Author Topic: Dr Ndii get it right on Narok..proxy war on graft is really tribal/clan fight  (Read 1596 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
And so was the Mau forest debacle. The Purkos which is largest Maasai sub-tribe or clan has woken up to "danger" of being overrun by ever expanding Kipisigis. The rest of transmara maasai (Uasing Gishu, Moitanik,Siria) has seen accept that reality and made peace with that fact.What happen in last election is Tunai's Siria made a deal with Kipsigis and he was elected despite the purko"majorityy".  In last election Maa were i think 120,000 voters while kipsigis were 90,000...right now...it probably 50:50.

"Poor" Maasai are not only going to lose Narok but Kajiado just like they've lost Uasin Gishu, Tranzoia, Nakuru, Laikipia,Nyandarau, Nairobi and basically all their land in kenya.

http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/The-big-picture-in-Narok-crisis/-/440808/2623352/-/mtsqxhz/-/index.html

Dr Ndii talks about Land in RV with such clarity of mind it very interesting read.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Maasais have been holding the short end of the stick since muzungu appeared on the horizon.  I wonder how they fare in Tanzania. 

The reason land is such a big deal in Kenya, 80% of the population makes a living off it.  Even the folks living in cities, still supplement their livelihoods from the land.  An agrarian rather than industrial ecosystem.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
You could say that. Without the Brits..they would be by far the richest folks around..with some of the very best land.
Maasais have been holding the short end of the stick since muzungu appeared on the horizon.  I wonder how they fare in Tanzania. 

The reason land is such a big deal in Kenya, 80% of the population makes a living off it.  Even the folks living in cities, still supplement their livelihoods from the land.  An agrarian rather than industrial ecosystem.

Offline Reticent Solipsist

• Superstar

The Maasais of Tanzania have fared much better than their Kenyan kinsmen after independence. Many thanks to that erudite man, Nyerere, who was neither predatory nor acquisitive.

Edward Sokoine, a powerful Prime Minister during Nyerere's presidency, and heir apparent, was killed in a car accident I think in 1984. He was Maasai.