Author Topic: Pundit, your take on Uhurus' step aside for the mentioned?  (Read 4611 times)

Offline Higgins the genius

• VIP
  • Superstar
Pundit, your take on Uhurus' step aside for the mentioned?
« on: March 27, 2015, 12:02:44 AM »
i here even elected governors are in the report? can governors step aside or even MPs?

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Re: Pundit, your take on Uhurus' step aside for the mentioned?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 12:42:58 AM »
Interesting.   What does it mean to direct  governors, MPs, and senators---the people's elected representatives---to step aside?  Does he  even have the legal powers to do so?  Will he be appointing Acting governors, MPs, and senators?   Perhaps some Nipatean  who has taken a closer look at the relevant law can clarify that all that, but I doubt that he is on solid legal ground.

If I were to bet, it would be that the only places those people will be stepping will be into their usual fancy cars and offices  ... or into court and against Uhuru.   So, the very composition of the list suggests that it  could well turn out to be just more smoke and mirrors.: most likely, the courts will say he can't do it, and he will then claim that he tried to fight corruption but the courts stopped him.    Smart move. 
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 01:07:21 AM »
Davis Chirchir is the only guy I believe kamwana can tell to step aside or even fire him with immediate effect.  The private developer is unfortunately directly elected by the voters, real or imagined.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 03:09:39 AM »
I think he is playing politics. He should have zeroed in on civil and public servants under him. Mps, governors and people employed by counties are not answerable to .Of course Uhuru is well known weakling who is just issuing his latest threat to sack those corrupt or underperforming.

Offline Reticent Solipsist

• Superstar
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 09:51:44 AM »
This is what happens when you have at the helm folks who are impulsive or impetous. On a different thread I made an oblique statement on the personality and psychological profile of your typical African president: (s)he is simple, reflexive, emotional. Here we have Uhuru Kenyatta making what amounts to a shoot-'em-up type speech long on rhetoric and shallow on substance. Aha. He knows his people...er...electorate. It's the imagery that counts - the noble savage reacts well to such stimuli.

Everything has to be done chap chap---that's what constitutes real leadership and development in Kenya circa 2015; decisions must be made quickly, without forethought, embellished, devoid of appropriate reasoning, pandering and totally reactive.

Question worth pondering: what are the implications of such fiat in an institutional context? 

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 10:07:03 AM »
Uhuru should have acted on the list by FIRING those officials that the EACC had reported him as exerting unbearable and preponderant pressure on the Secretariat. He should have gone ahead to formally report them to the DPP and demand prosecution.

Then he should have FIRED all the others mentioned in sleazy deals and who are subject to investigation. There is no such thing as "stepping aside". As we saw the joke under the Kibaki regime where the PS for Foreign Affairs decided when he was now cleared of all offences and resumed office at will only to be charged later - a case like many that remains bogged down by adjournments waiting for a good day when Kenyans are preoccupied with something like Watergate to read out a corruption induced acquittal!

To support Pundit and the others who have said the same thing: Uhuru has no power to "fire" a governor. He set the precedent by REFUSING to resign the DPM post when he quit the Finance docket. He argued that it was a political position. Governors will argue the same way and use his case as a precedent.

That said, the list is subjective. It does not have to contain only the names of those under investigation by the EACC. We have other people mentioned in the media. For example the case of the KAA leadership is an affront to the people's perceptions of justice.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 10:48:19 AM »
It nothing but PR. Uhuru knows his people very well. He knows Kenyans will forget his words the minute another new topic comes up.
BTW corruption has never been an issue during elections. Kenyans assume all politicians are corrupt, so Uhuru just has to hoodwink Kenyans for 2 years and then we are in election period then he can change to tribal modus.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 02:35:48 PM »
It nothing but PR. Uhuru knows his people very well. He knows Kenyans will forget his words the minute another new topic comes up.
BTW corruption has never been an issue during elections. Kenyans assume all politicians are corrupt, so Uhuru just has to hoodwink Kenyans for 2 years and then we are in election period then he can change to tribal modus.

He is already halfway to success with his little con: the media is leading the mindless cheerleading.   For example, the Daily Nation led with "", but the body of the article does not have the slightest hint of any plan for anything:

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Uhurus-bold-plan-to-tackle-graft-crime/-/1064/2667068/-/9u5749/-/index.html
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 06:13:35 PM »
If he was serious he can ask anyone to step aside, all he has to do is publicly ask them. But the guy is not serious. He speaks but does not act, so nobody takes him serious.

• Superstar
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 02:44:22 AM »

He is already halfway to success with his little con: the media is leading the mindless cheerleading.   For example, the Daily Nation led with "", but the body of the article does not have the slightest hint of any plan for anything:

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Uhurus-bold-plan-to-tackle-graft-crime/-/1064/2667068/-/9u5749/-/index.html

The media should have posed the following question to Uhuru: Mr.President, your family is the beneficiary of hundreds of thousands of acres tof former white land and government land that were originally intended for the resettlement of hundreds of thousand landless Kenyans. Records in our possession indicate that Britain spent hundreds of millions on the land resettlement program. Could you assure Kenyans that the redistribution exercise was not mired in corruption that directly benefited your family? And, Mr.President, refrain from the condescending 'willing-buyer-willing-seller' malarkey.

So it is said that Uhuru has a....' bold plan to tackle graft....' really? But then again, there are the rabid and fawning Uhuru groupies who consider Uhuru deity and will believe whatever the infallible one tells them.

Or, maybe, Uhuru is a moral guy who finds himself doing amoral things every so often, but at heart is truly serious about tackling corruption in Kenya. Heck, you know, "great leaders" have to be somewhat ambigous -- With this in mind, last week I appointed Chris Okemo, a man wanted for corruption in Guernsey and the Isle of Jersey, to serve as CEO of Kenya Seed Company.

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 04:42:56 AM »
Reticent Solipsist,

I take it that kamwana has not heard the objections by KNCHR.  Or he, like EACC does not give much weight to bazungu approaches on these matters.  Preferring the kienyeji way.  Maybe, Okemo should heed his call and step aside, whatever that means.
THE Kenya National Commission on Human Rights objections to the presidential appointment of one-time Finance minister Chris Okemo to the Board of the Kenya Seed Company should be supported.

KNCHR has urged President Uhuru Kenyatta to rescind the state corporation appointment, pointing out that Okemo faces multiple charges of money laundering and misconduct in public office, in UK jurisdiction.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201503250767.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 09:59:03 AM »
Aside from politics, i wonder under what legal provision was EACC sharing confidential information with president and if this will not eventually jeopardise the cases when the suspects arraigned in court alleges political interference.

EACC, Police, DPP and many independent commission created have yet to internalize that they are meant to independently do their job without reference to Uhuru.

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 02:57:24 PM »
People, lets face it. The way I see it, Uhuru has no moral authority to ask people to step aside on the basis of mere allegations/adverse mentions when he and his deputy have kept office despite prosecutions for some of the worst crimes imaginable. That's a tad more than mention in an investigative report. The very moment Uhuru was sworn into office, ICC notwithstanding, the whole culture of "step aside for investigations" that had began to take root under NARA came to a screeching halt, the spirit of chapter six mutilated. It can only be revived with a presidency carrying 95% less baggage than is carried by this one. People actually able to demand and expect resignation with a straight face. This presidency simply has no moral leg to stand on because of ICC and Uhuru knows it. That's why he issues many threats/PR but no follow up.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

• Superstar
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 11:50:38 PM »
Reticent Solipsist,

I take it that kamwana has not heard the objections by KNCHR.  Or he, like EACC does not give much weight to bazungu approaches on these matters.  Preferring the kienyeji way.  Maybe, Okemo should heed his call and step aside, whatever that means.
THE Kenya National Commission on Human Rights objections to the presidential appointment of one-time Finance minister Chris Okemo to the Board of the Kenya Seed Company should be supported.

KNCHR has urged President Uhuru Kenyatta to rescind the state corporation appointment, pointing out that Okemo faces multiple charges of money laundering and misconduct in public office, in UK jurisdiction.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201503250767.html

WCA -

Uhuru is ethically challenged; fighting corruption by appointing a corrupt person in Okemo. Clearly, Uhuru wouldn't know ethics if it hit him in the face. Blame it on his alleles.

Re - Integrity and governance-- Uhuru has done nary a thing here-- all credit is due to Tony Blair, who happens to be Uhuru's principal advisor on governance and strategic planning issues. The erstwhile PM of the 'declining powers' infamy, also advises the other noble savage, Kagame, on the same subject.

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 04:28:02 PM »
People, lets face it. The way I see it, Uhuru has no moral authority to ask people to step aside on the basis of mere allegations/adverse mentions when he and his deputy have kept office despite prosecutions for some of the worst crimes imaginable. That's a tad more than mention in an investigative report. The very moment Uhuru was sworn into office, ICC notwithstanding, the whole culture of "step aside for investigations" that had began to take root under NARA came to a screeching halt, the spirit of chapter six mutilated. It can only be revived with a presidency carrying 95% less baggage than is carried by this one. People actually able to demand and expect resignation with a straight face. This presidency simply has no moral leg to stand on because of ICC and Uhuru knows it. That's why he issues many threats/PR but no follow up.
No he doesn't.  Uhuru has always been the wrong option for Kenya on many levels.  Some people can learn from examples.  Others need to get it from the school of hard knocks and bumps.  I'd say Kenyans fall in the latter category.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 05:46:16 PM »
Can they bring a special prosecutor legislation?
Seems like theres soo much corruption that most people are not afraid of being arrested.