Author Topic: Anglo Leasing Deadline  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Anglo Leasing Deadline
« on: February 19, 2015, 10:30:00 PM »
I am a complete greenhorn in what is at stake here.  What is the this deadline on this Anglo-leasing saga about?  What is it supposed to accomplish?  What does one gain by putting a deadline on the case failure to which it is closed?
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Graft-team-given-nine-days-on-Anglo-Leasing/-/1056/2629540/-/11x8xvxz/-/index.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Re: Anglo Leasing Deadline
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 11:04:30 PM »
Interesting.  What "remedial action" and on what legal basis?  And weren't we told last week that cases would be in court starting this week?   Ati put it to rest.   How many times has this matter been "put to rest", only to be resurrected to fool Kenyans that something is being done about corruption?
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 03:00:05 PM »
How do you prosecute people who you are paying and sharing the loot with?
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 03:19:25 PM »
How do you prosecute people who you are paying and sharing the loot with?
To me.  It seems like they want to close that file.  Everyone knows the bahindi-front will not be charged.  The same corruption these committees are investigating plagues them.

EACC is a waste of money.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman