Author Topic: On American doctors and their beloved lab coats  (Read 1661 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
On American doctors and their beloved lab coats
« on: March 28, 2015, 02:21:44 AM »
They wear that shat everywhere even in public... even on top of their scrubs uniform.

I found a beautiful apartment for me, stunning views, high ceilings, spacious, top line appliances but I wasn't happy it didn't come with my own washer/dryer. I had to share it with others in a common space. I go to the leasing agent's office to sign the paperwork and lo and behold ! scrub uniforms walking their dogs, wondering around the hallways. There is no way I'm sharing laundry space with medical people. No way ! No matter how stunning the pad, no way can I tolerate work uniforms in my personal space.

Why do American doctors wear unhygienic shat in public ? It's a public health issue. Their cleaning uniform can contaminate others.

What's wrong with them? Get over yourself. Think of who you're contaminating.

Oz doctors don't wear lab coats and most (not all) leave their cleaner's uniform at work where it belongs along with all the unhygienic contaminants prevalent in hospitals. I get totally turned off when American doctors wear the full gear. Haven't they heard of the milgram experiment? Evidence-based patient centered approaches? Germs?

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar
Re: On American doctors and their beloved lab coats
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 12:39:58 AM »
It is a symbol of power , intellect and authority. Combine that with stethoscope around your neck.

They wear that shat everywhere even in public... even on top of their scrubs uniform.

I found a beautiful apartment for me, stunning views, high ceilings, spacious, top line appliances but I wasn't happy it didn't come with my own washer/dryer. I had to share it with others in a common space. I go to the leasing agent's office to sign the paperwork and lo and behold ! scrub uniforms walking their dogs, wondering around the hallways. There is no way I'm sharing laundry space with medical people. No way ! No matter how stunning the pad, no way can I tolerate work uniforms in my personal space.

Why do American doctors wear unhygienic shat in public ? It's a public health issue. Their cleaning uniform can contaminate others.

What's wrong with them? Get over yourself. Think of who you're contaminating.

Oz doctors don't wear lab coats and most (not all) leave their cleaner's uniform at work where it belongs along with all the unhygienic contaminants prevalent in hospitals. I get totally turned off when American doctors wear the full gear. Haven't they heard of the milgram experiment? Evidence-based patient centered approaches? Germs?

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 04:23:04 AM »
On the contrary. It's a symbol for insecurity.

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 12:37:42 AM »
Jealous nurse.

On the contrary. It's a symbol for insecurity.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 06:02:09 AM »
Nurses wear the exact same outfit as doctors. Lab coat over scrubs.