Author Topic: Let's Pray  (Read 9000 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Let's Pray
« on: February 22, 2015, 09:50:45 AM »
Good morning church,

Jesus is God and Lord
That's the title of my message.
John 20:26 (KJV)
And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God

There is an old song that went like, 'why worry when you can pray....don't be a doubting Thomas...why worry,why worry when you can pray....'

I believe Thomas has been wrongly characterized as a skeptic for not believing in the resurrection yet no disciple looked forward to resurrection. All of them was so downcast after witnessing the Passion on Friday. They were in the first stages of mourning. This is why Jesus had to appear to them post-resurrection to strengthen their faith. They had completely forgotten about his multiple reassurances of resurrection. But earlier on Sunday when the women first met the resurrected Christ and shared this with the disciples, it appeared to them as fables or they was dreaming (Luke 24:10-11). Everybody at some point doubted the post-resurrection appearance of Jesus. Tomaso was not alone.

Eight days after resurrection,Jesus appears to some of the disciples and Tomaso was not among them. He refused to believe till he had seen the Resurrected Christ and felt him just to confirm he was not hallucinating.

And Jesus did just that. Tomaso exclaimed 'MY GOD AND MY LORD'. This is probably the clearest scripture where Jesus is called God.

But some are still not convinced that Jesus is God; they claim that Tomaso was WRONG and blasphemous. If this was so, Jesus ought to have corrected him. He is on record correcting their errors like say in Acts 1 where they sought to know when he would restore the Kingdom of Israel. So by not rebuking Tomaso, he consented to being God and Lord at least to Tomaso. Others claim that the narrative was a late insertion into the 'original' John. My charge is, present us the 'original' John

Why would a serial monotheistic Jew call a man, another Jew God? Either they was BOTH blaspheming or Jesus is God.  Jesus claiming equality with God,claiming to be God is what irked the Jews the most. It is interesting that Muslims have no problem with any other title or office Jesus holds. It is his claim to be God that drives them mad.

So, today, the Lord's Day, settle it in your spirit that Jesus is BOTH God and Lord. That's who you worship, God MANIFESTED in the flesh (1 Tim 3:16)
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.