Author Topic: Cheap House Loans For The Eating Class  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Cheap House Loans For The Eating Class
« on: March 26, 2015, 05:18:28 PM »
In the overall scheme of things, this is peanuts.  Yet, I am trying to wrap my head around this.  I used to think some of these perks were used to minimize corruption.  It is established that doesn't work. 

How many times should Karangi, Githu, among others get cheap mortgages from Wanijku?  Does that mean that they did not previously get this perk?  Does it make any sense for Wanjiku's money to be spent like this? 
Taxpayers will pay billions of shillings to finance cheap mortgage loans of up to Sh40 million each for cabinet secretaries, governors, the attorney general and other senior State officers.
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Governors-and-ministers-get-billions-in-cheap-house-loans/-/539546/2665734/-/jphjog/-/index.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Cheap House Loans For The Eating Class
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 06:07:53 PM »
Termie,
You weep too much for the Negro
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 06:17:51 PM »
Termie,
You weep too much for the Negro
I love the Negro.  I am from the school that believe he is owed tough love.  But this is pure curiosity.  I know the Negro hates to be compared to the West.  Sometimes justifiably.  Oftentimes out of sheer Negritude. 

I don't recall anytime reading about bazungu leaders in wealthier countries snacking every now and then from Wanjiku.  Some rich guys will even let the perks slide and work for a dollar a year.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 06:59:44 PM »
I hate the perks but the regular guy seems to think it o.k.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 07:13:08 PM »
In the overall scheme of things, this is peanuts. 

I don't see it that way.    Consider, for example, the effect that shit has on the health of Kenyans, and ask how many toilets could be built in, say, Nairobi for that.    How many clean-water facilities could be provided for that?   Etc.   Etc.   Etc.

The other thing is that just about everyone in government, county or national, seems to be getting all sorts of perks, merely by claiming that they are big and important people.   All the "peanuts", here and there, do add up: the country is spending a lot of money that could be put to better use in solving real problems.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 07:45:17 PM »
40million is peanuts?
Its enough to make most rural roads passable.
That can buy me a mansion in Karen or upstate NY

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 08:28:53 PM »
I meant peanuts from the perspective of the overall budget.  I realize how problematic that is.  Because, by the same logic it is peanuts to equip every major hospital in all the counties with a radiotherapy machine; but that will not happen.

Harriet Tubman