Author Topic: Let's Pray  (Read 8845 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Let's Pray
« on: March 08, 2015, 09:17:02 AM »
Good morning church,

Revelation 11:8 (KJV)
And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified

Revelation is full of allegories and symbols but I strongly believe this verse is as literal as Jesus-wept verse. My reasons are, the author (John) identifies the specific location with a historical event, 'where our Lord was crucified'. He also tells us that the designation Sodom and Egypt is 'spiritual'.

There is a verse in Ecclesiastes chapter 7, 'the end of a matter is better than the beginning'. Of course there are exceptions and I can't think of a better one than Jerusalem. This verse above is the LAST we hear of Jerusalem in the scriptures. Turns out that Jerusalem is called Sodom and Egypt.

Sodom of course we know was destroyed utterly because of their depravity while Egypt was judged for holding Israel captive for several hundred years. Let's just say that calling Jerusalem Sodom and Egypt is not flattering.

That the names Sodom and Egypt are 'spiritual' means you are not going to see modern slavery in Israel/Egypt or depravity (sexual) as we had in Sodom. It is quite probable that the worst corruption of the message of the cross will come form Israel.

This is quite shocking given the glorious past Jerusalem has enjoyed. One only needs to read Psalms

Psalms 122:6-9 (KJV)
6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
they shall prosper that love thee.
7 Peace be within thy walls,
and prosperity within thy palaces.
8 For my brethren and companions' sakes,
I will now say, Peace be within thee.
9 Because of the house of the Lord our God
I will seek thy good.

Psalms 137:5 (KJV)
 5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem,
let my right hand forget her cunning.
6 If I do not remember thee,
let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth;
 if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.

I understand that Israel and Jerusalem are so dear to most Christians and this affects our hermeneutics. We can't entertain God's wrath poured against Israel or Jerusalem. We have powerful theological constructs such as Dispensationalism that predicts a rebuilt temple and reinstatement of Levitical priesthood right in Israel!

I want to end by aksin you, will your latter be greater than your past? Am not talking about being filthy rich in your sunset years but rather your walk with God. Judas latter was worse; the guy who was given powers to cast out demons committed suicide a few months later. Paul's latter was definitely better than his past.

Amen and Amen

Have a super blessed Lord's Day as you worship Him in the beauty of His Holiness(Psalms 96:9)

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.