Author Topic: Let's Pray  (Read 8679 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Let's Pray
« on: March 15, 2015, 08:58:37 AM »
Good morning church,
Revelation 1:3 (KJV)
 (KJV) Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Today I want to encourage us to devote some of our time and study the Word of God.
Many times our knowledge of scriptures comes from religious paraphernalia such as sermons, devotionals,commentaries,concordances,e-cards and so forth. While these are not wrong in themselves, they may at times stand between us and the very Word of God.

Forget my sermons, grab a bible and dig. This verse carries promises of blessings for reading and hearing it. Am sure it covers more than Revelation.

But what/where should you start? A valid question. I will propose random portions that come to mind; Luke 23- 24 a total of 109 verses.

Please make it a habit of studying the Word of God.
Go over those 'common' verses such as John 3:16. Read 5 verse before and after any verse you have memorized and you will be surprised MOST of them are quoted out of context. This is how I bust the tithing myth.

Have a blessed Lord's Day as you study and meditate on His Word(Psalms 1:1-3). And remember God EXALTS His Word ABOVE His Name meaning He takes His Word far much seriously than you think
Psalms 138:2 (KJV)
 2 I will worship toward thy holy temple,
and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth:
for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.