Author Topic: EACC Will NOT Use UK Chickengate Evidence  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
EACC Will NOT Use UK Chickengate Evidence
« on: March 03, 2015, 12:42:46 AM »

Investigations to be carried the African way.  Not the bazungu way.  Does one get prizes for guessing how this will go?
Matemu says the commission cannot rely on the evidence acquired in the United Kingdom where two officials of the UK based firm, Smith & Ouzman said to have bribed Kenyans election officials, were prosecuted and jailed for three years.

The EACC head advises against agitation for people's blood. 
"I would urge that we don't agitate for people's blood... these are investigations which have international components," he stated. "There is a law on international legal assistance; we cannot issue a legal request for mutual legal assistance. It is dependent on the cooperation which we have established."

Corruption in the tendering process broke bazungu law.  Does that necessarily mean that it broke the spirit of African law?
EACC detectives want to establish how the election materials tendering process awarded to the UK firm was carried out and whether the law was breached.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201502250599.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: EACC Will NOT Use UK Chickengate Evidence
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 06:36:20 AM »
They get paid don't they?
How many have big crimes have been brought to court since inception?

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 04:38:24 PM »
They get paid don't they?
How many have big crimes have been brought to court since inception?
While chickengate is small fry, they have brought as many big crimes to court as the kienyeji approach will permit.  I gather they have grilled quite a few officials.

EACC's latest announcement should clear any misunderstanding that may have been caused by this earlier one.
Speaking after the sentencing of the two Smith & Ouzman directors, the EACC said it was waiting for the evidence file from the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) in the UK in order to finalise its investigations into the case and forward its findings to the Directorate of Public Prosecutions (DPP) for action.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Chicken-men-sent-to-jail-by-UK-court/-/1056/2622296/-/uwo40nz/-/index.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 06:49:14 PM »
EACC is just PR no substance behind it.
Mateemu like his predecessors before him will leave office having made big preclamations and nothing to show of it.

Offline Mintos

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 07:21:20 PM »
The way I see it, this case is closed Matemu is just giving a prelude to the conclusion of their "infestikeshens". If there will be anything, it is Trevy who will be in the hot soup and will simmer or boil peke yake in it.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 08:30:22 PM »
Kenya sometimes looks like a comedy passing for a country.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.