Author Topic: KRA now say devolution best thing to happen  (Read 1516 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
KRA now say devolution best thing to happen
« on: March 01, 2015, 10:46:10 AM »
http://www.nation.co.ke/business/Counties-remit-Sh14bn-monthly-earning-rare-praise-from-taxman/-/996/2638652/-/if5830z/-/index.html

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: KRA now say devolution best thing to happen
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 02:07:24 PM »
figures -esp tax figures - don't lie... despite the bastardisation attempts by various vested interests devolution is gradually proving to defend itself with tangible results

but what does this bit by Maina tell us about our capitalist.... are our capitalists are this mean? I thought disease and lack of competent labour are really holding down meaningful development .. hospital bills are impoverishing kenyans in a week ... I am seeing fund appeals all over for dead and dying ...very few Kenyans can afford a medical bill past 200k ... or should industrialists be interested on roads, energy, water ...infrastructure only 

interested in better infrastructure which would have a significant impact on the economy and hence yield more revenue
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 02:37:04 PM »
Devolution is sure way..whether you look at it from political or economic view point.

Hospital bills..we need to find out formulae towards a National Health Insurance System....NHIF need to be reformed and made as big as UK's NHS or Obama care.

figures -esp tax figures - don't lie... despite the bastardisation attempts by various vested interests devolution is gradually proving to defend itself with tangible results

but what does this bit by Maina tell us about our capitalist.... are our capitalists are this mean? I thought disease and lack of competent labour are really holding down meaningful development .. hospital bills are impoverishing kenyans in a week ... I am seeing fund appeals all over for dead and dying ...very few Kenyans can afford a medical bill past 200k ... or should industrialists be interested on roads, energy, water ...infrastructure only 

interested in better infrastructure which would have a significant impact on the economy and hence yield more revenue

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 03:04:18 PM »
The only sectors still not showing tangible benefits from Devolution are those that are actively resisting it! The Ministry of Lands for example. Though revenue has clearly increased, still has not fully benefitted because it resists measures to open it up for scrutiny.

Add the National Government which instead of winding down the Provincial Administration and loaning powers to Governors continues to run parallel systems. Think of the monies expended by County Commissioners and all the bloated bureaucracy they control which has no benefit to residence. I have no idea what a DO is doing in my home area other than sleeping with people's wives.

Devolution is sure way..whether you look at it from political or economic view point.

Hospital bills..we need to find out formulae towards a National Health Insurance System....NHIF need to be reformed and made as big as UK's NHS or Obama care.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread