Author Topic: Kabete MP bites the dust/bullets in CBD..let the speculation begin  (Read 25213 times)

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Re: Kabete MP bites the dust/bullets in CBD..let the speculation begin
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 06:14:12 PM »
Between the leading papers and their police sources (who "cannot be identified because they are not authorized to speak to the media") we have a clear picture of what happened. 

The criminals carried out their operation in a white Mercedes:

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Camera-reveals-clues-on-city-killing-of-MP-/-/1056/2617532/-/ocot5g/-/index.html

"CCTV footage showed that the masked gunman who killed them drove away in a white Mercedes Benz with Ugandan registration plates"

The police acted swiftly and

"A group of detectives from the homicide department at the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) were dispatched to Kampala yesterday after failing to find the details of the original and current owners of the car in their Nairobi registries"

while on the ground there were covert operations:

"Another group of officers from the Flying Squad had from Saturday night conducted covert operations in the Asmara area of Huruma, where a car resembling the Benz had been seen."

But before getting the Mercedes, the criminals started in a Toyota Corolla:

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/muchai-killed-car-jackers

"The gangsters were driving in a Toyota Corolla 110. It emerged yesterday that the carjackers had earlier robbed a middle-aged clinical officer at Ndeiya in Limuru and locked him up in the boot of his Toyota Corolla"

They then upgraded to a Spacio, which was also briefly a Probox, but which is what they used for their operation, contrary to unhelpful CCTV that sent Heroic Police running off to Kampala:

"Police have seized a car reportedly used by hooded gunmen during the killings of Kabete MP George Muchai, his two bodyguards and a driver.  The white Toyota Spacio ..."

And then, deciding that they needed a bigger car for their "mission", they tried to run down a BMW:

" On Waiyaki Way, the gang tried to block a BMW but failed after the driver made a wrong turn and escaped, said one of the women."

http://standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000151327/police-recover-car-used-in-muchai-killing-as-women-recall-ordeal?articleID=2000151327&story_title=police-recover-car-used-in-george-muchai-killing-as-women-recall-ordeal&pageNo=1

Except that the BMW was actually a Mercedes:

"One of the women claimed that, at one point, they drove around a popular entertainment spot on Ojijo Road, where the criminals unsuccessfully attempted to attack a motorist in a Mercedes Benz who sped off."

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/muchai-killed-car-jackers

As for the gang, it started out with 4 people, who attacked the women as they drove home:

"According to the women, four hooded gunmen who had an AK47 rifle and three pistols attacked them in Gachie, Kiambu, as they drove home on Friday at about 10pm."

http://standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000151327/police-recover-car-used-in-muchai-killing-as-women-recall-ordeal?articleID=2000151327&story_title=police-recover-car-used-in-george-muchai-killing-as-women-recall-ordeal&pageNo=1

But one apparently disappeared into thin air at some point, and the remaining three instead accosted them at the entrance to their apartment:

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/muchai-killed-car-jackers#sthash.SBdbqo9p.dpuf

And they had an argument over the fee that had accepted for their mission:

"At one point, the women said they heard the gang argue in their Kikuyu dialect on why their gang leader agreed to take half of the fee for their mission."

What their mission was is unclear, but apparently it involved

- stopping at a club in Parklands to buy drinks

- stopping at an ATM, so that the women could withdraw some money

- some random driving-around   
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 07:19:29 PM »
Quote from: Windy City Assassin link=topic=1691.msg11179#msg11179
I thought that was remarkable.  The women were just glad to get their car back.  No urge to pursue the matter further.

Yes, it is quite a story.  The women are driven for hours, tied up and their mouths taped (so they can't call for help), with a brief stop at an ATM to empty one of their accounts.   Fortunately, as has been pointed out, a Spacio boot is a simple affair, and even in that condition they easily hop over the back seat and unlock the doors.   

They then dash off  to the police station and say "this is what happened to us, but we aren't interested beyond letting you know about it; and you should know because ...".

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 10:29:36 PM »
Termie,
Fingerprint dusting is reserved for serious &/ high profile ones. Normal 'harmless' jacking a are just not worth it in Kenia.

So I get my ride back intact? What else could I possibly want! The jackets brought to book?

The thugs know that a jacking is circulated almost instantly and that's why they kept the women through their mission. They was in a way kind and smart...very smart
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 10:52:04 PM »
Termie,
Fingerprint dusting is reserved for serious &/ high profile ones. Normal 'harmless' jacking a are just not worth it in Kenia.

So I get my ride back intact? What else could I possibly want! The jackets brought to book?

The thugs know that a jacking is circulated almost instantly and that's why they kept the women through their mission. They was in a way kind and smart...very smart
There are those who think the gang-land style shooting of an MP in the CBD is high profile somewhat.  From their perspective, police should already have faces being paraded in Yebei/Yusuf time.

The Muchai family would have be simpletons to think anything is coming out of this investigation...no prizes for figuring that fact out.

As MOON Ki mentions, if these women are just happy to get their ride.  Why drive themselves to the police station, report the thing and then want nothing to do with it?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2015, 12:08:05 AM »
This keeps getting better:

"The alleged registration number of the Toyota Spacio given by police, KBE 464N, is that of a motorcycle registered to Piki Piki Ltd, according to the registry of motor vehicles."

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/George-Muchai-Murder-Police-Investigation/-/1056/2621140/-/bbpepc/-/index.html

Offline Logan

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2015, 03:47:07 AM »
Quote from: Logan
Theories Flouted On Muchai Murder...
By Mithamo Muchiri and Collins L Magere via Facebook

http://nipate.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52662&p=432125#p432125
And Life Goes On..

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2015, 05:15:53 AM »
Taking out the MP is high profile but jacking a Spacio and abandoning it is not.

What ELSE was they supposed to do? Sue the ghosts who jacked them? Reporting a crime suffices
There are those who think the gang-land style shooting of an MP in the CBD is high profile somewhat.  From their perspective, police should already have faces being paraded in Yebei/Yusuf time.

The Muchai family would have be simpletons to think anything is coming out of this investigation...no prizes for figuring that fact out.

As MOON Ki mentions, if these women are just happy to get their ride.  Why drive themselves to the police station, report the thing and then want nothing to do with it?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2015, 05:45:44 AM »
Taking out the MP is high profile but jacking a Spacio and abandoning it is not.

What ELSE was they supposed to do? Sue the ghosts who jacked them? Reporting a crime suffices

They can take their lumps quitely.  Why report to the police and then have nothing to do with the case?  Why do the police share their story with the media if it's low profile?  Why don't they dust the car for fingerprints?

This case warrants a Yebei-to-Yusuf level of attention and processing.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2015, 07:10:58 AM »
They went to the police to report a robbery and carjacking. You have a problem with that. You got problems my broda.

You are missing everything. A random carjacking reported at around 0600H was not connected to a city assassination 3 hours before by them cops at the police station. The connection happens much later by which time the car had been released to the owners. Dusting prints after two or so washes is in vain.

There are better cases to parade sleuthing. This one is not IT

They can take their lumps quitely.  Why report to the police and then have nothing to do with the case?  Why do the police share their story with the media if it's low profile?  Why don't they dust the car for fingerprints?

This case warrants a Yebei-to-Yusuf level of attention and processing.

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2015, 02:22:06 PM »
Quote from: Logan
Theories Flouted On Muchai Murder...
By Mithamo Muchiri and Collins L Magere via Facebook

http://nipate.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52662&p=432125#p432125
The stories by the women. 3 hours before the event, by some people's reckoning, cannot have rung a bell to utumishi kwa wote.  According to this impressive logic, there is no need to pursue the spacio/probox/Mercedes/pikipiki angle further.

There are those who agree that we have incompetence that Kenya police can't help.  Then there is the type that can only be the result of a special effort.

The thing that has stood out to me to this point.  The number of bullets through the windshield.  The killer was a highly trained sharpshooter.  The kind of hits you see on the Makaburis and other sheikhs.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2015, 07:49:45 PM »
Kamwana promises Muchai's killers that their days of corruption and impunity are over.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Uhuru-Why-Muchai-was-killed/-/1056/2622234/-/cpo1wmz/-/index.html

If kamwana is to be taken seriously, this corrupt dreadlocked punk's days of corruption and impunity would appear to be numbered. 

http://www.nation.co.ke/counties/nairobi/Muchai-murder-suspect-14-Ddays-custody/-/1954174/2622736/-/t3moj0/-/index.html

Harriet Tubman

Offline Logan

• VIP
  • Superstar
And Life Goes On..

Offline Logan

• VIP
  • Superstar
And Life Goes On..

Offline Logan

• VIP
  • Superstar
And Life Goes On..

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2015, 08:22:46 AM »
Did Atwoli hire the bewildered chokora to wipe out Muchai and his body guards?  I mention elsewhere, that with Kenya, you want to keep an open mind.  Because there are people who will tell you that it is in fact what happened.  Without batting an eyelid.

If the chokora had no clue why he was in court, I am informed he was conveniently found with the murder weapon.  Linked by ballistics experts to the scene, among other artefacts.  He carried out the assassination like a seal team operative, fooling CCTV, and covered his tracks like a pig wading in from Nairobi river. 

Whether they used their vaunted fingerprint database to track him down Yebei/Yusuf style, is not something they are sharing.  It could be that he just left glaring clues everywhere.  The gun for example.

Either way it makes the prosecution's job very easy.  To be found with the murder weapon.

There are those who believe that if we remain focused on the chokora and Atwoli, it leaves less room to focus on who really killed Muchai and why.  Because if you think the chokora is a scapegoat.  You are supposed to think he is a scapegoat for Atwoli.

To be fair to Atwoli, he looks genuinely bewildered by the allegations.

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2015, 09:11:43 AM »
The number of car changes, shootings, purposeful sloppiness for one assassination sounds indefinitely from government security who trained in the KDF. Recall Moi and Biwott wrote the standard for car changes and commanded it so to security personnels. Thugs don't usually hijack a "white mercedes" that attract attention, however, western politicians are driven in those. Westlands is a notorious hotspot for political back hand deals, such as paying snipers. He was obviously a threat to powerful Kikuyus. He must've known something very important. Thanks MK for chronologically pinpointing the facts.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2015, 12:16:37 PM »
If there is a COTU angle in this, it MUST be connected to its hand in NSSF cookie jar

The reason the multiple cars don't bother me is because ALL those was not from 'official' position; it was media houses bribing cops to get some gossip

Offline Logan

• VIP
  • Superstar
And Life Goes On..

• Enigma
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2015, 06:44:39 PM »
Gumo is a tribal war-monger.  Given the Kenya police enjoys the full confidence of vooke and a handful of fellows in the security docket.  People like Gumo have a lot of currency to work with.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2015, 09:34:49 PM »
They got Mugabe killers...they are negroes for heaven sake, not crustaceans

Gumo is a tribal war-monger.  Given the Kenya police enjoys the full confidence of vooke and a handful of fellows in the security docket.  People like Gumo have a lot of currency to work with.