Author Topic: Governors To Lose Titles  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Governors To Lose Titles
« on: February 19, 2015, 12:14:38 AM »
Now they wont be referred to as Your Excellency.  Wanjiku has to be well pleased with her representatives.  In a country, average IQ 72, she is well represented in Parliament.

Evidently.  In a country overrun by grand corruption, insecurity, horrendous health care...12 months in prison is not a bad deal for flouting protocol.  This is just what the doctor ordered.
The Bill sets the order of precedence for officials at diplomatic, official and social state functions within the country and abroad and gives the official titles of designated office holders.

Anyone who flouts the new provisions once the Bill is enacted will be fined up to Sh2 million or face 12 months imprisonment or both.

Who needs to earn respect when you can make a law granting the same? would appear to be Wanjiku Muhia's thinking.
Nyandarua MP Wanjiku Muhia said the Bill was necessary because of challenges that have been experienced and she was optimistic that it will assist the State to give elected leaders respect and recognition.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/MPs-Titles-Governors-MCAs-Protocol/-/1064/2628286/-/7i3mog/-/index.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Governors To Lose Titles
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 08:35:50 AM »
This parliament is arguably the worst ever.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 04:15:50 PM »
Who cares what they are called, fly, or drive as long as they can deliver. So far only a few know what they are doing.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 05:29:48 PM »
It has happened before as part of the moves to destroy majimbo. Mboya was the architect. Like now, KANU took power without being committed to the constitution. They therefore set about dismantling it brick by brick and when done, started to create an Imperial Presidency. By 1978 when Kenyatta died, Njonjo had been mulling a bill to make Kenyatta President for Life - KANU having already so decreed.

Mboya is on record boasting that he had used his personal security to stop and remove the national flag from the car of the President of the Coast Region. Of course the title "President" was outlawed for anybody but Kenyatta. Thus Presidents of Trade Unions and Associations had to become "Chairmen" in a hurry.

The path to dictatorship in Kenya followed the same path as the destruction of Majimbo. It is that simple to understand: Under Majimbo, power was decentralized. Once you destroy Majimbo the power returns to the center.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Ka-Bella

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 02:06:28 PM »
This parliament is arguably the worst ever.

For me it's a foregone conclusion. Especially considering the times. Surreal.