Author Topic: Matemu Could Go  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Matemu Could Go
« on: March 05, 2015, 02:40:50 PM »
The musical chairs at EACC. The idea is to ensure nobody stays long enough to grow horns. So they hire people with internal wounds and wait for them to bleed to death.

- See more at: http://www.the-star.co.ke/article/matemu-supreme-court-over-eacc-job-today#sthash.gPyWNp0m.dpuf
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Matemu Could Go
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 05:24:58 PM »
EACC is a complete wash.  A band-aid solution.  A waste of money.  Should be disbanded.  If there is no culture of integrity, it doesn't matter how many new institutions are created to fight corruption.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 06:09:43 PM »
EACC is a complete wash.  A band-aid solution.  A waste of money.  Should be disbanded.  If there is no culture of integrity, it doesn't matter how many new institutions are created to fight corruption.

EACC's management believes they are doing one heck of a job:

* They have arrested a few traffic cops for taking bribes; just looking at news articles, I count about six coppers in the last few years.  They also arrested a guy asking for bribes at a sugar factory

* No one will disagree that they have a fantastic record in "quizzing" people and "recording statements".

Just today they announced an important arrest: http://www.the-star.co.ke/article/eacc-nabs-health-officer-receiving-sh10000-bribe-clinical-certificates#sthash.AxaleilV.dpbs

As President Kibaki would say, kazi iendelee.   

:D
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 07:01:58 PM »
Matemu has lasted just about long enough. If he stays longer then the entire charade will be dissolved and a new one started in a way that kills all on-going cases.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 07:18:00 PM »
Kenya lost its best chance to fight corruption during Kibaki's first term, and, at the present rate, it will be a long time before it gets back to that position.    Kibaki came into power with enormous goodwill, and he said all the right things at the start.     That encouraged people.   President & people determined to do right.   Or so it seemed.

One of my strongest memories of that time was being in a matatu from the outskirts of Kisumu to the city centre.   A copper stopped the matatu for a bribe.   The passengers gave him a mouthful, and a couple chased him the road.  And I heard of similar happenings elsewhere: citizens finally standing up.   A year later, on the same route, it was back to business as usual---because Kibaki had already gone back to business as usual.

Uhuru could actually guarantee himself a second term simply by cracking down hard on corruption.    He is either unwilling or unable to do so.   Perhaps too many of his friends are involved, including some who helped him with a certain little criminal matter. It's certainly hard to understand how he can tell people that the head of the corruption-snake is in his own office, action will be taken, and watu wajipange!, and then absolutely nothing happens. 

MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 07:30:38 PM »
They get paid to do NOTHING!!!
Arrest a few cops and they are guaranteed pay.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 05:29:33 PM »
Allow private criminal investigation and prosecutions so folks, NGOS and anyone with facts can take these goons down. Right from school head in primary school stealing from parents..all the way to ministers..people have facts...what they need is just the power to launch graft cases without any filling fee.

Fighting entrenched corruption ought to be everyone business.

EACC and DPP will never have the capacity to do this...

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 06:38:07 PM »
Pundit. They have the capacity, its just that they either dont put enough effort, or there is no political push to do it. Since this office was established nothing has come to fruition. Lumumba left with Shs 24million plus in his pocket he had Zero prosecution. So did everyone.
Private prosecution can come in terms of civil cases.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 06:44:37 PM »
The media has given the hearing a suspicious blackout

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 11:08:13 PM »
Pundit. They have the capacity, its just that they either dont put enough effort, or there is no political push to do it. Since this office was established nothing has come to fruition. Lumumba left with Shs 24million plus in his pocket he had Zero prosecution. So did everyone.
Private prosecution can come in terms of civil cases.
The capacity has always been there.  Even before EACC.  What is missing is the motivation.  The will.  If the will is there, a mere department in the CID is enough to tackle the mess.

The protagonists are so tainted themselves the most they can do is make grand proclamations.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman