Author Topic: Let's Pray  (Read 9492 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Let's Pray
« on: March 22, 2015, 09:08:07 AM »
Good morning church,
Our message for today is HARDEN NOT YOUR HEARTS
]Acts 2:37-39 (KJV)
 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Peter has just finished delivering a powerful sermon on the day of Pentecost. The message has sunk, the listeners are pricked and they want to know what next. Peter prescribes REPENTANCE and BAPTISM for the forgiveness of their sins, and after that, they would receive the gift of God, the Holy Spirit. Thousands heeded to the message.

I been there, quite fascinated or is it entertained by hearing or reading the word. Then am convicted of how far I have fallen. But instead of falling on my knees in repentance, I resisted, acted so hard to appear INDIFFERENT to the Word of God. There is a guy who sat hearing Paul preach, hear how he responded;

Acts 26:28-29 (KJV)
Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian. 29 And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds

ALMOST Christian. They be many...excited enough just not won over yet. And it goes on and on. We don't know what became of Agrippa, whether he converted but it is clear Paul was not always there to persuade him.

Usually, like a drug, we develop tolerance of the Word, resistance, stubbornness where the persuasive power of the Word diminishes with time. This condition is perfectly captured in these verses;
Hebrews 3:7-8 (KJV)
Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, 8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

And the consequences for stubbornness;
Proverbs 29:1 (KJV) ?
1 He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck,
shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.

The point is, the most stubborn/hardened tend to be the ones most exposed to the Word. I pray that this is not your portion today

Have a blessed Lord's Day as you worship the King of Kings

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Let's Pray
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 03:52:47 PM »
I found myself dancing out of control to Edel Kweyu on the train.  Kenyan musicians should channel a fusion of ohangla and isukuti or quit music and find something they are good at.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman