Author Topic: KAM Members distribution across sectors  (Read 2554 times)

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
KAM Members distribution across sectors
« on: March 20, 2015, 04:45:57 PM »
What does tell us about our manufacturing sector?

http://www.kam.co.ke/index.php/kam-sectors
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: KAM Members distribution across sectors
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 08:03:49 AM »
For a country that has so many cattle..i think more than 20m...we are doing badly in leather industry sector.

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 09:00:54 AM »
For a country that has so many cattle..i think more than 20m...we are doing badly in leather industry sector.

Why and how do we make the industry competitive?

How has bata shoe survived all those years?

Without Prejudice.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 10:32:50 AM »
Easy follow Italy [heard of Italian leather] then China and now Ethiopia.Stop exporting hides and skins. And start manufacturing shoes. Ethiopia want to produce 1 in every 10 shoes worldwide in few years time. I can bet..we have more cattle, sheeps, goats and camels than Ethiopia.

Why and how do we make the industry competitive?

How has bata shoe survived all those years?

Without Prejudice.

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 11:41:52 AM »
Stop exporting hides and skins. I can bet..we have more cattle, sheeps, goats and camels than Ethiopia.

I know that and it not what i asked you because the gov has made export of hides and skins uncompetitive through taxes,

My question is here-->
And start manufacturing shoes.

How do we make our leather products (not just shoes) competitive locally and internationally?Case in point is out of the 38MN shoes demanded annually,Only 4MN are manufactured locally,How do these local manufacturers break even?

Without Prejudice.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 12:59:06 PM »
govt has to play its role on the demand side..... like in the leather industry let us buy army, police and NYS boots from local manufacturer(s) ..that way the manufacturer(s) will have enough working capital to import chinese technology to copy any shoe designs and make them cheaply here

local manufacturers have also to stop overpricing their sh@ .....we have 10 million school kids needing shoes each year ..there is no reason why these jua kali guys should be pricing their uninspiring shoes at minimum Kshs. 800 that is fockng 8 dollars while mutumba/chinese have offerings from Kshs 100
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 03:39:36 PM »
Precisely. This has to be done by a county given national gov is a sleep. A county with lots of livestocks can decide to invite investors and as incentive buy free shoes for every school going kid...that way the investors can build capacity.
govt has to play its role on the demand side..... like in the leather industry let us buy army, police and NYS boots from local manufacturer(s) ..that way the manufacturer(s) will have enough working capital to import chinese technology to copy any shoe designs and make them cheaply here

local manufacturers have also to stop overpricing their sh@ .....we have 10 million school kids needing shoes each year ..there is no reason why these jua kali guys should be pricing their uninspiring shoes at minimum Kshs. 800 that is fockng 8 dollars while mutumba/chinese have offerings from Kshs 100

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 08:41:28 AM »
Governors have a very large role to play,If they give school uniform to primary school children made from cotton from their counties and shoes from livestock from their counties,they will improve agriculture,manufacturing,create jobs and increase revenue while the quality of life will be improved  that's the way to move Kenya forward,

Without Prejudice.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 04:29:04 AM »
What does tell us about our manufacturing sector?

http://www.kam.co.ke/index.php/kam-sectors

Highest:  Food & Beverages  181  24%

Lowest:  Fresh Produce 4  1%

What does it tell us?   Kenyans like to eat and drink, but nothing has to be fresh?    :D :) :D

MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 04:59:22 AM »
They have to build Kshs 500million governor mansions first.

Governors have a very large role to play,If they give school uniform to primary school children made from cotton from their counties and shoes from livestock from their counties,they will improve agriculture,manufacturing,create jobs and increase revenue while the quality of life will be improved  that's the way to move Kenya forward,

Without Prejudice.