Author Topic: Pundit, Did You See This Tender Anywhere?  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Pundit, Did You See This Tender Anywhere?
« on: March 17, 2015, 09:58:02 PM »
The first time I am hearing of it.
NAIROBI: The High Court has annulled the decision by Public Procurement Administrative Review Board ( PPARB) to award Sh211 million Nairobi County data centre tender to a bidder who had not won the lucrative deal.
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/thecounties/article/2000155138/high-court-cancels-sh200-million-nairobi-county-data-centre-tender
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
Re: Pundit, Did You See This Tender Anywhere?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 01:01:33 PM »
What stood out in the story.  The notion of a 2 million dollar data-center as a solution to ghost workers. 

It looks like Kidero has been convinced by someone that if you have a ghost worker issue, you need a 2 million dollar data-center.

The drama behind the story aside, the governor of the nation's capital is convinced it is a technology problem rather than a fraud and accountability problem.  I found that curious.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 05:43:45 PM »
Data centre to weed out ghost workers!
Surely even the journalist should be ashamed of writing such a sentence.

What stood out in the story.  The notion of a 2 million dollar data-center as a solution to ghost workers. 

It looks like Kidero has been convinced by someone that if you have a ghost worker issue, you need a 2 million dollar data-center.

The drama behind the story aside, the governor of the nation's capital is convinced it is a technology problem rather than a fraud and accountability problem.  I found that curious.

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 10:53:25 PM »
Data centre to weed out ghost workers!
Surely even the journalist should be ashamed of writing such a sentence.

Given Kidero's proud tradition of never letting an opportunity to eat slip by, I am loathe to doubt the journalist's report.  It would be interesting to see what this tender was actually about.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 03:43:01 PM »
Sorry for late response. Been incredibly busy lately. Never heard of the contract but i must say the e-payment thing by Kidero's Deputy Governor will curb small time corruptions by junior staff...parking and suchs fraud..which when scaled...are mega.

Obviously big time corruption by big boys including in this very same system meant to weed graft will continue.

It such irony really. Why do you need 2M dollar data center to handle maybe 200,000 customers?