Author Topic: Security Bill Ruling Pushed to Monday  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Security Bill Ruling Pushed to Monday
« on: February 20, 2015, 07:20:06 PM »
Ruling pushed to Monday for reasons beyond the Mutungaroo court. 
The High Court has pushed its ruling on Cord's case challenging the new security laws to Monday.

Justice Isaac Lenaola said the case will be polished over the weekend.

"We are pushing the ruling of this case for reasons beyond us," he told the press at the court on Friday.

Cord complained that Jubilee broke all the rules of procedure in the National Assembly to pass the Security Laws (Amendment) Bill.

President Uhuru Kenyatta signed the bill into law on December 19, 2014 after Parliament passed it during a chaotic session the previous day.

Cord filed a petition in the High Court a few days later.

The court suspended eight clauses pending the hearing and determination of the case.

Cord says the government is trying to claw back on the freedoms granted by the new constitution.

They told the court that the Security Laws Amendment Act infringes on the Bill of Rights, in particular the freedom of expression, freedom of the media, right to fair trial, right to privacy and right to security.

Cord sees the new law as misuse by the ruling coalition of its majority in the House.
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/high-court-pushes-security-law-ruling-monday
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: Security Bill Ruling Pushed to Monday
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 03:26:12 PM »
They need time to re-stock teargas.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Security Bill Ruling Pushed to Monday
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 04:49:18 PM »
They need time to re-stock teargas.
Lenaola says they are polishing the ruling.  It has to be some last minute external interference.  That is how three judges discover only on the long awaited day, that they need one extra day to polish things.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman