Author Topic: Who remembers Hyunda's first days?  (Read 2638 times)

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Who remembers Hyunda's first days?
« on: June 30, 2015, 06:59:01 PM »
These Korean cars used to break as soon as you bought it. They were cheap. Now they are competing with Toyotas.
Toyotas used to be a piece of junk too, but now they are the top models all over the world.
Research makes a big difference.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Who remembers Hyunda's first days?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 05:06:27 PM »
has to do with learning curve in technology....... the other day Samsung was trailing likes of Nokia and Motorolla in mobile phones now they are king in Africa and Asia ....likes of Tecno, Infinix will also follow same path .....

Mwafrika fails in resilience ...always wants quick money magic thus can't benefit from learning curve dynamics
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 05:26:49 PM »
Are you suggesting that had we been resilent with the Nyayo car project we would be there where Hyundai is today?
Hard to imagine as the project was just used to swindle the state. Let us see where project ya Sweetie (NYS) will take us.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 05:37:24 PM »
the hyundais, samsung, were in the Parks' chebol which laid the path for South korea growth funded to a great extent by confiscated monies ...Now they are running the world in almost every sector

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/international-business/asian-pacific-business/south-koreas-chaebol-problem/article24116084/

it requires a whole host of ingredients not just showering monies on projects and resilience .......discipline, productive culture, maybe some luck, virgin markets  ....
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 05:44:33 PM »
Politics.

Hyundai's flagship is with the shipping industry. It was the biggest company in Korea like Ford-GE to America. They built much of Saudi Arabia's infrastructure and have close ties with the Middle East.

Hyundai got too politically involved, former president Lee was one of head honchos- a Republican supporter and friends with George Bush
 That's why Samsung who mainly made industrial cables became big. They got a lot of money from another Korean president who I think was the one who committed suicide- his son worked for Samsung and they wanted to challenge heavyweight Hyundai in the geopolitical world.

Samsung became big because they're Democrats and is supported Obama+Hollywood and I believe Samsung now is a global player in the shipping industry. Both companies are heavily involved in producing warfare stuff and this soft power sell like cars and mobile phones are not their mainstay.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 05:56:24 PM »
Another thing, Samsung is leading the world in LED lights. I'm currently working on a proposal to be the main distributor of high tech and commercial LED parts. Brushing up on my Korean. Yes I speak and read fluent Korean and you really need to be Korean to deal with Korean corporate snobs. There's currently no distributor here for that. I'd love to do that in Kenya too someday, so many individuals can save money on electricity. Light up Kenya! May not even need coal/nuclear with better solar technology. Samsung LEDs are pretty wow. You can't get that quality in China.

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 09:07:49 PM »
Another thing, Samsung is leading the world in LED lights. I'm currently working on a proposal to be the main distributor of high tech and commercial LED parts. Brushing up on my Korean. Yes I speak and read fluent Korean and you really need to be Korean to deal with Korean corporate snobs. There's currently no distributor here for that. I'd love to do that in Kenya too someday, so many individuals can save money on electricity. Light up Kenya! May not even need coal/nuclear with better solar technology. Samsung LEDs are pretty wow. You can't get that quality in China.

Agreed! Samsung is taking over the world. I only buy Samsung TV's, better quality than Sony.
"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 09:46:04 PM »
If they had pushed on kaza moyo style, they would be quite fine.
Are you suggesting that had we been resilent with the Nyayo car project we would be there where Hyundai is today?
Hard to imagine as the project was just used to swindle the state. Let us see where project ya Sweetie (NYS) will take us.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 12:43:52 PM »

In Kenya, it still makes no sense to kill your brain cells building a car when you can buy a plot keep it for a few years and reap big. Kenya we love cheaper means especially those that bring instant gratification without a vision for the future.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 03:06:51 PM »
Yes. Nyayos car could have been in the same category as Hyundai if they had kept up with research.

On the economy, Someone used to call it "economics ya mawe".
Once the building is done, nothing else.
Speculatioon will kill Kenya's economy. There is no industry to support the system in the long term.

In Kenya, it still makes no sense to kill your brain cells building a car when you can buy a plot keep it for a few years and reap big. Kenya we love cheaper means especially those that bring instant gratification without a vision for the future.