Author Topic: New Model Supports An Eternal Universe  (Read 2508 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
New Model Supports An Eternal Universe
« on: February 12, 2015, 05:47:15 PM »
They seem to be saying no before, no after the universe. 
The universe may have existed forever, according to a new model that applies quantum correction terms to complement Einstein's theory of general relativity. The model may also account for dark matter and dark energy, resolving multiple problems at once.
"The Big Bang singularity is the most serious problem of general relativity because the laws of physics appear to break down there," Ahmed Farag Ali at Benha University and the Zewail City of Science and Technology, both in Egypt, told Phys.org.

Ali and coauthor Saurya Das at the University of Lethbridge in Alberta, Canada, have shown in a paper published in Physics Letters B that the Big Bang singularity can be resolved by their new model in which the universe has no beginning and no end.

Slowly inching towards a theory of quantum gravity.
Using the quantum-corrected Raychaudhuri equation, Ali and Das derived quantum-corrected Friedmann equations, which describe the expansion and evolution of universe (including the Big Bang) within the context of general relativity. Although it's not a true theory of quantum gravity, the model does contain elements from both quantum theory and general relativity. Ali and Das also expect their results to hold even if and when a full theory of quantum gravity is formulated.
http://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html#jCp
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: New Model Supports An Eternal Universe
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 07:44:17 PM »
What part of that is 'new'?
Attempts to spin away origins dilemma by insinuating eternity are as old as Darwin's great granddad. Or even more.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 08:17:18 PM »
Interesting. No beginning. No end.

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 12:15:22 AM »
Attempts to spin away origins dilemma by insinuating eternity are as old as Darwin's great granddad. Or even more.

It's a new model.  One that Darwin(it's his birthday) wouldn't have the foggiest clue about.

You can always say that is how God made it.  Especially given that yours is the type that was already impervious to other "friendlier" models.  Just say he made Adam six days after the big bang, and took a weekend off as they do in the no-spin zone.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 12:17:41 AM »
Interesting. No beginning. No end.
Just being.  Existence.  Stuff.  What is shocking is how little some religious people realize just how far away from the mind any scientific finding has them and their beliefs.

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 04:04:24 AM »
Circle of life in the cosmos quantified. The shamans were right.

Notice satan at the bottom.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 04:08:33 AM »
I have experienced that external universe.   Many times.   And it definitely seemed that the universe had no beginning or end.   But I used to do a lot of pot in those days  :D
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 09:20:48 AM »

It's a new model.  One that Darwin(it's his birthday) wouldn't have the foggiest clue about.

You can always say that is how God made it.  Especially given that yours is the type that was already impervious to other "friendlier" models.  Just say he made Adam six days after the big bang, and took a weekend off as they do in the no-spin zone.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.