Author Topic: Kenya Bends Ready For Chinese Tarimbo  (Read 36226 times)

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Re: Kenya Bends Ready For Chinese Tarimbo
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2015, 07:37:13 PM »
The question remain where has 700M USD gone?

Food and health are the most basic human needs, and for folks like me and other average people, it is probably the biggest expense after housing.    So, a question: You give someone money to buy food or medicine that keeps him alive.  What should he say when you ask "where did the money go?".     Once again, I refer people to my comments on focusing on "things I can see with my own eyes!". 

Beyond that, there seems to exist the notion that the US government does not finance infrastructure projects in Kenya or elsewhere in Africa.    That is not the case.   The Overseas Private Investment Corporation
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2015, 06:56:22 AM »
The money simply went into the bottomless pit of unaccountable NGOS with doubful if not zero impact. Now OPIC is interesting...that is what US should focus more..sustainable development. I'll need to check Olkaria...III..happen maybe yrs ago..but current one being commissioned..the 280MW is financed by Japanese. The Obama energy thing..is indeed now financing i think Turkana and Kinagop.

US for it's wealth should do more..like the Chinese, the Japanese and the French have been doing in Kenya...financing really sustainable development project...not sending 700M USD  to buy condoms,yellow maize,mosquito nets, capacity building, youth training, conference and god knows what....that nobody has really asked for.

Kenyans want roads, railways, power stations, latest tech and whatever passses for development in the west..

Food and health are the most basic human needs, and for folks like me and other average people, it is probably the biggest expense after housing.    So, a question: You give someone money to buy food or medicine that keeps him alive.  What should he say when you ask "where did the money go?".     Once again, I refer people to my comments on focusing on "things I can see with my own eyes!". 

Beyond that, there seems to exist the notion that the US government does not finance infrastructure projects in Kenya or elsewhere in Africa.    That is not the case.   The Overseas Private Investment Corporation

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2015, 11:44:00 AM »
The money simply went into the bottomless pit of unaccountable NGOS with doubful if not zero impact.

Once again, is that attitude of "things before people" that means Kenyans are still dying like flies from diseases and always begging to be fed by others.    We can go back and forth on the "doubtful if zero impact", which you simply assert "like that"; I prefer to look at the concrete results that USAID states when it has to justify what it does with American taxpayers' money. 

US for it's wealth should do more..like the Chinese, the Japanese and the French have been doing in Kenya...financing really sustainable development project...not sending 700M USD 

Sustainable development is building things?   In that case, a question: the British left a perfectly good railway; what did Kenyans do  with it? 

Once again, I will repeat what I have already stated: countries like Kenya should forget the idea of other countries "doing more" for them.   They should learn how to and start doing for themselves.  That is the only kind of sustainable development that   will happen.  Otherwise the next 50 years will be no different from the last.

to buy condoms,yellow maize,mosquito nets, capacity building, youth training, conference and god knows what....that nobody has really asked for.

Oh, somebody did and always does: Kenyans.   Do you ever look at Kenya's annual begging list whenever it is submitted to Washington?

Kenyans want roads, railways, power stations, latest tech and whatever passses for development in the west..

They should first want to eat and be healthy.  What "passes for development in the west" can come later.   Whether it is West or East, those countries that Kenya wishes to emulate first learned to feed themselves.   Knowing how to do that would be a better import from China than all that cheap junk.    Just the other day, none other than His Excellency's wife again dished up the usual grim figures:

"First Lady Margaret Kenyatta has decried the 19,000 deaths annually, due to malnutrition. Mrs Kenyatta said another 2 million Kenyan children do not reach their mental and physical potential, resulting from stunted growth"

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/19000-children-dying-malnutrition-annually-says-margaret-kenyatta#sthash.SlGVoM25.dpuf

The article got fewer reader's comments than many of the nonsense articles in that paper.   That reflects a mindset that needs to change.

African countries would actually really fly if they would first focus on (a) the basics of human development and (b) how to govern themselves.     

Offline Reticent Solipsist

• Superstar
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2015, 01:04:26 PM »
The money simply went into the bottomless pit of unaccountable NGOS with doubful if not zero impact.

Once again, is that attitude of "things before people" that means Kenyans are still dying like flies from diseases and always begging to be fed by others.    We can go back and forth on the "doubtful if zero impact", which you simply assert "like that"; I prefer to look at the concrete results that USAID states when it has to justify what it does with American taxpayers' money. 

US for it's wealth should do more..like the Chinese, the Japanese and the French have been doing in Kenya...financing really sustainable development project...not sending 700M USD 

Sustainable development is building things?   In that case, a question: the British left a perfectly good railway; what did Kenyans do  with it? 

Once again, I will repeat what I have already stated: countries like Kenya should forget the idea of other countries "doing more" for them.   They should learn how to and start doing for themselves.  That is the only kind of sustainable development that   will happen.  Otherwise the next 50 years will be no different from the last.

to buy condoms,yellow maize,mosquito nets, capacity building, youth training, conference and god knows what....that nobody has really asked for.

Oh, somebody did and always does: Kenyans.   Do you ever look at Kenya's annual begging list whenever it is submitted to Washington?

They should first want to eat and be healthy.  What "passes for development in the west" can come later.   Whether it is West or East, those countries that Kenya wishes to emulate first learned to feed themselves.   Knowing how to do that would be a better import from China than all that cheap junk.    Just the other day, none other than His Excellency's wife again dished up the usual grim figures:

"First Lady Margaret Kenyatta has decried the 19,000 deaths annually, due to malnutrition. Mrs Kenyatta said another 2 million Kenyan children do not reach their mental and physical potential, resulting from stunted growth"

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/19000-children-dying-malnutrition-annually-says-margaret-kenyatta#sthash.SlGVoM25.dpuf

The article got fewer reader's comments than many of the nonsense articles in that paper.   That reflects a mindset that needs to change.

African countries would actually really fly if they would first focus on (a) the basics of human development and (b) how to govern themselves.   

No modern human society has developed on the basis of economic growth alone sans economic and social development. Equatorial Guinea and Angola are two examples of countries with growth without development. Heck, add Kenya to that list too.

As I've followed this debate from its outset, I aver that MOON Ki has captured best the concept of development. In fact, I would go so far as to state that the centrality of sustainable development and its convergence with other factors of development, that is, respect for the rule of law, pluralism, public accountability, human rights and market principles are the essential conditions for just, equitable and enduring economic development.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2015, 04:45:11 PM »
China continues to develop without all that..and so has many other countries including Malaysia and most of South Asians. China managed to pull out nearly 500M out of poverty in a single generation (never been done before)....through reforms in agriculture and of course huge mega infrastructure project.

There is really no need for debate on what development really is....you'll know development when you see one.

I aver that MOON Ki has captured best the concept of development. In fact, I would go so far as to state that the centrality of sustainable development and its convergence with other factors of development, that is, respect for the rule of law, pluralism, public accountability, human rights and market principles are the essential conditions for just, equitable and enduring economic development.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2015, 04:52:30 PM »
Yet another feeble defence of US's 700M USD that goes mostly into bottomless pits. Trust me because i have evaluated and monitored several million dollar projects by the same USAID/DFID/name them..and i can tell you without doubt... it is VERY VERY VERY RARE to find a project that has had a positive impact...most are in the zero impact territory...and some are in fact negatively impacting development. We are talking PROVEN measurable impact...which might be difficult for you because clearly tonnes of condoms(maybe positive 0.00001%), mosquito nets (temporary + zero) and yellow maize (-ve including our maize farmers) impacted us somewhere...

I think one time we calculated how much aid per capita has gone into NEP...and it was mind-boggling..and yet there is nothing to show in those dusty sandy places....USAID will not even get a thank you from folks there..the money simply disappeared in thin air. I wonder what NEP would have been if USAID had dedicated all that money in building a tarmac road from Garissa to Mandera...a meat processing plant in Garissa..and irrigation project in Mandera.

Now compare to 300M USD that Japan has lent us to develop kshs 90B's Oklaria IV and V (Kengen...through kenyans contributed 700MUSD)..and we just injected a total of 280MW.

That 280MW has reduced our reliance of thermal & hyrdo generators and reduce the cost of power by 30%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the whole of kenya...30% reduction in more stabler electricity..a major component in HH and industrial budget..is big news...the multiplier effect wacha tu. USAID would kill to  publish such figures. China's SGR you can imagine is going to add 2% GDP every yr..for next 3yrs...those are truly amazing stuff..if you know what numbers we are talking about.

US simply have their priorities upside down.

Teach the people how to fish...do not give them fish.

Let USAID focus on really impactful projects.....if they build 100B water dam like French did in Ndakainin to deal with perennial water problems in Nariobi (Ndakaini that frenchies built in 90s can only produce half the water we need as Nairobi continue to grow)....it will reduce diarhoea and all those diseases that USAID really "love" plus ensuring watsan  in Nairobi is truly secured...rather than going round teaching folks how to wash their hands..at cost of lots of USD.

Kenya Railways is not the first mismanaged project..here or in kenya....so quit making a meal about it.

Either the guys in US are dumb (which isn't true) or they are just cynical in how to help a country.

And every country esp a poor one need help. Stop long lectures on that. We all need help at some point.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2015, 05:09:18 PM »
Yet another feeble defence of US's 700M USD that goes mostly into bottomless pits.

For one, I have pointed out food and medicine that keep people alive.  I take it you have no counter to that one.  At any rate, there is no need for me to add anything to what I have already stated, as you are determined to believe whatever you will.  Nor will I comment again on this idea that the USA or anybody else should be doing this or that in Kenya or elsewhere in Africa.  In any case, to the extent that any money from the USA (or elsewhere) gets wasted in places like Kenya---and it is not enough for you to merely claim that it is---you have to look at the people who are receiving it.

On the bright side of this little exercise, I note that you have now moved beyond the Chinese and have discovered the French and the Japanese.   That is good.   You now need to move beyond the idea that any of them will save Kenya and do what Kenyans will not do for themselves.

China's SGR you can imagine is going to add 2% GDP every yr..for next 3yrs...those are truly amazing stuff..if you know what numbers we are talking about.

There you go again, simply making up numbers.   Where did you get that one?  Please provide some concrete basis it (i.e. not "I heard it"),

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2015, 05:19:42 PM »
Yet another feeble attempt... Food and Medicine..how is that given.How does shipping yellow Maize or Wheat from Illionois US every year for last 50yrs  with huge label " From the American People" really help deal with food insecurity. Does the US do that to deal with poor in the US or they just wire money [food stamps]. USAID for many years insisted on that flawed model..when every food security experts knew it was just vicious cycle...that was negatively impacting local markets and local free market ability to correct demand+supply side of food affairs..it took Norwegians and Oxfam guts to try cash transfer (read how this helped Brazil reduce poverty)..and now instead of sending yellow maize..folks are being Mpesad money...to buy local food. Now a farmer in Eldoret can send his food to turkana..or well rich turkana can sell food to poor fellow starving turkanas..and local economy is booming. Before then...everywhere was like Ukambani..completely negatively dependant on lining up for free food aid year in year out...we use to receive phone calls from Kalonzo and Ngilu to increase number of folks who need food aid..it was the only "maendeleo" down there. NEGATIVE IMPACT.

I don't know enough about  Healthcare....but if anything..i am sure it's the same zero or negative impact....i have done 1 or 2 HIV-AIDS projects....but i don't remember anything inspiring about providing mushroom or some nutrients to HIV-AIDS victims.

As for Japs and French...maybe you're new but i have always for last 10yrs been praising of the Japs and French...before Chinese..came...China are doing what Japs and French have been doing in grandier scale. JICA model works.

Search google for " SGR to add 2% GDP" ....otherwise i cannot give you fish..like USAID..complete with a silver spoon.

For one, I have pointed out food and medicine that keep people alive.  I take it you have no counter to that one.  At any rate, there is no need for me to add anything to what I have already stated, as you are determined to believe whatever you will.  Nor will I comment again on this idea that the USA or anybody else should be doing this or that in Kenya or elsewhere in Africa.

On the bright side of this little exercise, I note that you have now moved beyond the Chinese and have discovered the French and the Japanese.

China's SGR you can imagine is going to add 2% GDP every yr..for next 3yrs...those are truly amazing stuff..if you know what numbers we are talking about.

There you go again, simply making up numbers.   Where did you get that one?  Please provide some concrete basis it (i.e. not "I heard it"),

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2015, 05:28:30 PM »
Yet another feeble attempt... Food and Medicine..how is that given.How does shipping yellow Maize or Wheat from Illionois US every year for last 50yrs really help deal with food insecurity.

Nowhere did I say that it deals with food insecurity.   What I said is that it keeps people alive.   Food insecurity is something Kenyans will have to solve for themselves, although they have never been inclined to do so.   Still, Obama is trying to help them by including them in the Feed The Future Program.

Kenya Railways is not the first mismanaged project..here or in kenya....so quit making a meal about it.

The point is that just building another railway will not help anything if the right lessons have not been learned.   Think about that when you talk about "sustainable". 

Trust me because i have evaluated and monitored several million dollar projects by the same USAID/DFID/name them..and i can tell you without doubt... it is VERY VERY VERY RARE to find a project that has had a positive impact..

The evaluations conducted by the people who want to know how their money is being spent are publicly available.  I will go with those.   Of course, if you want to post here the results of your evaluation, we'll be happy to also look at them and form a comparative  opinion; until then, I'm afraid we must consider such claims as hot air.

Search google for " SGR to add 2% GDP" ....otherwise i cannot give you fish..like USAID..complete with a silver spoon.

He, he, he,   ... What a funny man you are!   I have already looked into the matter.    That is why I asked you to provide a concrete basis for your statement.     I leave it to other Nipateans to

(a) 'Search google for " SGR to add 2% GDP"' as you suggest;

(b) If they can find the 2% GDP (or any other figure), to see if there is any concrete basis for the claim.

In the meantime, once again, I encourage you to stop making up numbers as if readers here are the sort of gullible people one finds in a River-Road bar.

Now a farmer in Eldoret can send his food to turkana..or well rich turkana can sell food to poor fellow starving turkanas

So, why are people still starving all over the place?  Why are tens of thousands of Kenyan kids still dying from malnutrition?   Why are millions of Kenyans unable to grow properly, physically and mentally, because of a lack of proper nutrition?

I don't know enough about  Healthcare....but if anything..i am sure it's the same zero or negative impact....

You don't know, but you are sure.   Standard Pundit.   How about you first find out and then form an opinion?

And every country esp a poor one need help. Stop long lectures on that. We all need help at some point.

Yes, but trying to help people who won't help themselves is ultimately a futile exercise.  As we can see here, there is a lot of excitement about infrastructure but not about food or health.  What does that tell us?   That Kenyans will continue to die from lack of proper food and easily-preventable diseases.   

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2015, 05:47:50 PM »
In summary you're a like the naive do-gooder who give coins and food to street beggar..and is only suprised next time he visit...he see a clan of street beggars. That is call negative impact. Just stop giving those beggars food. They won't die. They'll figure it out. And if you really want to help them...please help them by using at least common sense.

If USAID really want to help deal with food insecurity...and i think they want...how about they use 700MUSD to build a Galana type 1M acre irrigation scheme in Turkana...that will produce enough food.

Are we food insecure because we are lazy or because we work our farms..and wait for rainfall that just never comes or comes at wrong time??????????????

99% of food insecurity in kenya is linked to DROUGHT...failure of rainfall..and solutions...that USAID should focus on is on that.Feed The Future Program which i know more deeply than you is waste of time...and resources..not any different from all the failed models before.

As for figures...am good in figures...so i know what figures means and i do not throw them ovyo ovyo..i just do not have time for hyperlinking like this was master thesis.

Healthcare..i know a little (but maybe more than you).. but generally it mainly doesn't work...we did review AMPATH work in North Rift...and of course no HIV AID victims want to go around with a tag "I am a HIV person who is receiving enriched mushroom From the American People" ..in fact we had problem tracing and interviewing any good numbers of USAID recipients for obvious reasons and therefore all the "good intention" work of 700MUSD is going into bottomless pit of NGO.

700M USAID DOWN THE DRAINS. Mainly.

Yet another feeble attempt... Food and Medicine..how is that given.How does shipping yellow Maize or Wheat from Illionois US every year for last 50yrs really help deal with food insecurity.

Nowhere did I say that it deals with food insecurity.   What I said is that it keeps people alive.   Food insecurity is something Kenyans will have to solve for themselves, although Obama is trying to help them by including them in the Feed The Future Program.

He, he, he,   ... What a funny man you are!   I have already looked into the matter.    That is why I asked you to provide a concrete basis for your statement.     I leave it to other Nipateans to

(a) 'Search google for " SGR to add 2% GDP"' as you suggest;

(b) If they can find the 2% GDP (or any other figure), to see if there is any concrete basis for the claim.

In the meantime, once again, I encourage you to stop making up numbers as if readers here are the sort of gullible people one finds in a River-Road bar.

Now a farmer in Eldoret can send his food to turkana..or well rich turkana can sell food to poor fellow starving turkanas

So, why are people still starving all over the place?  Why are tens of thousands of Kenyan kids still dying from malnutrition?   Why are millions of Kenyans unable to grow properly, physically and mentally, because of a lack of proper nutrition?

I don't know enough about  Healthcare....but if anything..i am sure it's the same zero or negative impact....

You don't know, but you are sure.   Standard Pundit.   How about you first find out and then form an opinion?

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2015, 06:05:00 PM »
Just stop giving those beggars food. They won't die. They'll figure it out.

Good one.  Let's remember it the next time we are shown horrifying photos of skeletal, filthy people with flies buzzing around them and the government of Kenya sending out urgent messages for the world to "urgently help". 

99% of food insecurity in kenya is linked to DROUGHT...failure of rainfall..and solutions...that USAID should focus on is on that.

One more time: it is not the job of USAID or anyone else to feed Kenyans.   Kenyans can feed themselves if they get their priorities right.  So stop going on and on about what USAID should supposedly be doing.

As for figures...am good in figures...so i know what figures means and i do not throw them ovyo ovyo..i just do not have time for hyperlinking like this was master thesis.

He, he, he .... Like I said, you are a very funny man!  But it's not the first time (even just on this thread) that you've made up numbers and then started to wriggle when questioned.   

...we did review AMPATH work in North Rift...in fact we had problem tracing and interviewing any good numbers of USAID recipients

Who is this "we", and where can we find the results of your imaginary evaluations?  I am especially interested in the "several million dollar projects by the same USAID/DFID/name them" that you have supposedly "evaluated and monitored".

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2015, 06:11:29 PM »
The pictures mainly comes from the same self-serving NGOS who want USAIDS tap to remain open. I use to ran the figures. I know how very hard it is for a person to die from hunger. I think human body can go for 2 weeks without food.

In any case i think we are going circular.

USAID are there to help...so are the Chinese...so are the Japs...let them use their brains to help us..or well let them not throw their money down bottomless pits..and then demand to be praised.

We need help. We cannot initiate 1B USD irrigation scheme in turkana without help...either in AID or LOAN or FDI or technical help.

It not a secret we are poor. That is the reality we find ourselves. We cannot blame the victim of poverty.

Just stop giving those beggars food. They won't die. They'll figure it out.

Good one.  Let's remember it the next time we are shown horrifying photos of skeletal, filthy people with flies buzzing around them and the government of Kenya sending out urgent messages for the world to "urgently help". 

99% of food insecurity in kenya is linked to DROUGHT...failure of rainfall..and solutions...that USAID should focus on is on that.

One more time: it is not the job of USAID or anyone else to feed Kenyans.   Kenyans can feed themselves if they get their priorities right.  So stop going on and on about what USAID should supposedly be doing.

He, he, he .... Like I said, you are a very funny man!  But it's not the first time (even just on this thread) that you've made up numbers and then started to wriggle when questioned.   

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2015, 06:21:32 PM »
Figures: google search;
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDIQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.capital.nedbank.co.za%2Fnedbank%2Faction%2Fmedia%2FdownloadFile%3Fmedia_fileid%3D2598&ei=QE_nVM6yG4O07gbes4HwCA&usg=AFQjCNEZxCTCyX4q2-1kCCUP6VTymL9YRA&sig2=t307wMBuzZgrXbjAPc1NpA
"upgrade the rail network between the .... project, due to be completed by 2016, will add between 2% and 3% to Kenya's GDP."

Ha, ha, ha ....  :D :) :D

That's it?   

If you looked carefully at what I wrote, you will note that I repeatedly asked for a concrete basis.   You have "cleverly" omitted some key words.  Here is exactly what the report at the link says:

"Kenya believes that the corridor project, due to be completed by 2016."

That's it.   "Kenya believes".    On what basis does Kenya believe?        Oh, and obviously it won't be completed in 2016.

Please try again!

Also, your claim was that the SGR would add 2% to GDP per year, and that is what you were questioned about.    If you look at the report, you will note that the "project" being referred to includes LAPSSE, which started when?

"Kenya expects big things of its new port at Lamu, part of a $25.5 billion project intended to link landlocked South Sudan and Ethiopia to the Indian Ocean port via a major highway, railway and oil pipeline."

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2015, 06:34:23 PM »
Google some more..and show me one USAID project that can dream of such IMPACT.
1.5% of GDP growth...in 53B or about GDP..is alot of money..added to the economy.

Read more at: http://www.ventures-africa.com/2015/01/standard-gauge-railway-to-raise-kenyas-gdp-by-1-5-percent/

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2015, 06:41:33 PM »
Try this...
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Initial-work-on-new-rail-to-raise-GDP-6-9pc-in-2015/-/539552/2524366/-/lvew5ez/-/index.html

I have seen all that before. 

(a) I was careful to ask for a concrete basis for any claim.

(b) In any case, your claim was that "add 2% GDP every yr..for next 3yrs1.6% for one year.   And there's still (a), regardless of the source.

Oh, another thing: if you look at all the money that's been borrowed or is otherwise involved in the thing, how much % is that of Kenyan GDP.

Please keep trying!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2015, 06:44:17 PM »
Classical hair splitting.

Learn to round off figures..this is an internet forum..not a scientific thesis where i need to care about high floating point precision. 1.6% or 1.5% is rounded off to 2%...and these are figures that i keep in memory...stuff i read here or there.

We are making main points regarding USAID and China model..not nitpicking and generally being petty.

You're either running on empty or you can't help being petty.

SGR will add 2% to our GDP when it under construction now and after the trains start running...that statement is generally true...

Try this...
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Initial-work-on-new-rail-to-raise-GDP-6-9pc-in-2015/-/539552/2524366/-/lvew5ez/-/index.html

I have seen all that before. 

(a) I was careful to ask for a concrete basis for any claim.

(b) In any case, your claim was that "add 2% GDP every yr..for next 3yrs1.6% for one year.   And there's still (a), regardless of the source.

Oh, another thing: if you look at all the money that's been borrowed or is otherwise involved in the thing, how much % is that of Kenyan GDP.

Please keep trying!

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2015, 06:51:05 PM »
Google some more..and show me one USAID project that can dream of such IMPACT.
1.5% of GDP growth...in 53B or about GDP..is alot of money..added to the economy.

Read more at: http://www.ventures-africa.com/2015/01/standard-gauge-railway-to-raise-kenyas-gdp-by-1-5-percent/

Let's forget USAID for a minute.    I see that there you have quoted Kenyatta.   If you back and carefully read what I wrote, you will find this:

"Please provide some concrete basis it (i.e. not "I heard it")".

Anyway, once again, here is what I challenged you on:

"add 2% GDP every yr..for next 3yrs"

Stop wriggling and address that!

1.6% or 1.5% is rounded off to 2%...

Nice on.   0.4% or 0.5% relative to Kenya's GDP is not trivial enough to say, oh just round it.    But that aside, what about the 3 years?   Where did you get that one?