Author Topic: MPs United Against PAC  (Read 1613 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
MPs United Against PAC
« on: March 23, 2015, 05:22:43 PM »

When Midiwo and Duale are united, Wanjiku is doubly screwed.  It has to be when two people with no moral authority to speak on corruption come together.  Midiwo and Duale as the "voices against corruption" is a national disaster.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: MPs United Against PAC
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 05:56:43 PM »
The saying is: When two demons agree on anything, righteous men must seek God in a hurry!
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 09:39:55 PM »
Is there an integrity committee in parliament or its free for all?

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 01:42:43 PM »
The argument by MPs is that everybody is eating and eating using the powers and position they have been given. Civil servants under Uhuru have never had it so nice. So the MPs are maximizing their opportunities.

Chapter Six is dead everywhere. Besides one needs a robust institution to enforce ethics and standards. EACC has failed and it is a joke to expect thieves to police fellow thieves.

What may eventually work is to multiply investigative bodies with cross cutting jurisdictions. The US, UK etc have multiple bodies who in fact end up spying on each other and competing for attention.

However between me and you it is the mwananchi. The day he stops glorifying thieves and instead shames them is the day this thing will slow down.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 03:37:39 PM »
The argument by MPs is that everybody is eating and eating using the powers and position they have been given. Civil servants under Uhuru have never had it so nice. So the MPs are maximizing their opportunities.

Chapter Six is dead everywhere. Besides one needs a robust institution to enforce ethics and standards. EACC has failed and it is a joke to expect thieves to police fellow thieves.

What may eventually work is to multiply investigative bodies with cross cutting jurisdictions. The US, UK etc have multiple bodies who in fact end up spying on each other and competing for attention.

However between me and you it is the mwananchi. The day he stops glorifying thieves and instead shames them is the day this thing will slow down.
Omollo,

I am convinced even declaring corruption a capital offense won't change the Kenyan politician or power broker.  It will just raise the stakes.  Shifting more power to eat to the judges.  In Kenya is a cultural problem.

One option might be to consider outsourcing the handling of corruption cases to external entities.  Some foreign country.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman