Author Topic: Human Rights Watch Accuses AMISON Of Rape In Somalia  (Read 5685 times)

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar
Human Rights Watch Accuses AMISON Of Rape In Somalia
« on: September 08, 2014, 03:03:48 PM »
More ammunition for the radical clerics to spit more venom and promote terrorism in Kenya.

Internationally funded African Union troops in war-torn and impoverished Somalia have raped women and traded food aid for sex, Human Rights Watch said in a damning report Monday.

"Some of the women who were raped said that the soldiers gave them food or money afterwards in an apparent attempt to frame the assault as transactional sex," the HRW report said.

There was no immediate reaction from the AU force, Amisom, a 22,000-strong force with soldiers from six nations, which has been fighting alongside government troops against Al-Shabaab insurgents since 2007.

AMISOM DONORS

The vulnerable women largely came from basic camps in the capital Mogadishu, after fleeing rural Somalia during a devastating famine in 2011.

Amisom donors include the UN, European Union, Britain and United States.

The AU soldiers, "relying on Somali intermediaries, have used a range of tactics, including humanitarian aid, to coerce vulnerable women and girls into sexual activity," the report read, based on testimonies of 21 women and girls.

"They have also raped or otherwise sexually assaulted women who were seeking medical assistance or water at Amisom bases."

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Amisom-rape-Somalia-war/-/1056/2445066/-/81b10s/-/index.html

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: Human Rights Watch Accuses AMISON Of Rape In Somalia
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 03:54:00 PM »
It's the soldiers themselves who have been bragging about the exploits. KDF has been the biggest culprit and hence the constant attacks on it.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline obienga

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 04:09:00 PM »
It's the soldiers themselves who have been bragging about the exploits. KDF has been the biggest culprit and hence the constant attacks on it.
Wasilwa, it is obvious that you are still reeling from the fiery demise of Godane. When was KDF ever in Mogadishu?
The vulnerable women largely came from basic camps in the capital Mogadishu, after fleeing rural Somalia during a devastating famine in 2011.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 04:23:32 PM »
Who made you KDF spokesman? I suggest you keep this staking at .com or die with it. Otherwise I will make short business of your crap.
Wasilwa, it is obvious that you are still reeling from the fiery demise of Godane. When was KDF ever in Mogadishu?

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline obienga

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 04:43:02 PM »
Wasilwa, accept that I am here to expose your perennial bs or simply suit yourself by living in denial. I need not be a spokesperson to expose your stinking nonsense.
Who made you KDF spokesman? I suggest you keep this staking at .com or die with it. Otherwise I will make short business of your crap.

Offline TheDayTheDollarDies

• VIP
  • Regular
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 04:44:53 PM »
So what new thing are they going to say with their new ammunition that they couldn't say with their old one?
 :85:

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 04:47:52 PM »
I would be surprised if KDF or GSU or APs did not rape somali women and girls...it the SOP for every KDF or GSU ops.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 05:04:50 PM »
I would be surprised if KDF or GSU or APs did not rape somali women and girls...it the SOP for every KDF or GSU ops.
It's in the public domain. Some of the abuses are detailed in the report filed to the UN where the evidence of KDF corruption has been detailed.

The HRW report is a mere addition to a well known story.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 05:05:45 PM »
Once you have done calling me names, please respond to the HRW report.

Wasilwa, accept that I am here to expose your perennial bs or simply suit yourself by living in denial. I need not be a spokesperson to expose your stinking nonsense.

Offline obienga

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 08:07:07 PM »
Wasilwa you earned your well deserved monikers a long time ago. No further comment is necessary, the report has nothing on KDF as your latest hogwash purports to claim:
The cases investigated by HRW involved troops from Burundi and Uganda. http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Amisom-rape-Somalia-war/-/1056/2445066/-/81b10s/-/index.html
Once you have done calling me names, please respond to the HRW report.

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 09:06:46 PM »
Museveni must be shitting bricks.

The United Nations and the United States are both calling for investigations of the alleged rapes of girls and women by Burundian and Ugandan troops assigned to the African Union Mission in Somalia (Amisom).

In separate statements issued on Monday, the UN and US said the sexual-abuse charges contained in a report by Human Rights Watch are a matter of grave concern.

Amisom operates under the aegis of the African Union with the support of the UN Security Council.

The US is the largest national donor to Amisom, having provided it with more than $340 million in assistance since its inception in 2007.

REASSESS SUPPORT

Human Rights Watch reported on Monday that it had interviewed 21 women and girls who said they were sexually abused or sexually exploited by Burundian and Ugandan troops at two Amisom bases in Mogadishu.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/UN--US-urge-investigation-of-alleged-rapes-by-Amisom-troops/-/1056/2445890/-/53ek3uz/-/index.html