrogate the value of such support, otherwise it is equally emotional supporting him and his visit on the basis of shared melanin/descent