Author Topic: Kabete MP bites the dust/bullets in CBD..let the speculation begin  (Read 25212 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma

Read more at: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/thecounties/article/2000150839/kabete-mp-george-muchai-shot-dead-in-city-centre

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
Re: Kabete MP bites the dust/bullets in CBD..let the speculation begin
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 10:47:16 AM »
This is a very talented shooter indeed.  He managed to despatch the presumably armed bodyguards before they could even draw.  This story is odd.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 01:45:46 PM »
No prizes for guessing that utumishi kwa wote won't hack this one either.  They haven't in 50+ years.

I am impressed they are able to determine it was a homicide.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 02:46:11 PM »
I am still reading around it to fully understand.

First it is alleged that the probox drove ahead of them then blocked them. The probox occupants then sprayed the Muchai car killing him and his bodyguards. 

That would mean the killers were done with the job and would then speed off. But then who made the bullet holes in the back of the car? Somebody suggests that the killers first hit Muchai at the back before taking out the rest. If they did, how come the driver took no defensive, evasive manoeuvres? I have taken training in such and one thing I know very well is the car behind is most vulnerable to the one it is trailing. There are many things one can do and flight is the last. However it does appear like Muchai's car surrendered. Did they think they are police? Why would the police stop that kind of big man car at night?

The standard has a more detailed version. From reading it, I see a family feud behind all this.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 04:36:30 PM »
Kenya, is very unsafe.
Killing is becoming a way to settle scores.
These days they have cameras on every street. They light your car as you pass.

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 06:26:56 PM »
I am still reading around it to fully understand.

First it is alleged that the probox drove ahead of them then blocked them. The probox occupants then sprayed the Muchai car killing him and his bodyguards. 

That would mean the killers were done with the job and would then speed off. But then who made the bullet holes in the back of the car? Somebody suggests that the killers first hit Muchai at the back before taking out the rest. If they did, how come the driver took no defensive, evasive manoeuvres? I have taken training in such and one thing I know very well is the car behind is most vulnerable to the one it is trailing. There are many things one can do and flight is the last. However it does appear like Muchai's car surrendered. Did they think they are police? Why would the police stop that kind of big man car at night?

The standard has a more detailed version. From reading it, I see a family feud behind all this.
It's an assassination. 

Even though I have seen a few stories linking it to corruption in COTU.  One would have to be an imbecile to think Atwoli killed this man.

The car was not sprayed with bullets.  Rather they look like single shots from a sharpshooter.  Not many of those outside specialized branches of the disciplined forces.

Given that it looks like the handiwork of a big man.  The family might as well focus on moving on.  They might want to ask Mutula jnr for tips.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 07:08:50 PM »
"No stone will be left unturned".   The CID will ask people "record a statement".   And then life will go on.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 06:31:14 AM »
Let's see GEMA/Jubirlee democracy in action
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 06:43:31 AM »
And here is a witness fingering Somalis/al shabaab

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 12:22:58 AM »
Vintage utumishi kwa wote.  One can always count on them to cloud the issue rather than shed light on crimes of this type.

This level of incompetence requires a special effort to achieve.  I don't believe a word in the stories from the women.
Kenya: Police have seized a car reportedly used by hooded gunmen during the killings of Kabete MP George Muchai, his two bodyguards and a driver. The white Toyota Spacio belongs to a female insurance executive, police said, but it emerged that they released the car without subjecting it to a thorough forensic analysis.
http://standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000151327/police-recover-car-used-in-muchai-killing-as-women-recall-ordeal

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 12:43:16 AM »
Looks like a great story.   According to the women-owners, the criminals needed a powerful a car like a BMW for the mission.  By way of getting one, they started by carjacking a Probox.

The women know this because

"... they spent almost six hours in the car's boot and they at one point heard gunshots at unspecified place within the city."

but they managed to observe some things at less unspecified places:

"From there, they drove towards Kikuyu and later headed back to Westlands. On Waiyaki Way, the gang tried to block a BMW but failed after the driver made a wrong turn and escaped, said one of the women."

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 01:14:34 AM »
Looks like a great story.   According to the women-owners, the criminals needed a powerful a car like a BMW for the mission.  By way of getting one, they started by carjacking a Probox.

The women know this because

"... they spent almost six hours in the car's boot and they at one point heard gunshots at unspecified place within the city."

but they managed to observe some things at less unspecified places:

"From there, they drove towards Kikuyu and later headed back to Westlands. On Waiyaki Way, the gang tried to block a BMW but failed after the driver made a wrong turn and escaped, said one of the women."
I thought that was remarkable.  The women were just glad to get their car back.  No urge to pursue the matter further.

Looks like it's building up to a story in which the thugs will be caught and killed in a shootout even though they have no biometrics on them.  Case closed.

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 02:42:04 AM »
If someone told me that they'd been locked in a car-boot and driven around for hours, my first thought would be "how did you get out?".   Here, neither the cops nor the reporters seem curious about that, and ladies do not seem particularly keen to volunteer that information.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 08:02:28 AM »
in such a corrupt system nobody can give a coherent story coz you never know where it may take you.... look at that eye witness -  too excited to have his 15 minutes of fame- he knows this might change his fortunes for better thus says anything to make happy bored, sleepy police and journalists out for a scoop to close the matter in shortest time and move on
... those two women are also playing self preservation and are too happy to be alive like any other kenyan would be and have little concern for muchai justice

do we have a database of finger prints to allow conclusive forensic analysis or do we have to arrest a suspect ..take fingerprints and compare with ones from crime scene ..would the gunmen wear masks and not wear gloves

And senior police officers at Kikuyu police station are now under investigation after they released the car to the owner on Sunday without conducting a thorough forensic analysis. This, police said, led to loss of evidence through fingerprints being erased which could have helped identify the killers.
Read more at: http://standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000151327/police-recover-car-used-in-muchai-killing-as-women-recall-ordeal

abou the car...witness probox... police from cctv (or where did mercedes story come from) and now spacio
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 02:08:21 PM »
@gout,

Given the way Yebei morphed from a rotting corpse into Yusuf the vagrant from Kaimosi.  In record time.  I have been running on the assumption that CID have ready access to a cutting edge fingerprint database.

That is why I concluded that this level of incompetence can only result from a special effort.  Kenya police say the fingerprints have been lost.  It is not clear how they can be so confident.

Note that they know who owns the car, but won't make a simple request to bring it in for dusting. 

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 02:42:37 PM »
Before you get carried away by HollyWood and Sherlock Holmes,
Here is a Spacio for you
https://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan%20car/toyota/corolla+spacio/15947455/
Now, please focus on the 'boot'

Getting out of that thing is as simple of jumping into the rear seat and opening the side doors as soon as the negroes are gone

If someone told me that they'd been locked in a car-boot and driven around for hours, my first thought would be "how did you get out?".   Here, neither the cops nor the reporters seem curious about that, and ladies do not seem particularly keen to volunteer that information.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 02:55:15 PM »
The Mercedes came before the cctv. Still, I know one too many negroes who can't tell a Vitz from Fit. This is pretty useless information to all except car enthusiasts and of course traders.

Point is confusing car models is no proof of nothing

abou the car...witness probox... police from cctv (or where did mercedes story come from) and now spacio

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 05:10:01 PM »
Stones are being turned at a furious pace.    Between the leading papers and their police sources (who "cannot be identified because they are not authorized to speak to the media") we have a clear picture of what happened:

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Camera-reveals-clues-on-city-killing-of-MP-/-/1056/2617532/-/ocot5g/-/index.html

"CCTV footage showed that the masked gunman who killed them drove away in a white Mercedes Benz with Ugandan registration plates"

The police acted swiftly and

"A group of detectives from the homicide department at the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) were dispatched to Kampala yesterday after failing to find the details of the original and current owners of the car in their Nairobi registries"

while on the ground:

"Another group of officers from the Flying Squad had from Saturday night conducted covert operations in the Asmara area of Huruma, where a car resembling the Benz had been seen."

But before getting the Mercedes, the criminals started in a Toyota Corolla:

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/muchai-killed-car-jackers

"The gangsters were driving in a Toyota Corolla 110. It emerged yesterday that the carjackers had earlier robbed a middle-aged clinical officer at Ndeiya in Limuru and locked him up in the boot of his Toyota Corolla"

They then upgraded to a Spacio, which was also briefly a Probox

"Police have seized a car reportedly used by hooded gunmen during the killings of Kabete MP George Muchai, his two bodyguards and a driver.  The white Toyota Spacio ..."

And then, deciding that they needed a bigger car for their "mission", they tried to run down a BMW:

" On Waiyaki Way, the gang tried to block a BMW but failed after the driver made a wrong turn and escaped, said one of the women."

http://standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000151327/police-recover-car-used-in-muchai-killing-as-women-recall-ordeal?articleID=2000151327&story_title=police-recover-car-used-in-george-muchai-killing-as-women-recall-ordeal&pageNo=1

Except that the BMW was actually a Mercedes:

"One of the women claimed that, at one point, they drove around a popular entertainment spot on Ojijo Road, where the criminals unsuccessfully attempted to attack a motorist in a Mercedes Benz who sped off."

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/muchai-killed-car-jackers

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 05:21:20 PM »
Before you get carried away by HollyWood and Sherlock Holmes,
Here is a Spacio for you
https://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan%20car/toyota/corolla+spacio/15947455/
Now, please focus on the 'boot'
Getting out of that thing is as simple of jumping into the rear seat and opening the side doors as soon as the negroes are gone

Yes, I  can see the boot alright.   Now, you focus on the bit about their tied up but still easily jumping out and opening the doors.

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 05:25:55 PM »
A furious pace indeed.  The media is more than happy to mindlessly parrot what they are being told by their sources.  No questions asked.

We are now told that up to 4 people may have driven the car(the probox aka spacio aka Mercedes) that was used in the attack.  In K24 Tv's opinion, that means it cannot be "credibly" dusted for fingerprints. 

While there are those who can argue that fingerprints should nevertheless be dusted for and elimination used for "unknown" drivers, the detectives would rather let the media run with the story to its natural death. 

While they will send people all the way to Kampala to look for a Mercedes registration.  They are more than happy to let as many people as possible drive the spacio/probox in their backyard without as much as making a request to dust it.

While everybody knows Kenya police are an incompetent force.  It is debatable whether they can be this incompetent without a special effort and dedication to bungle the investigations.

Harriet Tubman