Author Topic: Let's Pray  (Read 8454 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Let's Pray
« on: March 29, 2015, 09:25:28 AM »
Good morning church,
Palm Sunday it is.
Count down to Jesus Passion, death and resurrection.
Of course this is another meaningless day since it is quite obvious Jesus was not crucified in April. My only memories for this day is the East African Safari Rally. I fell in love with speed over Easter, a habit my Empress has had to pray me out of when nagging, accident and even sulking failed.

Our reading comes from Matthew, something I can bet you will hear it severally today in churches.

Points to ponder
-Jesus entered Jerusalem knowing very well he would not leave there alive
- This is one instance where Jesus was readily received by multitudes as the Messiah, we are told the whole city was stirred
-He was received as a king and a prophet at the same time
-He also cleansed the temple of commercial activities and healed the sick and lame; the power of God flowed where previously perversion reigned.
- not everyone was impressed; the religious leaders was terribly envious of his reception

What motivated Jesus to endure all this suffering?
Hebrews 12:2English Standard Version (ESV)

2 looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

He was motivated by the 'joy set before him'.
What joy?
Isaiah 53:11 (ESV)
11 Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied;
by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant,
make many to be accounted righteous,
and he shall bear their iniquities.

Our salvation, our reconciliation to God

This Lord's Day, I want you to reflect on who Jesus be to you; a crazy Nazarene,a misguided fanatic and rabble rouser,a mythical figure, ONE of the prophets of God,the Son of God,the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.
For vooke, Jesus, that's my KING!

Shalom

And now, let us render worship to Whom it is due, Alpha and Omega (Rev 1:8)

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.