Author Topic: Kitengela, Kajiado ..Maasai ..we were conned out of our land  (Read 1813 times)

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Kitengela, Kajiado ..Maasai ..we were conned out of our land
« on: February 11, 2015, 08:17:29 AM »
is this the modern day Kipkellion or is it too metropolitan for maasai to have their way... was the maina njenga wife burial a pointer of things which may come?

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/lifestyle/article/2000151281/from-wealthy-landowners-to-landlessness-and-despair?pageNo=4
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Kitengela, Kajiado ..Maasai ..we were conned out of our land
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 02:41:24 PM »
This isn't comparable to Kenyatta land grab or the Brits land grab of Maasai land. This appear to me like willing seller willing buyer...and those conned..need help through lawyers.

Offline Logan

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 04:59:21 AM »
I wonder how many of them would refund the money they were paid to get their land back in a whim without borrowing...idiots.
And Life Goes On..

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 07:22:45 AM »
My broda, you go to Kitengela town and you find Maasai herders leasing open plots inside The town to keep they animals over night. Maasai needs to be saved from their stupidity

I wonder how many of them would refund the money they were paid to get their land back in a whim without borrowing...idiots.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 10:19:16 AM »
How can one explain the correlation between not having good education, infrastructure facilities in maasai land and this sort of rip off going on. I read on newspapers year round that some of these counties are very rich....so the government collects tax from them....the monies end up in Nairobi....some get stolen by some corrupt mafia (or used to pay salaries to a bloated government that has employed very few maasai)....and part of the stolen money ends up being used to buy maasai land. It's a vicious cycle I say.