Author Topic: Alfred Mutua gets vote of confidence as Gelian Hotel opens  (Read 1793 times)

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Alfred Mutua gets vote of confidence as Gelian Hotel opens
« on: February 22, 2015, 03:26:57 PM »
The Gelian Hotel located next to the Machakos County Assembly is so far the tallest building in the town. 

The hotel, which is the official sponsor of the Masaku Sevens this year, has a capacity of 100 rooms.

It also has a gym, swimming pool and a club, which can host 250 people at a go.

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/Machakos-new-8-storey-hotel-set-for-opening/-/539550/2629138/-/m74mgez/-/index.html
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: Alfred Mutua gets vote of confidence as Gelian Hotel opens
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 03:28:42 PM »
Jubilee games. They flopped in Homa Bay so they take them to Ukambani.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 03:45:40 PM »
which games? this is a businessman/men having confidence in a formerly dusty town.... hotel, 100 rooms, club... equals around 50 direct jobs created and many more indirect ones for those supplying eggs, bread, beer....

are Jubilee games in Kisumu too?
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 05:05:46 PM »
Yeap lots of folks nowadays see machakos as their gate-away.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 07:23:44 PM »
I have to confess I did not read the article. By coincidence I had been reading the Standard which had a screaming headline with the same "confidence" thing and I made the blunder of assuming it was the same. I am just allergic to politicians meeting and creating imaginary posts for whoever is bankrolling them :
Machakos, Kenya: A section of legislators drawn from the three counties of Ukambani have now endorsed Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua as the region's political leader ahead of the 2017 general election.

The MPs, who converged at Kinyui grounds in Matungulu constituency on Dr Mutua's invitation to launch a multi-billion water project at the weekend, said time has come for the youthful governor to liberate the community from political wilderness.

They included Eng Vincent Musyoka (Mwala), Victor Munyaka (Machakos Town), Itwiku Mbai (Masinga), John Munuve (Mwingi North), Richard Makenga (Kaiti), Regina Ndambuki (Kilome) and Rachael Nyamai (Kitui South). Other leaders present were, former MPs Kalembe Ndile (Kibwezi) and Moffat Maitha (Kangundo). Addressing the gathering, Dr Munyaka and Makenga revealed a political movement aimed at propelling Dr Mutua as the community's political leader, and urged former Vice President Kalonzo Musyoka to retire from politics.

Read more at: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/thecounties/article/2000152541/mps-now-want-mutua-to-replace-kalonzo-as-region-s-political-kingpin
which games? this is a businessman/men having confidence in a formerly dusty town.... hotel, 100 rooms, club... equals around 50 direct jobs created and many more indirect ones for those supplying eggs, bread, beer....

are Jubilee games in Kisumu too?
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread