Author Topic: Teachers Won't Go To Mandera, Wajir, Garissa  (Read 2255 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Teachers Won't Go To Mandera, Wajir, Garissa
« on: January 28, 2015, 06:12:17 PM »
They don't care about "improving security" in those areas.  They want no truck with Mandera, secure or not. 

The pay is not worth the risk of being decapitated.  You'd have to drag them kicking and screaming to go there after all those events.  Who can blame them? 

What about the locals?  Are there enough locals from Mandera and those areas in the teaching profession?

Teachers camping at TSC headquarters

http://allafrica.com/stories/201501270323.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Teachers Won't Go To Mandera, Wajir, Garissa
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 07:40:49 PM »
Security first.

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 10:08:25 PM »
Security first.
That won't happen until Kenya sorts out the Somalia invasion  and related issues.  I believe it's not entirely impossible.  Why can't Kenya talk with Al Shabaab?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 11:55:16 AM »
it is funny to see wariah elite who have their families in Nairobi and Europe insisting these teachers and other civil servants to go to those places

with sossion summons to CID seems like days when police were used to settle everything are back .....

any nywele ngumu going top those areas need to be armed by govt or we transfer all wariahs to work with their fellows till they accept civilisation
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 05:05:26 PM »
it is funny to see wariah elite who have their families in Nairobi and Europe insisting these teachers and other civil servants to go to those places

with sossion summons to CID seems like days when police were used to settle everything are back .....

any nywele ngumu going top those areas need to be armed by govt or we transfer all wariahs to work with their fellows till they accept civilisation
These are tough places.  Even cops and soldiers are posted there as punishment.  It's a lot safer in Kismayo.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Logan

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 05:05:37 AM »
And Life Goes On..